Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:45 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,213,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
If you don't think she's attactive, then what is? Looks wise she's the perfect women, as far as face and body.
I don't personally find enormous butts attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 09:46 AM

217 posts, read 146,806 times
I rate this thread a 3.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:48 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,422,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
One thing that's pretty common on this and similar forums is seeing guys who rate women on a 1-10 scale. Now, I can understand rating someone's looks in this way, although even that's kind of silly since we don't all agree on who's attractive and who isn't. But how do you rate the overall person as a 6 versus a 4? I read one post recently where the person said a woman who was a 6 shouldn't be holding for a guy who's an 8 or 9. Again, what does this even mean? I personally don't think of people in terms of whether they're a 5 or a 2 or a 10. I look at the whole person and decide if they have the qualities I'm looking for. IMO, anyone who reduces people down to such simplistic terms probably isn't cut out for dating. For one, they probably don't know how to assign a score to themselves. And even if they did, they'd probably never be happy with someone because they'd always be looking for a 10.
Totally agree. I was always taught to myself before I judge others.

And, I really dislike the notion of reducing people down to numbers and statistics. We're human, not lab animals. Better yet, someone's 10 could be someone's 3 but in the end, do the numbers really matter?

It's how a person makes us feel, and vice versa, something more visceral and cerebral than artificial and superficial.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:49 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,742,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
A really nice body can bump a 3-4 face up a couple digits in rating.
Understandable. Makeup helps too. I think women cannot attain 9 or 10 status without it. Even Kim Kardashian (not my bag or my husband's, but she is a renowned hottie) is just a pretty girl without it.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:52 AM

74 posts, read 125,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Why do things so common in everyday life baffle so many on here?
Because rating somebody on a 1-10 scale is stupid. We all have different tastes. I know many men have rated me a 9 or even a 10, but I just think that's silly, pointless. I don't base my dating life on a stupid number scale. I've dated guys my friends considered 2 or 3. And I fell in love with one and we were together for 2 years. All the guys my friends considered 8 or 9 have been losers. Besides just because you find someone attractive, doesn't mean everyone will.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:01 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,961,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay Dee Forester View Post
Because rating somebody on a 1-10 scale is stupid. We all have different tastes. I know many men have rated me a 9 or even a 10, but I just think that's silly, pointless. I don't base my dating life on a stupid number scale. I've dated guys my friends considered 2 or 3. And I fell in love with one and we were together for 2 years. All the guys my friends considered 8 or 9 have been losers. Besides just because you find someone attractive, doesn't mean everyone will.
It's about looks and has nothing to do with who is a loser and who you fall in love with.

I go back to what I said earlier. How do things that are so common in our everyday life baffle so many on these forums?

Old 06-30-2014, 10:02 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,800,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Justin Bieber is hot? :shudder: He looks like a little boy. No thanks. Tom Hardy, please.
The women in my circle don't find him attractive, and it boggles my mind. Part of this is their inability to disassociate the character from the person, but even then...c'mon.

"He's too skinny" (nemesis)
"He's too big" (dark knight rises)
"He's short"

Those first two make me facepalm so hard when I hear them, considering that he's pretty much smack in the middle from day-to-day.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:06 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,164,691 times
Quote:
It's about looks and has nothing to do with who is a loser and who you fall in love with.

I go back to what I said earlier. How do things that are so common in our everyday life baffle so many on these forums?
The rating thing is, in my experience, only really common among young men, and no other group. I don't usually hear middle aged guys talking about the nine blonde or the eight redhead at the end of the bar.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:07 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,213,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
This is the best chart I've seen of body types for men. (The site is down for maintenance, so I linked the googleimage.)

This one is less good, but has men and women. They skipped my favorite lady-type, though -- strong and with some fat over the muscle (but not a powerlifter.) Like the average-sized woman they call 'chubby', but with more muscle.
thank you for teaching me 'ottermode'.
You probably realize this, for those that don't, "athletic" men according those scales is very rare in real life, and exists primarily in photoshopped interweb pics, just like "10" bikini model women. Most professional athletes will fall into the builtfat (baseball, football,, hockey), strongfat (football), or ottermode (basketball, soccer) categories depending upon sport.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:08 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,998,190 times
Quote:
I don't think that's exactly the point...

It's just a funny picture to kind of explain it, most likely made by a suburban white 17 year old boy.

It's not like this is some government document explaining the attraction levels of every person out there. No need to make the picture more than what it is.
Only on CD can someone take a random photo from the internet meant for humor and spin it into a racial issue.

Well, maybe not only on CD...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships