Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 01:29 PM

301 posts, read 329,403 times

Advertisements

I met this guy in November and we immidiately became friends. Although we both obviously didn't match each other's preferences - I'm taller than him - we would still spend a lot of time together not planning on becoming anything more than just friends. More to say he's not beautiful in my taste at all. But that didn't prevent me from falling for him after a month of knowing each other and he obviously fell for me too. We didn't open up about our feelings but our way of communicating changed. For example I would get really anxious while talking to him even just via sms and if he wouldn't reply fast (he never replies fast) I would get more and more anxious to the point where I am out of breath or have my ears popped. I know it sounds dumb but this happens to me first time in life. I don't know if he felt the same way or not but suddenly we stopped interacting for some time in December, then he called me up before the New Year eve and after that we've never seen each other again till Wednesday.
On one hand I was broken but on the other hand I was healing from instant fevers that I would get from our talks and breaks, cause I was in constant stress whenever he would or would not contact me. It must be a psychic phenomenon or something, I can't explain that. Anyway I got back to my normal condition after a month of not seeing/talking to him.
But during the last week I started thinking of him a lot secretly wishing he'd contact me again. And suddenly after almost a 4 months long break I get an sms from his number asking why did I not talk to him all these months. So we began chatting via sms again but not about the stuff that I wanted to chat about. I wanted to tell him so much about me and things that happened to me etc. but instead we somehow started talking about politics and then about me traveling with other guys (these topics are closely tied) and we didn't quarrel but I feel he's angry at me. He changed topic I replied to him and he didn't reply. I feel anxious, dumb and have a fever again. This been going on for two days by now. I can't concentrate on anything, my stomach hurts and I'm sitting with my ears clugged. This is really psychotic so I think I should stop communicating with him and move on. But actually I don't wanna do that I want to keep getting his messages and maybe I should open up to him. what do you think

Last edited by Thunderbird13; 04-18-2014 at 01:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 01:48 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,549,801 times
If you want to totally get over him, marry him.

OK, OK, that's a joke.

However, you travel with other men, he wants to know about it (for obvious reasons), and now he isn't so willing to talk to you....

Well, for good reason.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
If you want to totally get over him, marry him.

OK, OK, that's a joke.

However, you travel with other men, he wants to know about it (for obvious reasons), and now he isn't so willing to talk to you....

Well, for good reason.
but that wasnt a significant traveling. Just a guy that was my friend and I don't know why did he get so angry and sarcasitic when I had to tell him about that guy. Anyway he could at least tell something cause I am soooo broken

Old 04-18-2014, 02:02 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,814 times
He obviously liked you, but as you make it sound you were clearly out of his league or something lol. But the silly thing is, you aren't or else you wouldn't be so into him. Obviously there is something about him that you find so attractive, so what's the problem?

Old 04-18-2014, 02:09 PM

592 posts, read 802,945 times
Sounds like you haven't told him how you really feel. You're holding back emotions and traveling when other men..He probably thinks you're playing games..

Old 04-18-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
He obviously liked you, but as you make it sound you were clearly out of his league or something lol. But the silly thing is, you aren't or else you wouldn't be so into him. Obviously there is something about him that you find so attractive, so what's the problem?
well the problem is that I'd like him to open up first to me. He replied now again on that traveling topic saying that I probably should visit some city (he said what city) but he didn't qualify whether I should do it with him or with someone else. So I'm terribly confused again. I don't know whether he was serious or sacrastic again and it drives me crazy. I just said I won't have time for traveling due to work and that I have noone to visit in that city.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
Sounds like you haven't told him how you really feel. You're holding back emotions and traveling when other men..He probably thinks you're playing games..
he didn't tell me how he felt either. He probably thinks so you're right. But I guess he traveled with some other girls too since November. Or at least hang out with someone. I'm not a nun to stay lone for months waiting for him to take action

Old 04-18-2014, 02:18 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,549,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird13 View Post
but that wasnt a significant traveling. Just a guy that was my friend and I don't know why did he get so angry and sarcasitic when I had to tell him about that guy. Anyway he could at least tell something cause I am soooo broken
If I was interested in a woman and she in me and she was "traveling" with other men I'd think she was pretty free and easy with her body and that would not ellicit trust from me. It can also be an ego bruiser.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:21 PM

592 posts, read 802,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird13 View Post
he didn't tell me how he felt either. He probably thinks so you're right. But I guess he traveled with some other girls too since November. Or at least hang out with someone. I'm not a nun to stay lone for months waiting for him to take action
And you shouldn't wait around. Time is money and he's not being efficient. I think you should put it out there how you feel and force him to open up... If he doesn't, then put serious effort into getting over this.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
If I was interested in a woman and she in me and she was "traveling" with other men I'd think she was pretty free and easy with her body and that would not ellicit trust from me. It can also be an ego bruiser.
What does my body to do with that? He knows I haven't been intimate with those men but he's anyway angry. Looks like I can't even have male friends that I can travel with. Right but if you were interested in a woman would you give her a 4 months break without a warning? I don't think so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships