Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:56 AM

768 posts, read 2,100,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
i read somewhere that it is NOT good to use soap on genitals. what does everyone think?
Did the article specify male or female genitals? Because my original reaction is , but then I wonder if there was an explanation or a little more info given? I'm thinking of the completely external male package and wondering what could be an issue about that? Or did they mean the antibacterial soap instead of just soap? I can see where someone could say that getting soapsuds in the labial folds and not getting them out would be irritating to the skin, but to not wash at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 08:05 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,645,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyDayNow View Post
Did the article specify male or female genitals? Because my original reaction is , but then I wonder if there was an explanation or a little more info given? I'm thinking of the completely external male package and wondering what could be an issue about that? Or did they mean the antibacterial soap instead of just soap? I can see where someone could say that getting soapsuds in the labial folds and not getting them out would be irritating to the skin, but to not wash at all?
it was specific to washing female genitals. no soap at all, just water water water. i don't think they meant to say that you shouldnt clean the hairy area w/out soap but no soap on the other parts. and definitely no douching! douching screws up the ph balance and sets you up for problems (unless again it is with only water?)

Old 12-14-2007, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
When a man tells a woman, "he wants her body natural," what do you think he means? I have read that to some men natural smells/odors/scents from the body, including the anus and vagina, can be an APHRODISIAC that will help them achieve the ultimate Utopia. Any comments?
Rubies77, is this something that a man has told you? It's okay to ask him to clarify if it is something he's hoping for and has expressed to you.

As far as men achieving the ultimate Utopia, I'm thinking of the common utopia and that that isn't usually a problem for a guy.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:09 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
it was specific to washing female genitals. no soap at all, just water water water. i don't think they meant to say that you shouldnt clean the hairy area w/out soap but no soap on the other parts. and definitely no douching! douching screws up the ph balance and sets you up for problems (unless again it is with only water?)
LOL, oh my goodness, are we really having this conversation!! LMAO

if you do not use soap inside the area or some kind of soap like product, you WILL smell. I don't understand how you could not clean inside of there. Water is not gonna do it I can understand the douching, you don't need that. Maybe medicineman's lady friend only used water to clean herself

Old 12-14-2007, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Okay, female genitals I agree with. I confess that I tend to forget about that when I'm in the shower, but I have read that and it does make sense. The douching upsetting the vagina's ph balance I agree with, too, unless it's plain water.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:15 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
This is getting too graphic!!!

PS: if you don't warsh, it will smell funky. End of story

Old 12-14-2007, 08:36 AM

still, i dont know if i agree that if you dont use soap on genitals that you will smell. i do believe that hair has the definite potential of trapping odor but not the "other parts".
another thing i remember reading long ago (every time i try to google it now i come up with nada!) is that some cultures (may be the japanese? and some others) do not use soap when washing their bodies (just water) and they do not smell at all. so, (since im the adventurous type) i tried this and lasted about a week (?) before i gave in and started using soap again.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:01 AM

672 posts, read 2,125,480 times
Quote:
but seriously, i read that plain water (no soap) is the best way!
try it!!!

I'll bet we could all just use plain water, and put vicks salve on our upper lip, and we wouldn't stink.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis58 View Post
I'll bet we could all just use plain water, and put vicks salve on our upper lip, and we wouldn't stink.
chuckles!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:25 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Nobody's even mentioned body wash!!! I don't use soap. I use Olay Intense Moisture Body Wash. Works great! It actually works better than Yaya brand!!!

Oh yeah, and I can't even believe we are discussing this either!

BTW, where did the aphrodisiac part of this conversation come in???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships