Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 04:49 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Why are you bringing this up on the internet instead of bringing it up with the guy you're talking about. There's no reason why you should be a turtle stuck on its back. You're an adult. Communicate.
Amen. If you want kissing, sex, etc, tell him.

Also, guys are clueless. Don't hint. Tell him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 05:16 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
This situation gives me a headache. Sounds like he's not the type to rush into an intimate relationship due to his personality.

He's going to make a lousy FWB. Maybe a good BF, but you have too many incompatible issues to be a good GF.

You heed to find a clean but disposable boy toy at your local pool or boatyard and make use of him, instead.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:56 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Do you feel like you really have chemistry??

As I read this, it feels to me like he is trying to talk himself into it. If you REALLY had chemistry he would be on you more legitimately.
Agreed. Unless he's a virgin and doesn't know what to do.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:00 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I haven't let him know that I'm looking for an FWB, he just knows I'm not really looking for a relationship(then again he has said that he doesn't believe me). He knows I'm sexually frustrated and that I eventually want to have sex, but he doesn't know I'm considering the FWB route. At this point he just thinks were "talking" or going on dates, he doesn't know that I'm trying to get a gauge on whether or not he would be a good FWB.

As I already told someone else in another thread, it's tacky to me, to just tell a guy I'm looking for an FWB and ask him to be one, whether than go with the natural flow of things and let nature take it's course so I have not told him that I wanted him to be an FWB.

And in all honesty until we kiss, I don't know if I want him to be an FWB, because I don't know what our chemistry is. That is another reason why I want to kiss, to see if we even have any potential or sexual chemistry in the first place. I mean we're attracted to each other, and get along good, but we haven't really done anything physical yet.

Why do you just want a FWB?
I think you should tell him that is all you want. He seems more like the relationship type of man especially since he is taking his time to make a move on you. I don't think you are being fair to him as he is probably thinking the two of you are heading towards a monogamous long term relationship.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What's with the threads with women bitching about men moving too slowly.... it's like your damned if you do and damned if you don't from a male perspective...
I find it amusing that its the same people who create thread after thread about all their dating problems. How could somebody have this many issues? Or be this bad at picking mates? At some point you got to start looking in the mirror.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
Find someone else.

You've already called him weird, haven't disclosed what type of relationship you want with him AND complain about him not making moves.

Either let him know you're only interested in FWB situation and be prepared to make the first move (is it really that hard? If so, get over yourself) or just stick to being friends and find another hookup that won't cost you a friend if things go south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
If you don't know, don't do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Definitely... I'm getting the sense of a little needless drama on the OP's part........
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Drama drama drama

OP:

Do you really want to be a drama queen? The damsel in distress?

If so, then.... stop

Old 06-15-2014, 02:09 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
This is the same story, different day.

The problem, faith, is that you dont know what YOU want.

Remember when you used to post about how guys wouldn't wait the period of time you required to have sex?? Then about a minute later you changed your mind and decided you wanted a FWB, even though those never work out?

Forget this guy. I dont think he's really into you. You might be horny for quite a while longer than you want, but that's life sometimes.

Be a mom to your baby, live an interesting life, and meet a guy who wants what you want and has more guts than someone who only sends you vulgar texts. Actions speak louder than words.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:28 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Agreed. Unless he's a virgin and doesn't know what to do.
So then why does he keep inviting me to go out and why did he ask me out several times despite me rejecting him each time. I'm not the one initiating the dates. If he doesn't feel chemistry I don't get why he would continue to waste time and money on someone that he isn't attracted to sexually?

Anyway I did send him a text late last night asking him why he hadn't kissed me. He told me that I act weird when he touches me and that I talk a lot but don't make moves or act interested. He then went on to say that he likes to take things slow anyway and get to know a girl before he gets physical with her.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:33 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post

He then went on to say that he likes to take things slow anyway and get to know a girl before he gets physical with her.
Just like you used to say you wanted to do, too.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:52 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
This is the same story, different day.

The problem, faith, is that you dont know what YOU want.

Remember when you used to post about how guys wouldn't wait the period of time you required to have sex?? Then about a minute later you changed your mind and decided you wanted a FWB, even though those never work out?

Forget this guy. I dont think he's really into you. You might be horny for quite a while longer than you want, but that's life sometimes.

Be a mom to your baby, live an interesting life, and meet a guy who wants what you want and has more guts than someone who only sends you vulgar texts. Actions speak louder than words.
I know what I want. It's not a crime to change your mind about what you want because of where you are in life. Life is about evolving, things change, people change, perspectives change. At one point in time I wasn't looking for a relationship but was open to one. And that is around the time when I joined citydata and was dating but would not have sex without commitment. I struggled with being able to meet expectations with the men I was dating since I wasn't able to go out as often, and I know from past experience that relationships are a lot of work so I was turned off by that along with the dynamics that I've observed between men and women. But recently I realized that I really want and a causal companionship which is why I wanted an fwb or something similar. I know that they don't work out, but like I said I'm not looking for anything serious anyway soooo...

I thought he was into me but the consensus on this thread seems to be that he isn't and that's why he hasn't made a move. I can understand that objectively. But what I don't get is if he isn't into me why is he wasting time and spending money on me with these dates and continuing to ask me out. Actions do speak louder than words, so why want to spend time with someone, and keep asking them out, texting them frequently through out the week, etc if not interested? Beyond the kissing I never got the feeling that he wasn't attracted to me. if anything I always got the feeling that he was very attracted based on how he looked at me and other non verbal cues. But if what you are saying is true then yes I will move on, but not before I see him face to face on Tuesday to talk in person about the disconnect between us.

And I am a mom to my son. I go out with this guy once a week. The implication that I'm not being a mom to my son is a bit insulting but I will leave that alone. Anyway I appreciate your feedback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships