Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 12:45 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Today's commute was extra brutal and I had a funny thought along the way. I was thinking about some underlying themes of people I have dated more often, and ones I haven't dated often.

For example, I tend to like men that are on the nerdier end of the spectrum. But they don't seem to like me very much.

I tend to end up dating repressed nerds. LOL! They seem to not be particularly nerdy, but then after I get to know them a bit they come out of the nerd closet and start telling me about their love of comic books, history, board games, music production, molecular gastronomy or whatever it is that they are super nerdy about.

This never comes up in the early stages...always after a little while.

On the other hand, the actual and obviously nerdy guys don't give me the time of day. LOL! I don't know if I am scary or too bubbly or what.

So how about you, what's the psyche of your mates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 12:49 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
I'm really into hipsters, but they want nothing to do with me. Even though I consider myself to be progressive/alternative.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:52 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
For some reason, I seem to attract Southern men. Even if they don't live there anymore, every boyfriend I've ever had grew up south of Mason-Dixon (and I am a Yankee... trust me, they let me know). I have to admit, I love southern accents... I find them sexy. But most of the men I've dated have lost most of their accents (usually you only hear it when they talk on the phone to someone at home or in maybe just a word or two).

I can't say about online dates though... with a lot of them, it was just one or two dates and it didn't work out and I never found out where they grew up.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:54 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
They tend to be cool and really into music. Very much into projects: instrument making, or beer brewing, or installation art creating, or something like that. Outside of that, I don't really see many similarities, and there are exceptions to these.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:55 PM
SF

286 posts, read 324,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Today's commute was extra brutal and I had a funny thought along the way. I was thinking about some underlying themes of people I have dated more often, and ones I haven't dated often.

For example, I tend to like men that are on the nerdier end of the spectrum. But they don't seem to like me very much.

I tend to end up dating repressed nerds. LOL! They seem to not be particularly nerdy, but then after I get to know them a bit they come out of the nerd closet and start telling me about their love of comic books, history, board games, music production, molecular gastronomy or whatever it is that they are super nerdy about.

This never comes up in the early stages...always after a little while.

On the other hand, the actual and obviously nerdy guys don't give me the time of day. LOL! I don't know if I am scary or too bubbly or what.

So how about you, what's the psyche of your mates?

I have always been single and also I have never dated in my life but I would still answer your question somewhat.

For the kind of guy I am, I have high standards for the woman I want, it's not as simple as you post that you put it, there are too many things to mention. I won't mention them here.

I think I can never date in my life. Dating is out of question for me, I know it.

Anyway let's say if at all I happen to date someday in future then definitely I would go for a woman who is both good looking on the inside as well as outside. Otherwise I don't care. I am fine with it. However I know It won't happen.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:00 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF View Post
I have always been single and also I have never dated in my life but I would still answer your question somewhat.

For the kind of guy I am, I have high standards for the woman I want, it's not as simple as you post that you put it, there are too many things to mention. I won't mention them here.

I think I can never date in my life. Dating is out of question for me, I know it.

Anyway let's say if at all I happen to date someday in future then definitely I would go for a woman who is both good looking on the inside as well as outside. Otherwise I don't care. I am fine with it. However I know It won't happen.

Yeah, uh, that doesn't really answer the question. Good looking or a good person isn't a psyche or style, but it would be hard for you to answer since you've not done it for whatever reason.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:03 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
I attract all types. Gamers, introverted men, jocks, players, "gangsters", etc. Recently I have been a target for men who are very ambitious and get the "damsel in distress" vibe when they meet me.

I tend to be more attracted to the laid back, cool types, and pretty boys lol

Old 08-04-2014, 01:03 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
For some reason, I seem to attract Southern men. Even if they don't live there anymore, every boyfriend I've ever had grew up south of Mason-Dixon (and I am a Yankee... trust me, they let me know). I have to admit, I love southern accents... I find them sexy. But most of the men I've dated have lost most of their accents (usually you only hear it when they talk on the phone to someone at home or in maybe just a word or two).

I can't say about online dates though... with a lot of them, it was just one or two dates and it didn't work out and I never found out where they grew up.
I totally like southern men too! Southern accents are totally charming!

But I am a closet southern anyway! I mostly grew up in CA of course, but my parents are from the South, and I lived there for 6 years! I am very Californian. But also quite a bit Southern too!

It is very rare for a Californian guy to hit on me. I mostly attract East Coast or Southern men. No clue why!

I do declare, I must give off secret southern belle vibes.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:10 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
I feel like there's no one type that I'm attracted to, although I have noticed a lot of Indian/Middle Eastern men digging on me lately.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:23 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
I tend to date above the danger zone, above an 7 hot, and around a 8-9crazy =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships