Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2007, 12:13 PM

134 posts, read 370,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
I confess I did not read every post on here - just a few but I got the impression the wife (sorry I keep forgetting the OP's name when I "reply") wants to make this marriage work. Would prefer to see what brought it on, why, when, etc. and not break up their otherwise good marriage from before.
You're right I am not ready to abandon my life and my marriage over one email. I am still in a stat of hurt, confusion and shock. I don't know what will happen, but I am not discussing anything like that over an email. If it is that important to him he can be a man and tell me when he comes home in January. And if that's what he really wants, he can have it. I am (not to sound conceited) a very smart, independent, vivacious, not to mention BEAUTIFUL woman, who REFUSES to sit around and cry over spilled mile and beg him or force him into something he is sure he doesn't want. But for the sake of love and the commitment I made to him God and our families, it's worth a try....I can't just say, "Well, oh well he sent the email now we're done." Nope. I do plan on talking with him and if he thinks the grass is greener the he can mmoooooovvvveee on to the other side....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
That may be a good plan for your personal emotional balance, but keep in mind that he is corresponding with the other woman, and your absence puts you farther in the background while she is right there in his mind every day when he reads her email.
That may be the case but If his wife of 5 years and mother of his child is gone from his mind, the sanctity of this marriage gone....so be it....I refuse to beg. I deserve more than that. I am also not going to ask him questions or consistently discuss it on email. Thats just like picking away at the same wound. If I want to slap him I cant...well that may be extreme but...I can't...so I can wait.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:31 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondD View Post
Blessings to you during this very hard time you are going through. It sounds like you have a relationship with your Higher Power, so just keep turning there for both comfort and answers. I have found it helpful not just to ask/demand the "why me" but also the "What is going on here" and "how do I take care of myself in this situation."

Lean on the people who know you and love you (friends, family, people you trust who have your best interests at heart) for comfort during this time. You can't change someone's mind about anything, and if he is ever gong to find his way back to you and his marriage, he is going to do it on his own, not through anyone forcing him. The main thing for you is to take really good care of yourself at this time, keep the focus on yourself, and how to take care of your own well-being.
DiamondD - great post.

To the OP, I'm sorry to hear this and I have to agree with Diamond on this one. If he's going to come back to you, he'll have to do it on his own, not because someone forced him to. I know it's hard, but you know what, at least he came clean about it. I understand it hurts but it would hurt a whole lot more had he come home and carried on this affair behind your back.

As you stated before, you DO NOT need to beg. You DO NOT need to make him feel guilty - he will be held accountable for his actions. Quite frankly, the grass always "LOOKS" greener on the other side but tends to actually be "diseased".

Get busy focusing on YOU and your child. Start creating a new life for yourself, this way by the time he comes home, YOU will be in the "drivers' seat"

Old 12-19-2007, 02:53 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcwilliams View Post
If and/or when there is a divorce I don't need to use anything against him. He has already admitted to that and we live in a community property state. I don't need alimony, I wouldn't want it. The only thing that would need to be set up is child support and custody and even that wouldn't be an issue..
think again about the "i don't need alimony".... i took that route out of my pride and dignity and fierce determination....and even though people advised otherwise i ignored them.... and it cost me big time. 15 years later still regret that particular course of action. Child support no where near covers expenses of raising a kid. Even when alimony is collected, it doesn't near address a wife and mother's contribution to a marriage. If you are entitled to something legally, even if you think now you don't need it or want it please think again. For your security, for your future, for your education, for your family, for your home, for your children, for any of that. It is not an act of meanness or vindictiveness to collect alimony.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:00 PM

165 posts, read 662,209 times
Quote:
think again about the "i don't need alimony".... i took that route out of my pride and dignity and fierce determination....and even though people advised otherwise i ignored them.... and it cost me big time. 15 years later still regret that particular course of action. Child support no where near covers expenses of raising a kid. Even when alimony is collected, it doesn't near address a wife and mother's contribution to a marriage. If you are entitled to something legally, even if you think now you don't need it or want it please think again. For your security, for your future, for your education, for your family, for your home, for your children, for any of that. It is not an act of meanness or vindictiveness to collect alimony.
Bravo. Sound advice.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:07 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Article about alimony in Louisiana (state given as OP's location):

http://www.la-legal.com/modules/article/view.article.php?10/c4 (broken link)

Old 12-19-2007, 03:18 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
You're right I am not ready to abandon my life and my marriage over one email. I am still in a stat of hurt, confusion and shock. I don't know what will happen, but I am not discussing anything like that over an email. If it is that important to him he can be a man and tell me when he comes home in January. And if that's what he really wants, he can have it. I am (not to sound conceited) a very smart, independent, vivacious, not to mention BEAUTIFUL woman, who REFUSES to sit around and cry over spilled mile and beg him or force him into something he is sure he doesn't want. But for the sake of love and the commitment I made to him God and our families, it's worth a try....I can't just say, "Well, oh well he sent the email now we're done." Nope. I do plan on talking with him and if he thinks the grass is greener the he can mmoooooovvvveee on to the other side....
You go girl, you keep remembering these things about yourself. His transgressions are not a reflection on you, they are his own bad behavior.

Stay strong.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:51 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Quote:
I don't think you should "beg" either, but I do think you should contend for your marriage, mainly contend in prayer where it makes the most difference. I am praying for both of you that God will wake him up and give him a change of heart.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:08 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Overall it needs to be done in person. I have broken up with a date via email- lol- but not the husband!.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:35 AM

Default Really Don't need it.

Quote:
Well as far as alimony goes..If I really felt like I needed it or would need it then I would be signing up for it trust me, I know how hard it can get to be a single mother. Thank goodness I was able to finish my B.S and will be starting on my masters next semester. Little does he know, I will be making 4 times more than he does starting in February, so he needs it. When we first got married we always talked about children and from day one we started putting money away for future children into a cd so that the money could be saved and mature over time. Those child support payments can be direct deposited right into it. But he will be held accountable for our son.

Last edited by cmcwilliams; 12-20-2007 at 08:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships