Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2014, 11:10 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
You don't have to everything in common with one another. First is attraction, then character, does he seem like someone you'd associate with. Talk a little about each others interest, even if you're not into the exact same thing. If what you hear sounds interesting, look to meet him in person and see if your mannerism is compatible with his. The same way you meet people in real life.
It's not a matter of having EVERYTHING in common. I have core beliefs and principles that are important to me, and are deal breakers. When they don't bother to take the time to look at my profile, it shows they aren't really interested in me as a person. They have the opportunity right there to learn about me, and they don't bother.

Obviously attraction comes first but at least show that you are interested in the person underneath. Geez. This is why you guys don't get responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 11:15 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
It's not a matter of having EVERYTHING in common. I have core beliefs and principles that are important to me, and are deal breakers. When they don't bother to take the time to look at my profile, it shows they aren't really interested in me as a person. They have the opportunity right there to learn about me, and they don't bother.

Obviously attraction comes first but at least show that you are interested in the person underneath. Geez. This is why you guys don't get responses.
Exactly!!

I'm pretty sure I did OLD wrong. I read every word of the profiles, and if I liked one, then I read the answers to the match questions. And if I saw no problems there, then I looked at the pictures.

And I found some good relationships .

Old 08-07-2014, 11:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
I just read these bbw comments and they are horrendous. I'm not a bbw myself and I don't date obese men myself but I wouldn't belittle them. They don't deserve to be used by men until the man finds a woman he wants to be with. I once dated a man who laughed about an obese woman. He bragged about using her for sex until a woman he wanted appeared. Needless to say we didn't date long.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:26 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Not my experience at all. Some of the ugliest men I have ever seen were the ones who contacted me. Real uggos.
Those are the guys in your league. The top 10% of guys messaging you, I can almost guarantee would not date you. It's messed up, but it's true.......real talk

Old 08-07-2014, 11:27 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
Those are the guys in your league. The top 10% of guys messaging you, I can almost guarantee would not date you. It's messed up, but it's true.......real talk
Oh so the ugliest men ever who look like Quasimodo are in the same range as a former model? I think not.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:41 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
You know this is old news right? This has been talked about for years now. Any who can find this forum can find that found a mental advice. We've all tried it, if you send a clever message, yes you're more likely to get a response, but it doesn't mean anything. Basically she's just thanking you for the nice message, it doesn't mean she wants to meet you and won't meet you if you're not what she's looking for.

FYI if you just send hi how are you, she'll still view your profile. So if you pass the attractive test, and you have a well written profile, she's not gonna say "well all he said was hi."

Please don't argue with me, if you disagree, PM me and we'll get down to proving it.
Yes, I may view your profile. NO, I will not message you, because some other man equally attractive sent me a thoughtful message which showed he viewed my profile, and he made it so I am compelled to respond, because he made the message interesting. And after viewing your profile, I may discover that no matter how cute you may be, we are not compatible, or however interesting you are, you are not attractive enough for me. Men who fall on the borderline of attractive will really increase their results if they put more though into their messages. If I have an "eh" response to their photos, but they have a good profile & good message, then I am more likely to responds. "Eh" photos and okay profile with dull message means "delete" because I have too many other messages to deal with.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:51 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Ladies? We are not surprised that guys go for what they consider hot as the first consideration. Right?! I'm not saying guys are totally shallow, but at the beginning, attraction is their achilles heel.

Instead of being offended, be flattered, and confident that your personality will make them want to stay.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-07-2014, 11:51 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Yes, I may view your profile. NO, I will not message you, because some other man equally attractive sent me a thoughtful message which showed he viewed my profile, and he made it so I am compelled to respond, because he made the message interesting. And after viewing your profile, I may discover that no matter how cute you may be, we are not compatible, or however interesting you are, you are not attractive enough for me. Men who fall on the borderline of attractive will really increase their results if they put more though into their messages. If I have an "eh" response to their photos, but they have a good profile & good message, then I am more likely to responds. "Eh" photos and okay profile with dull message means "delete" because I have too many other messages to deal with.
This is 100 percent correct. I exchanged a couple of messages last night with a good looking guy (who btw didn't view my profile) and within two messages he was telling me how he was homeless because his apartment got bedbugs, how my city was terrible, and his views on race. No thank you. I'd rather talk to the not so attractive but quirky and cute guy who doesn't act like a blowhard.

This of course was someone who had barely filled out his profile. Has he done so, I wouldn't have wasted my time despite his attractiveness.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:25 AM

346 posts, read 351,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Oh so the ugliest men ever who look like Quasimodo are in the same range as a former model? I think not.

CityData, where everyone is a model.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:27 AM

214 posts, read 206,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
CityData, where everyone is a model.
Yeah, I noticed that, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships