Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 08:50 PM

116 posts, read 108,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Average/plain women get turned down as often as their male counterparts. Most people are looking for a certain type, and most people are not each other's type. So lots of people get turned down, it's normal. What's odd is that many C-D men don't recognize that there are plenty of women out there who get turned down, and don't get approached, or only rarely get approached. They're oddly invested in a mythology that says women have men lining up to date them.
Just look at dating websites.

Likelihood Of Getting A Response In Online Dating: Men Vs. Women - Business Insider

Women have to weed out spam because they get messages so much. Men have to make sure their internet connection isn't broken when they check their inbox and see no responses.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:51 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,925 times
Quote:
So now it's into the "fat" issue? I'm not talking about overweight women. I'm talking about slim or height-weight proportionate women with average to plain looks. There are lots of women out there who fit that description.
Nah, if they are HWP then they're going to be like a 7 or 8 at least. Edit: that is to say, the average woman is a 7 or 8 in terms of the degree of sexual attraction that most men feel toward them.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:55 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khohf View Post
Really?

Is it more clear now?
It's clear to me that you seemingly overlooked the discussion and thought she was placing it entirely on guys rather than showing an example of how guys also have a choice and can be decision makers which other users dispute portraying it as if it's gals are the only decision makers.

Quite telling that you quote her response which was her agreement to my post that ' hetero dating as a mutual decision with gals choosing who they don't date by rejection and guys choosing who they don't date by who they do not approach.'

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Nah, if they are HWP then they're going to be like a 7 or 8 at least. Edit: that is to say, the average woman is a 7 or 8 in terms of the degree of sexual attraction that most men feel toward them.
For real? A woman being HWP puts her in the 7 or 8 range? That's news to me. I've come across women who were of average build or smaller build that were otherwise plain looking or average looks. And the same is true for men.

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Since women rarely go after anything and wait to be sought, they are also at fault.
You won't get any argument from me that women should do some of the approaching. But some women do. Some of the guys here say they're not interested in any of the women who approach them. And some women are more subtle in how they approach. Men may not recognize it as an approach, but women will get the ball rolling, if they're interested in a guy. Other women are like some of the guys: too shy to approach. Or the believe the guy should do that, they test guys that way. It's a very mixed bag, but it would be inaccurate to say women in general don't approach men.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:01 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
You're dreaming. I know a lot of HWP/slim women who went through college without getting noticed at all. What determines sexual attraction is a pretty face and/or curves. That's pretty much what it boils down to.

13,656 posts, read 9,717,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
If you're feeling depressed about your options it may be suited to look at being single as the better lifestyle.

I highly doubt at your age you'll be meeting the right guy and getting married unless you change your view on older guys who are unattractive/overweight. Likely the guys your age are interested in (much) younger gals and the guys of your status- professional with a six figure income- are interested in (much) younger attractive gals.

I'm not experiencing the same issues as I quite enjoy my dating prospects however I am alone. It may be suited to not see being alone as something to deal with but something to embrace and enjoy.
If the OP wishes to have children, the permanently single life isn't a viable option, and her time-horizon is somewhat constrained. If children aren't a strong priority, her options and her time-horizon broaden considerably.

I emphatically disagree that "guys her age are only interested in much younger gals", at least if their objective is a serious relationship. A 4-7 year gap might be ideal, but things become problematic beyond 10 years or so, modulo the proverbial "all else being equal". In other words, the OP should have good prospects among men aged 40-43, or thereabouts. And there are many such available men, many of whom make comfortably into the 6-figures. The problem is meeting them. The problem is how to place oneself in social situations where such men would take notice and would have occasion to make contact, without excessive risk or discomfort.

To reiterate, the OP's problem isn't one of ridiculous criteria or a mismanaged life. Her problem is a societal problem: we simply don't have reliable and accessible schemes for meeting one another.

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
For real? A woman being HWP puts her in the 7 or 8 range? That's news to me. I've come across women who were of average build or smaller build that were otherwise plain looking or average looks. And the same is true for men.
I wouldn't agree with that, if you're not HWP you're definitely going to be less than a 4 for most people, and if you are HWP you have a huge advantage.

Yes, if you rate face and body separately, that is a thing, but different people are going to have different preferences on the face. As far as body the key is to be HWP. Even better than HWP is specifically "toned" and to what degree. Jillian Michaels is easily a 10 from the neck down, maybe an 8 on the face. But any woman who exercises often enough to look like Jillian Michaels from the neck down is not going to be a 1 in the eyes of the vast majority of men. Same goes for men needing to stay in shape.

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
You won't get any argument from me that women should do some of the approaching. But some women do. Some of the guys here say they're not interested in any of the women who approach them. And some women are more subtle in how they approach. Men may not recognize it as an approach, but women will get the ball rolling, if they're interested in a guy. Other women are like some of the guys: too shy to approach. Or the believe the guy should do that, they test guys that way. It's a very mixed bag, but it would be inaccurate to say women in general don't approach men.
Indeed. It's true there are a lot of women who don't approach or see it as something the guy is supposed to do. But not all women practice this method. I was never one to shy away from initiating contact if I was interested in someone.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:05 PM

814 posts, read 760,393 times
Quote:
Is that the camera used to photograph bigfoot and the loch ness monster? I thought blurry pictures were only for alien conspiracies and such
Most of them won't load, I keep getting this message

The Dimension limits for this filetype are 3000 x 2000. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 1557 x 2230.

This is the only other one I can get on here. Click image for larger version

Name:	1421277_1429246003958798_1424235858_o.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	132086
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships