Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 06:51 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,043,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Honest question ladies, becuase I see this hypocrisy in thinking all the time between genders on the subject and I am genuinely curious why there is the divide in thinking.

Would You be ok if your man was telling you he didn't care what you felt about the women who came on to him and that no matter what he would stay in contact with them, allow them to undermine you, talk over your relationship and share perosnal information through social media....or would you sit idle and never bat and eyelash?

On a side note: I would love to hear the other side of the OP to see how she views the situation in her own words.
I don't think this situation is okay, but I also don't think it's the OP's to handle with the guy. I think the worst thing he could have done is spoken to the guy, as if there was some sort of pissing match going on.

I think she likes the attention, is playing some sort of game to feed her ego, and it is disrespectful to their relationship. Like snugglegirl said, how is what the OP's GF is doing strengthening their relationship? It's not. She's doing things that are weakening it, and I'm not okay with either gender doing that to the other.

But the OP's issue is with HER, not the coworker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 07:06 AM

113 posts, read 111,564 times
Quote:
Honest question ladies, becuase I see this hypocrisy in thinking all the time between genders on the subject and I am genuinely curious why there is the divide in thinking.

Would You be ok if your man was telling you he didn't care what you felt about the women who came on to him and that no matter what he would stay in contact with them, allow them to undermine you, talk over your relationship and share perosnal information through social media....or would you sit idle and never bat and eyelash?

On a side note: I would love to hear the other side of the OP to see how she views the situation in her own words.
The guy would be called a disrespectful insensitive dog and the girlfriend would be unanimously advised to dump the loser for not respecting her.

Internet hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:52 AM

792 posts, read 635,310 times
Quote:

I thought I said what she thought.. She said "he's nice enough to me, I don't have any reason to ignore him"

Old 07-17-2014, 12:59 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I'm surprised you are not history. Most women don't want to be controlled or owned by a mere boyfriend. There is no place in a relationship for jealousy, at least not if you want the relationship to last. Most people learn that before they get out of high school. She gave him her phone number for a reason, so he could contact her. Telling him on the phone to back off because she is your girlfriend is not smart, you do not own her. You need to grow up.
Regarding the bolded part in pink...

The guy is her co-worker. They are co-workers. That is all. Why the need to give a co-worker your personal phone number for him to call you after work? To me, there is no need for that. They can speak at work. There is no need for any co-worker to call you after work.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Honest question ladies, because I see this hypocrisy in thinking all the time between genders on the subject and I am genuinely curious why there is the divide in thinking.

Would You be ok if your man was telling you he didn't care how you felt about the women who came on to him and that no matter what he would stay in contact with them, allow them to undermine you, talk over your relationship and share personal information through social media....or would you sit idle and never bat and eyelash?

Absolutely not. Both would know that I do not tolerate that.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
OP I can definitely understand where you're coming from, but I do think the confrontational approach can put some girls off. I think some might be into it, but when you try to handle your gf's affairs for her and tell the other guy to back off, you come off as possessive... and you both end up looking like dogs fighting over a piece of meat.

She needs to deal with this situation herself and you need to support her handling of it... but she should also know that she does need to deal with it or it's just going to keep going on and on, and probably end up getting worse.

Maybe this has been said-- it probably has. I didn't want to read the whole thread.
Question...

What is the next step for the OP if she does not deal with the situation or if her co-worker does not respect her wishes?

Old 07-17-2014, 01:06 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
My girlfriend is, at least I think, attractive by most standards. Now there's this guy who works with her who will just not leave her alone. In my opinion, he's obnoxious and annoying, and she did agree with me on that. However, she gave him her number and snapchat and always responds when he contacts her, and has conversations with him, and whenever she does some social outing with coworkers he always makes sure to come along even if he originally didn't plan to.

I believe her that she doesn't like him either as a friend or as more than friends. But she gets mad when I tell her not to talk to him, even though she says he's annoying! Her response: "He's nice enough, and he hasn't given me a reason to ignore him." She's shown me their conversations; he always has to say something about how much of a dbag I am, even though he barely knows me. (Now, I did do a little passive-aggressive stuff when I met him before, just some harsh looks and ignoring him when he talked) When I talked to him in private over the phone, I told him to back off, that my girlfriend is just that, my girlfriend, and that she has no interest in him whatsoever.

But when I told her what I did, she still got mad at me! She said "I don't want him to think I'm a [female dog]!" to which I replied, "well I don't want him thinking he has a chance with you". I don't want this guy to ruin our relationship, and before you tell me I'm an idiot for thinking that my gf doesn't like him, my girlfriend has flat out rejected his attempts at asking her out. Maybe I have jealousy issues? I just don't understand why she keeps talking to him.
Apparantly he is not that annoying or she would not have given him her numbers.
She keeps talking to him because she wants to and if he really was that bad at work and harassing her she could legally file a sexual harrassment law suit or at the very least go to management and ask them to have a talk with him about crossing boundry lines.

It appears you are the only one with the issue because your girlfriend has yet to cut off contact with this guy.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:52 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,673,604 times
NYRhockeyfan: You have to decide what you want to do. There alot of advice on here. Make a decision, otherwise, this will just keep bothering you. You're not going to be able to change your girlfriend and she doesn't see anything wrong with carrying on with this co-worker than maybe this isn't the relationship got you.

Find someone a little more mature and aware that wants to be in a relationship - you stated #53 she said, He's nice enough to me, I don't have any reason to ignore him. Ok listen to that with both ears, that is how it's going to be if you continue on with this mess.

You two are not on the same page, you're having two diff. relationships. It's important to be true to yourself, and in this you're not.

~ Blessings

Old 07-17-2014, 04:53 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,673,604 times
NYRhockeyfan: You have to decide what you want to do. There alot of advice on here. Make a decision, otherwise, this will just keep bothering you. You're not going to be able to change your girlfriend and she doesn't see anything wrong with carrying on with this co-worker than maybe this isn't the relationship got you.

Find someone a little more mature and aware that wants to be in a relationship - you stated #53 she said, He's nice enough to me, I don't have any reason to ignore him. Ok listen to that with both ears, that is how it's going to be if you continue on with this mess.

You two are not on the same page, you're having two diff. relationships. It's important to be true to yourself, and in this you're not.

~ Blessings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships