Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 08:27 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,775,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton Melliman View Post
What is "oneitis"?? And what does it have to do with my situation???
Basically, it means being absolutely head over heels for a girl as if shes "the one" and is "perfect" etc. etc. Typically, its a girl that a guy can't get/isn't sleeping with (ie. she may not be that interested in the guy if at all interested). He constantly thinks of her etc. and his judgement is clouded because of his infatuation for her yet shes really just another girl.

That is why you see guys on here talking about never putting your eggs in one basket, always be talking to multiple girls, it helps keep your emotions and expectations grounded since you have options, and you realize this girl ain't so different from many others...

OP:

The person who replied wanted you to look up the definition on the internet, which is exactly what I did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 08:35 PM

30 posts, read 22,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Basically, it means being absolutely head over heels for a girl as if shes "the one" and is "perfect" etc. etc. Typically, its a girl that a guy can't get/isn't sleeping with (ie. she may not be that interested in the guy if at all interested). He constantly thinks of her etc. and his judgement is clouded because of his infatuation for her yet shes really just another girl.

That is why you see guys on here talking about never putting your eggs in one basket, always be talking to multiple girls, it helps keep your emotions and expectations grounded since you have options, and you realize this girl ain't so different from many others...

OP:

The person who replied wanted you to look up the definition on the internet, which is exactly what I did.
Thank you for the explanation!

Old 05-19-2014, 08:42 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,738,207 times
Wow was it really that serious?

I am not trying to be mean either. Based on this, it seems you have very limited dating experience if you like a woman you haven't really gotten to know or been out with. This kind of thing happens ALL the time. It's just a part of life. You will come across a lot of people you will find attractive and a lot of the time you will walk out of eachother's lives. It's just another one of things life throws at us. It is best not to get so....attached.

The older you get, and the more you experience, this type of thing will roll off your back. Don't worry about it. You're young. I am only a year older than you, and I used to fall extremely hard for guys I didn't even know when I was a teenager. The last time I liked anyone, was when I was 17. I don't worry about it as much as I used to.

Old 05-20-2014, 02:19 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,432,105 times
Quote:
I am still curious to know what you WERE referring to by your previous statement!
It was a snide attacking and judgemental comment suggesting such a person is out of your league and beyond your capability to interest romantically. At least how I read it. Likely why she does not have the decency to come back and clarify it.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
It was a snide attacking and judgemental comment suggesting such a person is out of your league and beyond your capability to interest romantically. At least how I read it. Likely why she does not have the decency to come back and clarify it.
Sadly this is most likely true.....

It is a shame that some people would be some presumptuous and judgmental!

Old 05-20-2014, 08:08 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,328,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
It was a statement made in reference to the original poster's inability to understand what the phrase means which in turn shows his lack of maturity and life experience.

Quote:
Sadly this is most likely true.....

It is a shame that some people would be some presumptuous and judgmental!
It really is not a judgement, it is a statement of fact gathered from the words you have written about yourself.
You have shown in this thread that you are not emotionally mature enough with enough life experience to be dating a woman so much older than you are.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I
You have shown in this thread that you are not emotionally mature enough with enough life experience to be dating a woman so much older than you are.
This I disagree with.

The reason I came across as "not emotionally mature", is because this event happened after a very long and trying week.

Seeing this lady has always lifted my spirit in a positive way. She is one of the only women that I have ever felt I could see myself in a relationship with. To hear that she was taken brought on depression because it was the straw that broke the camels back after the kind of week that I had been through.

I felt that if she had not been taken there would have been at least a chance. Now there is nothing left to hope for, wish for, dream about........

I only wish I had been as lucky as the one who is blessed with her companionship.

That sort of inspiration is not easily found....

Old 05-20-2014, 09:35 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,771,101 times
Quote:
This I disagree with.

I felt that if she had not been taken there would have been at least a chance. Now there is nothing left to hope for, wish for, dream about........
Why do you think that? No where have you indicated she showed signs of being interested in you. You have neglected to mention anything except for your own one-sided feelings and desires.

It's all about you, you, you. Just go back and read what you have written and you will see the self-centeredness you exude.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Why do you think that? No where have you indicated she showed signs of being interested in you.

Yes; but I could still hope and dream about the possibilities......:

Now I feel as though there is no possibility of any future with this women unless she ends her current relationship.

Whether or not that will happen; I don't know.

Just another door closed in my life.....

Old 05-21-2014, 01:07 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,328,467 times
Quote:
This I disagree with.

The reason I came across as "not emotionally mature", is because this event happened after a very long and trying week.

Seeing this lady has always lifted my spirit in a positive way. She is one of the only women that I have ever felt I could see myself in a relationship with. To hear that she was taken brought on depression because it was the straw that broke the camels back after the kind of week that I had been through.

I only wish I had been as lucky as the one who is blessed with her companionship.

That sort of inspiration is not easily found....

Many emotionally mature people sit down after a very long and trying week and have a couple beers (or whatever they drink). They do not get depressed over a woman they have had a one sided crush on.

If there had been a chance she would have let you know early that she was interested so all you were going on is "your dreams" that she would be yours one day. I have a feeling she is not the type to let something she wants pass her by, she like numerous other women of all ages actually speak up, go for the men they want and don't wait for those men to take the first step. I have found more experienced women do this than those without the same number years of experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships