Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 06:35 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,442,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoji Kaji View Post

Humans can show affection by touch. It's not uncommon for a person to crave this sort of non-sexual touch. This can be done between people who are not dating or married.

Cuddling a relative or someone else you have zero romantic intentions for then sure cuddling is a non sexual touch/act.

However cuddling someone you have anywhere more than a slight romantic interest in, then you better believe its a sexual act. Which is applicable in your case. Personally I've been turned on or aroused a number of times from cuddling.
Thats why cuddling in the friendzone confuses matters.

Last edited by dave nz; 05-01-2014 at 06:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 07:32 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,969,848 times
Cuddling and just friends? That's one of the lamest things I've ever heard.

You're supposed to do that to get your girl hot so you can bang her, then do it after because you're tired out and can't move.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:06 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,931,228 times
Um no.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Um no.

I'm dumbfounded that anyone could feel comfortable being touched by someone they're not intimate with. I hate hugs and I hate when people stand too close to me in line. I'd be very uncomfortable if a girl tried doing this with me.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I'm dumbfounded that anyone could feel comfortable being touched by someone they're not intimate with. I hate hugs and I hate when people stand too close to me in line. I'd be very uncomfortable if a girl tried doing this with me.
I hug a lot, however I don't like guys touching me unless he is a man I'm seeing or want.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I hug a lot, however I don't like guys touching me unless he is a man I'm seeing or want.
Yeah, that's what I meant to say. Someday I'll learn to get my point across better. Thank you :P

Old 05-01-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yeah, that's what I meant to say. Someday I'll learn to get my point across better. Thank you :P
I got it Chile boy.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:47 AM

54 posts, read 105,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
However cuddling someone you have anywhere more than a slight romantic interest in, then you better believe its a sexual act. Which is applicable in your case. Personally I've been turned on or aroused a number of times from cuddling.
I wasn't aroused during. At any point. Definitely not physically, if you know what I mean. Actually, at one point I rolled over and fell back asleep, and while I was completely apart from her then was the only time during her visit that I was actually physically aroused. I'll admit that she theoretically could easily have that effect on me, but it wasn't a problem then and I feel like it wouldn't be a big deal in the future either. I don't have a strong sex drive, so I would be able to control myself if I needed to, and I get the feeling that she wouldn't be too bothered if something like that happened.

ANYWAY, I was chatting with her the other day, and the topic of moving came up. She had been planning on moving back to the area even though she wouldn't be dating her previous boyfriend, but she suggested I apply for a student visa and that I should move to her hometown. I have basically no friends in southeast Michigan anymore (most of them have coincidentally moved and live near her hometown now), and she knows this. She was really into the idea of being roommates. I didn't think it would be realistic for me to get a student visa due to my GPA making a transfer difficult, and I suggested she could immigrate to the States on a student visa and we could live together here. She was also interested in this idea. She was interested in this idea despite that she ALSO doesn't have many friends in the area anymore either now that so many of our mutual friends moved closer to Toronto and she isn't going to be hanging out with her awful ex's friends anymore.

Here's the thing though. Remember before I said that I had had a crush on her roommate? Well, that roommate was actually in an awful situation where she was in love with a guy who didn't feel the same... but they ended up living together as roommates. The situation was toxic for everyone involved, and the toxicity spilled over to affecting friends in the circle as well. So I feel like my Internet friend here knows intimately that it's not a good idea to live with someone where attraction exists. Because of this, maybe she doesn't realize that I think of her as more than a friend, even if my interests in her stop short of actually having a romantic relationship with her. If I were to see her constantly, I could very easily see my interests mutating into something more serious.

I think that I would like living with her regardless though, and even the prospect of leaving my life here to live over there is appealing since I'd be close to my other friends who I've barely seen lately as well. I realize that I'd probably have to have a very awkward, frank talk with her beforehand though. She might be OK with it though, because I know that she's currently maintaining a friendship with another friend who definitely has an unrequited crush thing for her and they're doing relatively OK as friends. Either way, neither of us will be moving any time soon regardless, so we've got a large window before we'll have to cross that bridge.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:25 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,721,201 times
If I had a female "friend" who wanted to cuddle I would assume she was interested in me as more than friends. As if I wanted to cuddle with a female friend, it would be because I was interested in her.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:47 PM

5,207 posts, read 4,682,851 times
I don't know how women feel about men like you but as a man, it's really hard to have respect for your type. You are wishy washy, afraid to be honest with your own feelings, afraid to take what you want, afraid to give up what you can't have. Maybe you can't help it but I can see many women placing you in the friend zone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships