Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 01:35 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,375,977 times

Advertisements

When I was in the dating scene, I attracted all types from jocks, straight-laced professionals, moto military men, inked/pierced, hipsters, and my type:

Nerdy/geeky (gamers -- some into table-top, comic book and sci-fi/fantasy lovers, movie buffs, cosplayers, those with a passion for a specific field of study within academia, audiophiles, computer programmers, and software developers)
Artistic/creative (musicians, writers, artists or combo of sorts)
Secular Humanists or "spiritual" in the Buddhist, pantheist or Taoist sense
Introverted (INFP and INTP, especially)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 01:42 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,523,273 times
I don't have a type per se. My attraction has varied based on the individual, instead of some particular type or group. But as to what has been attracted to me, seems to be for some reason women who go to church and are very spiritual, which is odd, because I don't go to church at all nor do I believe give off the impression that I am a religious person.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:45 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,375,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I totally like southern men too! Southern accents are totally charming!

But I am a closet southern anyway! I mostly grew up in CA of course, but my parents are from the South, and I lived there for 6 years! I am very Californian. But also quite a bit Southern too!

It is very rare for a Californian guy to hit on me. I mostly attract East Coast or Southern men. No clue why!

I do declare, I must give off secret southern belle vibes.
Southern men have never really appealed to me, even when I lived in the South. But since there are so many transplants in Atlanta I never really knew who was actually from the South until getting to know the person.

I say I am from California because I spent my more formative years between Nor Cal (East Bay) and So Cal (San Diego), but I also lived in the PNW, in Vancouver and just outside Seattle. But having spent many years in metro Atlanta, and experiencing the dating culture in that area, I preferred it to So Cal. I just couldn't get into the So Cal mindset and scene. The culture was so different from what I grew accustomed to living in Atlanta, and yet I consider San Diego "home." It's where most of my relatives live.

I have far more in common with men in metro areas like Seattle, Portland, Atlanta, L.A. (but still its own culture thanks to the film and music industry), Chicago, D.C./Maryland/NOVA, and the NE.

Southern men, the ones raised or brought up in the South with that specific culture/mindset, have been far too conservative and "old fashioned" in my experience. Some have "freed" themselves from that upbringing, but the ones who are deeply connected to their roots and haven't lived in many other places are much too conservative for my liking.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:53 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,002,401 times
I am partial to scientists. They tend to be very silly in private life, to balance out their work, and to have the empirical approach to life that I like.

I am a weird magnet for people from the Washington, DC suburbs. So much so, that the last guy I dated, when he told me on our first date he was from there I replied, 'Of course you are!'

I don't know wtf that is about .

Old 08-04-2014, 01:56 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,603,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I tend to date above the danger zone, above an 7 hot, and around a 8-9crazy =)

The Hot/Crazy Scale - YouTube

Old 08-04-2014, 02:03 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,828,273 times
I'm the opposite of the OP in that I am not really attracted to nerd girls but that's what I most easily attract. I probably come off nerdy but actually have zero nerd interests.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:12 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,966,489 times
I have always attracted the gals that have the moves.

You know, can spin their head around three times with a growling noise.

I attract crazy! Always have. Bad judge of character or gullible I guess.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:21 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,828,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I have always attracted the gals that have the moves.

You know, can spin their head around three times with a growling noise.

I attract crazy! Always have. Bad judge of character or gullible I guess.
I have attracted crazy as well including women with serious mental illness. Yet i am not crazy at all.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:48 PM
SF

286 posts, read 324,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, uh, that doesn't really answer the question. Good looking or a good person isn't a psyche or style, but it would be hard for you to answer since you've not done it for whatever reason.

Fair enough.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:51 PM

346 posts, read 352,116 times
I don't have a type. However, I attract all types; Black/white, tall/short, single/taken, old/young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships