Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2014, 01:52 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,450,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Somebody who's this angry and spiteful probably shouldn't be dating anyone anyway.
The women get what I'm saying. You dudes clearly do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 03:29 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,840,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
Have to agree with the last two posts. OP is probably average looking at best. Decent looking girls would be getting responses to her messages. Maybe not every single one, but I'd wager at least half. If you're only average looking or below, you're going to have send out more messages to get that response. 5-10 messages isn't enough. Guys often send out way more just to get one response. You're just going to have to suck it up and keep trying.

This.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:34 PM

37,702 posts, read 46,121,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I decided to up my game and be more assertive on OkCupid. I have a profile that I recently put back up because I moved to a new area. I re-worked my profile to make it clear, concise, interesting, and not 10 paragraphs long.

In the last 48 hours I have messaged 5 men with simple messages, but showing I have read their profile and mentioning things I like and/or areas we have in common and asked open ended questions. All of them are 80%+ matches with me, and no, I'm not reaching above my "level."

Of course, none of them have messaged me back, even though 4/5 have been online in the last 24 hours. Not even a "Thanks, not interested." For the record, I respond to every message I get except for the obnoxious "DTF?" ones. I sent messages to 2 other men this month, and neither of them responded either.

So I'm just posting this to point that when guys complain that women never contact, please keep in mind that some of us do and we get the same silence that you get, even when we send nice messages.

Oh well, back the drawing board!
We aren't "all complaining". I, for one, have never complained. It's worked great for me.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
We aren't "all complaining". I, for one, have never complained. It's worked great for me.
Lol, ok. Must be nice being perfect!

Old 08-01-2014, 07:33 PM

37,702 posts, read 46,121,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Lol, ok. Must be nice being perfect!
Not sure where you got that from. No one has to be perfect to have successful online dating.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:44 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,153,374 times
I would just like to throw out there that maybe all this 'plugging into the matrix' has helped change society for the worse, and brought common courtesy down to the level of passe, or uncool even. In some circles, no reply = no thank you, so you really cant expect one.

Maybe people should look at it like a fishing expedition - cast out several glib one-liner baits, and see if you catch anything in the way of a reply.

Maybe people should try really uping their game, and leaving their house, and seeing if they can bump into someone interesting out there in real life. *shrugs*

Old 08-01-2014, 08:18 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,457,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Maybe people should try really uping their game, and leaving their house, and seeing if they can bump into someone interesting out there in real life. *shrugs*
Places I attend regularly in which I haven't bumped into someone interesting in my desired dating age range of 35-45 the last two years since I've been interested in dating again:

grocery store
gym
gas station while pumping gas
Meetup-both special interest and social groups-I did meet someone I clicked with a few months ago but he has a girlfriend.
kayaking class
photography class
OKC and Match.com
speed dating
knife skills class
rock climbing class
East Coast (too young) and West Coast Swing (too old) dancing
volunteering
weddings
pub trivia
board game groups
open game night parties at my house in which my friends are encouraged to bring friends because you never know who they might know.
science and history lectures
community theater plays and improv comedy nights
bike riding on a couple of popular local trails-lots of families on these but not much else.

I don't drink so I'm not one to hang out in bars, other than for pub trivia. I also have 5 friends who have been on the lookout for someone with potential for over a year without a single lead.

*shrugs*

Last edited by NWGirl74; 08-01-2014 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: bold is the key phrase

Old 08-02-2014, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Not sure where you got that from. No one has to be perfect to have successful online dating.
Yeah, I guess it's just me.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...iles-argh.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...g-no-luck.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ne-dating.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...et-person.html

Old 08-02-2014, 08:17 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,931,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Somebody who's this angry and spiteful probably shouldn't be dating anyone anyway.
She's not angry she's stating that she gave the initiative to reach out to a guy.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:19 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,931,228 times
You can meet some great people but I would look for local people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships