Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 01:04 PM

599 posts, read 694,091 times

Advertisements

I'm still doing online dating, eventhough it sucks, but that's my only outlet for now. I seem to meet men who are either married or just too busy to date. They say they're single, but they are always busy, either it's the their work schedule or just busy weekends. I just met this one guy online. We had our first meet up at a park after work. We just talked and kept in contact via texting. I had asked him if he was married and he got a bit defensive about it, asking me why I am asking him all these questions, when in fact it was only one simple question. He later apologize and said the reason why he got so defensive was because i past experiences with other women asking him the same question. Silly me, I didn't look at his ring finger. So are there any other signs I could be missing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 01:07 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,447,267 times
Even if he (or she, for that matter) has his ring off, there's probably going to be a dent, or smooth spot where the ring always sits.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:07 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,208,032 times
I'm thinking that being busy nights, weekends, and holidays is always a pretty good sign.

And if he's particular about when you call him, that would be something else.

Finally, offer to drop by his house. If he freaks out, then Bingo.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:10 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,675,708 times
Used to be the wedding ring, but now a ton of people refuse to wear even that. I wish they did. It would really help us single folks out.

Why do some people not wear their wedding ring ever?

As for online dating, yes, there are a lot of married men online pretending to be single (being online is more convenient for them). You were right to straight out ask him if he was married and ignore his defensiveness. The only way you will know for sure is when he takes you to his place and you see it, so try to get that to happen as soon as possible, so you won't waste your time.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:12 PM

52,322 posts, read 52,784,279 times
I think the constantly busy thing might be a give away. I know people have busy lives, but if a guy wants to really see you, he'll lighten up his schedule a bit.

That's my 2 cents on the subject.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:13 PM

48,564 posts, read 34,941,456 times
A pilot that asked me out on OLD would only call late at night, and left his hotel number to call him back. /lol Yeah, I never went out with him, at best his actions were rude, at worst I figured him to be married.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-27-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I'm thinking that being busy nights, weekends, and holidays is always a pretty good sign.

And if he's particular about when you call him, that would be something else.

Finally, offer to drop by his house. If he freaks out, then Bingo.
Thats a great Idea. I would call him, but his phone is always off, it goes straight to voicemail. He says he gets no reception for his cell phone at home or he would have to go outside by his garage and talk to me in order to get good reception.

Basically, I have little to no contact with him during the week. It's frustrating and annoying. How the hell can you get to know someone if they are constantly unavailable. I thought he had potential and could possibly be the one, but I guess I'm wrong.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:19 PM

48,564 posts, read 34,941,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
Thats a great Idea. I would call him, but his phone is always off, it goes straight to voicemail. He says he gets no reception for his cell phone at home or he would have to go outside by his garage and talk to me in order to get good reception.

Basically, I have little to no contact with him during the week. It's frustrating and annoying. How the hell can you get to know someone if they are constantly unavailable. I thought he had potential and could possibly be the one, but I guess I'm wrong.

Even if he's not married, do you really want someone who is like this?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-27-2014, 01:21 PM

52,322 posts, read 52,784,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Even if he's not married, do you really want someone who is like this?
I said it before, if a man wants you, he'll part the ocean to get there.

It sounds like the OP is an after thought to this dude.

Not trying to be mean to the OP.

I think sometimes women need to be a little more selective in who they date. If a guy is really casual about you, he probably "just isn't into you"

Maybe I'm just old fashioned in this sense. I don't know.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I said it before, if a man wants you, he'll part the ocean to get there.

It sounds like the OP is an after thought to this dude.

Not trying to be mean to the OP.

I think sometimes women need to be a little more selective in who they date. If a guy is really casual about you, he probably "just isn't into you"

Maybe I'm just old fashioned in this sense. I don't know.
I'm not offended, I'm just keeping my options open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships