Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 03:21 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
A lot of people will just tell you what they think you wanna hear. Not me...I think it's still very early in your dating relationship with her, so you don't have any power to sway this one way or another. I think there is probably more to it than just friends, there may be some history there. I've also been told the friend lie before. She driving 6 hours to hang out? Really?
My bad, OP said 5hours. I was thinking stopping to buy gas, food, and condoms, Lol

Kidding, OP. Don't get all paranoid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 03:24 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
It could easily be platonic. But even if it isn't, you aren't even really dating yet, let alone exclusively dating. If you want to solidify a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship with her that's something you should openly discuss with her.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:05 AM

887 posts, read 1,100,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I met this girl online and things have been going well and I asked what her schedule was like next weekend and she said she is driving 6 hours to Virginia to see a male friend who she went to college with and is spending the weekend down there

So I am not sure what to make of this and deciding whether or not I should still take her seriously. She shows me interest and calls and send good morning texts so the interest is there but this visit to see a friend doesn't sound right. What do you think ladies? I didn't want to pry too much but all she said was it's a friend she went to college with. Also when I was trying to imply something she sounded like she was about to get annoyed with me so I backed off. But then again I don't want to believe she would be telling me about this trip if she knows I have interest in dating her.
It's truly sexual between us. Other wise we have no connection. Keep working on charming her, I think she likes you, and the sex with me won't be as good anymore. You haven't been seeing her that long....relax

Old 05-03-2014, 08:16 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,726 times
I'd say theres a 10% chance she isn't going to be banging him like a salvation army drum

Old 05-03-2014, 08:58 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
yeah that's a good point, I didn't look at it like that

Reverse psychology?...

Old 05-03-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Not to freak you out ok, but my suggestion is to keep busy and don't let it drive you crazy, because the truth is you will never know the truth. I had a girlfriend that told me the exact same thing that the guy was a friend but found out she was sleeping with him.
My ex-wife told me she had it in het mind to cheat on me when she had met with an old boyfriend over coffee but nothing happened and that they were just friends...Found out later that that was half truth and half lie just to allaymy concerns...She actually did sleep with him...the truth eventually came out...But one should not put claims on a woman until he puts a ring on the finger...dating is dating...engagement/marriage is different...

Old 05-03-2014, 09:06 AM

231 posts, read 264,643 times
Quote:
I met this girl online and things have been going well and I asked what her schedule was like next weekend and she said she is driving 6 hours to Virginia to see a male friend who she went to college with and is spending the weekend down there

So I am not sure what to make of this and deciding whether or not I should still take her seriously. She shows me interest and calls and send good morning texts so the interest is there but this visit to see a friend doesn't sound right. What do you think ladies? I didn't want to pry too much but all she said was it's a friend she went to college with. Also when I was trying to imply something she sounded like she was about to get annoyed with me so I backed off. But then again I don't want to believe she would be telling me about this trip if she knows I have interest in dating her.

stop obsessing already! you've been with her 3 times and now you are debating if it's ok she sees her friend???? do her a favor and stop talking to her

Old 05-03-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
It's truly sexual between us. Other wise we have no connection. Keep working on charming her, I think she likes you, and the sex with me won't be as good anymore. You haven't been seeing her that long....relax
That's cold-blooded, man...

Old 05-03-2014, 09:44 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
You've been on three dates and already you are going steady? She is wearing your class ring? You have mutually agreed to be exclusive?

In that case, you have the right to ask her a few more polite questions about the friend she is seeing. Otherwise, it really isn't any of your business.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:50 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
If you have a question, ask. Do not 'drop hints'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships