Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 05:54 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times

Advertisements

yeah, hand her off to me and find yourself a girl that likes to party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 06:18 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Yes, my advice is to not do it. Resentment will arise on one side or the other eventually.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:32 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Well, my fiance is a homebody and maybe even a bit of an introvert. I am an extrovert and I love to go out and socialize. What neither of us like are things like clubs, concerts, things like that. I can't handle the noise and volume of people. He can't either.

With that said, if I want to go do something he will normally come with me. If he wants to go somewhere, I go with him.

I think we meet in the middle. We also do go out once a week with a group of friends on Sunday mornings for breakfast.

He has become a lot more social over the years.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:09 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
I'm an introvert. If a woman ever tried to push me out of my confort zone that would be the end of the relationship. Stop trying to change people. They are who they are.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:12 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Bolded line is spot on
So much of this depends on how hard core of an introvert she is, lol
I love concerts....some introverts don't do crowds at all.....
Try to offer it in small doses, lol
Don't push too much too soon, or it can backfire
Balance is good here. Both myself and my wife have a mix of introvert and extrovert characteristics. We both enjoy hanging at home but like going out, too.

In my experience, strongly extroverted women are "fun" but often unstable and find commitment difficult. Strongly introverted women can be intriguing and interesting, but are often boring after a while, and, for me at least, tend to be rather boring in bed, too. The best relationships I have had (including my marriage) are with women who had a nice balance of both.

YMMV, this is just my experience, not intended as a broad brush.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I'm an introvert. If a woman ever tried to push me out of my confort zone that would be the end of the relationship. Stop trying to change people. They are who they are.

Being pushed out of your comfort zone, socially and professionally can be a very good thing at times. It helps people evolve and excel.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:14 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
This thread is an example of how some people misunderstand introverts and extroverts. Essentially, extroverts are energized by constantly being around people, while introverts find that draining and typically need time alone to recharge. Introverts can be plenty outgoing and social but have a limited capacity for large groups or constant socializing.

I know a couple who have been married over 20 years. He is a major extrovert and she is an introvert. She socializes with him when she feels like it, and stays home alone when she feels like it. He often does things, including travel, without her. It works for them.

OP if you can understand whether she is a true introvert and if so, respect that about her, then you will be fine (in other words, don't try to "push her outside her comfort zone"). If you require a companion who is always by your side while you pursue your desired level of socializing, it may not work out.

And to whoever stated upthread that all married people are introverts who only go to work and come home, you couldn't be more wrong.
That's a good point. TO add to my last post, both my wife and I are probably somewhat more introvert than extrovert, but we do have a balance of both.

That said, we both enjoy SMALL social gatherings, but for big, huge events, we both end up wanting to leave earlyish. I can tolerate them better than she can.

As far as married people, many don't go out that much because they simply do not have the time, or have other priorities, it doesn't mean they have changed as people.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:20 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Balance is good here. Both myself and my wife have a mix of introvert and extrovert characteristics. We both enjoy hanging at home but like going out, too.

In my experience, strongly extroverted women are "fun" but often unstable and find commitment difficult. Strongly introverted women can be intriguing and interesting, but are often boring after a while, and, for me at least, tend to be rather boring in bed, too. The best relationships I have had (including my marriage) are with women who had a nice balance of both.

YMMV, this is just my experience, not intended as a broad brush.
Interesting.....
I'm a balance of Introvert 75% & Extrovert 25%
The bolded- nothing could be farther from the truth for me, personally lol

Old 08-05-2014, 11:02 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Being pushed out of your comfort zone, socially and professionally can be a very good thing at times. It helps people evolve and excel.
The problem in relationships is the other is being pushed out to do things THE OTHER wants.
This is why it usually doesn't work out for the best.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
The problem in relationships is the other is being pushed out to do things THE OTHER wants.
This is why it usually doesn't work out for the best.

Kind of depends. I would encourage people I date to try my passions, even if it isn't in their comfort zone, and I hope they would as well. I would never have tried hang gliding or rock climbing if it weren't for this. Didn't become passionate about them but I'm glad I tried them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships