Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 03:21 PM

2,529 posts, read 1,860,003 times

Advertisements

Some people seem to bounce from one relationship to the next with no interval in between. One week, they're with this person, then they break up and the following week, this person is already in a relationship with a new person. These people seem to have zero problems meeting another person to be with and for some reason, this seems to be more common with women. It isn't just younger people who are like this, it even happens to people in their 30s and 40s; which is strange considering the vast majority of people in that age group are married which means the dating pool is smaller.

Personally, I don't get it. Where is it that they meet these people? Do they pop in out of thin air or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 03:25 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Some people seem to bounce from one relationship to the next with no interval in between. One week, they're with this person, then they break up and the following week, this person is already in a relationship with a new person. These people seem to have zero problems meeting another person to be with and for some reason, this seems to be more common with women. It isn't just younger people who are like this, it even happens to people in their 30s and 40s; which is strange considering the vast majority of people in that age group are married which means the dating pool is smaller.

Personally, I don't get it. Where is it that they meet these people? Do they pop in out of thin air or something?
haha! Good question! I don't know anyone like that. Who are these women? Are they especially good-looking? But going by what some of the 20- and 30-something guys here post, they have no trouble going from relationship to relationship, either. Maybe those are the guys the women you observe are dating.

Some people aren't able to be alone with themselves, they need a constant distraction. So they seek out company without regard to character and quality. This causes many breakups. Often, these are people with unresolved deep issues.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:30 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
There are at least two large groups of people, here - men who are deathly afraid of women, who wish they could do something about it, but don't and women, who are deathly afraid of relationships, but don't know it and hop around a lot from one impossible guy to another.

You may be talking about the second group.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:36 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,251 times
lol, I have a friend who will overlap girlfriends even the one's he lives with. He met his current girlfriend while drinking at a bar, waiting for his ex to move out of his house one night...He is a trainwreck with women, and I always call him out on it, surprisingly, the other day he actually admitted, that he hates to be alone.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:51 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,068,200 times
Online dating is easy to find dates. Getting involved with someone is easy too when you aren't really emotionally healthy, which most people who do this, aren't.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:12 PM

28 posts, read 47,032 times
I'm not like this (I'm the extreme opposite, lol) but I know people who do this and they are very insecure. :/

Old 12-21-2014, 04:14 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
They're tramps?

Old 12-21-2014, 04:14 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
Online dating is easy to find dates. Getting involved with someone is easy too when you aren't really emotionally healthy, which most people who do this, aren't.
This is how I see it. These aren't happy campers, and they're not to be envied. Not sure if the OP understands that.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:24 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,344 times
I see that too, but not just women. Men and women BOTH, and actually more of my male friends. My closet male friend is NEVER alone. He goes from one to the next. I have such the hardest time meeting people, and this guy has one after the other. Granted, he gets out and about more than I do, but still!

Old 12-21-2014, 04:25 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
My GF is like this, she is in love with love, more so than the guys she is with.

I used to go from one guy to the next, but found my own dynamic had changed while dating after my husband passed. I became extremely selective with whom I would even go out on a date, and wanted time away from any dating after a relationship.

Where do dates come from? People asking you out, OLD, etc....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships