Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 04:04 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,500,844 times

Advertisements

Nope.

No matter what the media will spin, you really have to be living one hell of a dirty lifestyle to catch HIV. It ain't gonna' happen with a blood transfusion in the first world and a FB friend of mine had a died who died just from that. But, that was the old days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I wouldn't seek it out but possibly. Who am I to judge. I don't like being judged.
You should judge. That's just common sense. If you are living right, then you have nothing to be worried about.

Psa 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 04:29 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Nope.

No matter what the media will spin, you really have to be living one hell of a dirty lifestyle to catch HIV. It ain't gonna' happen with a blood transfusion in the first world and a FB friend of mine had a died who died just from that. But, that was the old days.

You should judge. That's just common sense. If you are living right, then you have nothing to be worried about.

Psa 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:15 PM

419 posts, read 846,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
Now you knew this was going to be a 100% "NOs" and "Hell Nos" before you even asked this question
There was one "maybe," and another who said yes with caveat (like the quote below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
The only way I think I would do that is if I also had it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I myself have no STDs or health issues, and I would get involved in an LTR with an amazing person with HIV. I knew a platonic acquaintance with HIV. I saw this person really living life and not take time for granted. An inspiration.

Do you think that people who live with HIV would be open to get romantically involved with someone who doesn't have an STD? Or do they feel they have more in common in the long run with people who have the same virus?

Old 07-20-2014, 08:33 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I probably wouldn't just for a myriad of reasons... feel bad for the HIV crowd... but it is what it is......

Old 07-20-2014, 08:37 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Yes, I would, if they have suppressed viral load. The chances of getting HIV from someone who has been on meds for 6 months or more is miniscule. Condoms though, for sure.

Then again, I am extremely educated on this issue; not everyone is--yet. There is really no need for stigma in 2014.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
No. I would eventually want to have biological children and would see the risk as too high for transmission not just for myself, but to the child if I were to become infected as well.
You are very wrong about the risk. Mother-to-child transmission is almost unheard of in the developed world when mothers receive standard prenatal care.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:10 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Alright... I'll just say it... I want to go native and raw without strapping up with a set of galoshes....

Does that make me bad???

Old 07-20-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Alright... I'll just say it... I want to go native and raw without strapping up with a set of galoshes....

Does that make me bad???
Not at all. But some people are worth it. And they make it work. I know several couples who are HIV "discordant" but they are as happy as anyone else.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:00 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerriMAC View Post
There was one "maybe," and another who said yes with caveat (like the quote below).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I myself have no STDs or health issues, and I would get involved in an LTR with an amazing person with HIV. I knew a platonic acquaintance with HIV. I saw this person really living life and not take time for granted. An inspiration.

I guess if I got the virus I would live life to the fullest also because after getting it "Life" has more meaning

Do you think that people who live with HIV would be open to get romantically involved with someone who doesn't have an STD? Or do they feel they have more in common in the long run with people who have the same virus?

I don't know.

Also viruses, like bacteria, mutate over time becoming more resistive to the medication as you have seen with MRSA, C-diff and VRE in the hospitals (and now in the gerenal public I must add but they haven't told you lay people about that tho). They are becoming stronger than the medications for these illnesses. It's called survival and all living organism will try to survive and reproduce it offspring; it called translation in the microbiology world

Old 07-21-2014, 08:12 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Nope...never.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships