Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 09:34 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times

Advertisements

Just look at them being all photogenic and suave, and meeting many young, virile, independent women and getting into relationships or whatever else they seek within a week of downloading the application...

ffs...

I wish I was like them at this age, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 09:46 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times

Honestly....does it really matter?

Old 04-27-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post

Honestly....does it really matter?
All I'm saying is, I'd like to know what young love is...

...before it becomes impossible and before I am fat, bald, ugly, and impotent.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
All I'm saying is, I'd like to know what young love is...

...before it becomes impossible and before I am fat, bald, ugly, and impotent.
According to a lot it's wonderful while it lasts....but the keyword is "last." A lot of the time it ends badly. Not trying to bash other people's relationships or anything like that. I just call it like I see it. I have never experienced "romantic love" myself but I try not to beat myself up about it. It only makes things worse.

Stop fretting over it. It's not worth the depression. Trust me. Love comes when it comes.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
According to a lot it's wonderful while it lasts....but the keyword is "last." A lot of the time it ends badly. Not trying to bash other people's relationships or anything like that. I just call it like I see it. I have never experienced "romantic love" myself but I try not to beat myself up about it. It only makes things worse.

Stop fretting over it. It's not worth the depression. Trust me. Love comes when it comes.
I want a life full of happy memories, not one full of loneliness and depression. I don't care if it's only wonderful while it lasts, that's a bunch of decades of enjoyment.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
I want a life full of happy memories, not one full of loneliness and depression. I don't care if it's only wonderful while it lasts, that's a bunch of decades of enjoyment.
Being alone can only depress you if YOU allow it to.

I completely understand how you feel. I felt like you at one point. I really wanted a relationship badly after a while I got so frustrated with the failed attempts I had, and just gave up. I decided relationships aren't for me. I still feel like that to this day. Maybe it will happen years down the road, either way I try not to think about it so much. It made me feel awful. I don't like being depressed so now I am trying to find my own happiness.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Being alone can only depress you if YOU allow it to.

I completely understand how you feel. I felt like you at one point. I really wanted a relationship badly after a while I got so frustrated with the failed attempts I had, and just gave up. I decided relationships aren't for me. I still feel like that to this day. Maybe it will happen years down the road, either way I try not to think about it so much. It made me feel awful. I don't like being depressed so now I am trying to find my own happiness.
One of my only wishes in life is to have a happy family.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:04 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
IF you don't adjust your standards your life is going to suck. You need to learn to love and be intimate with women who are not very attractive, just make sure they are nice and good in bed (which they usually are, at least to you).

You just keep lowering until you start getting results, its really that simple, this is not rocket science and a therapist is only going to suck your money up.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:17 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:

One trick to life is enjoying what you do have. You have to find the joy in everyday things. I don't mean to be trite, but you can either look and appreciate the good, or find the bad and wallow in it.

I, along with almost everyone in life, have gone through horrible and life changing events. You can either use them as a catalyst or wallow. When they say that 90% of life (and happiness) is attitude, it's true.

I promise I'm not trivializing what you are going through, or putting on rose colored glasses..... it's always a choice though.

Just as a personal example..... when my first husband died unexpectedly, I remember many instances of laughter, sure it was mixed with tears and a pain I had never felt before, but we still found things to laugh about. I've never hurt like that before, but I had also never felt an appreciation for a number of other things.

If you find you cannot do this on your own, you need to find a way to get a professional to assist you. I'm sorry you feel such pain, but life can be different.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-27-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
IF you don't adjust your standards your life is going to suck. You need to learn to love and be intimate with women who are not very attractive, just make sure they are nice and good in bed (which they usually are, at least to you).

You just keep lowering until you start getting results, its really that simple, this is not rocket science and a therapist is only going to suck your money up.
I swiped right on everyone my age...

Zero.

I got zero replies.

I do live in a smaller city, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships