Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 02:31 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostritch View Post
I meant Wife not girlfriend. I wrote in a rush and in anger.
Ohhh, yeah I always confuse that myself.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:33 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
No not his kids. Ours and hers from previous relationship. Not his. He is just an ex husband
OK, then you need to TELL HER how you feel and you two should talk about it. Ask her why she goes and let her know you don't like it.

Maybe you both can understand each other, but if you can't or if she continues to go without telling you, then you will need to decide what to do next.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:34 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
I dont mind her going to see him. ITS THE HIDING THE FACT FROM ME THAT MAKES ME QUESTION WHY IS SHE HIDING IT AND WHAT ELSE IS SHE HIDING?

When I was going out of town for three weeks of work last month I said id pass through her office to say good bye. Of course at that time she forgot and went to see him in jail too.

When she starts hiding, I start questioning what it is she is hiding.
Not trying to compare apples to oranges, but I can tell you why I chose to hide it from my brother. My brother has always been my hero.

I hid from him because of the following reasons

1. I am embarrassed
2. I don't want to hear lecturing. Trust me, my brother lectures me.
3. I don't want ANYBODY to think that I have romantic feelings towards my friend because they always do.

My ex boyfriends knew I visit him. They are okay with it. I am not sure if they can be okay with it if the friend is my ex. So I cannot speak for all men in the similar situation.

Yes, these inmates do have to buy necessaties like tooth paste, tooth brush, etc.

I tend to believe that if I hide something from a person, the ugliness will go away. But I guarantee you that I have never tried to hurt anybody. I would like to believe your wife thinks just like I do.

Have a conversation with her.

Remember the jail visitation is not a pleasant experience for the visitors at all. She perhaps just wants to help somebody out. It might not be a big deal in her mind.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:34 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
So I'm thoroughly confused. You said this is your wife. But in another thread asking for advice, you said you just recently moved in with your girlfriend. So you just have a wife, and it's the same person. You just call her your girlfriend because you have forgotten that she is your wife?

This will influence how I respond, so I'm hoping for some clarification before doing so.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:35 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,679,372 times
I would have no problem with this, some don't like to talk about it.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:37 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Ohhh, yeah I always confuse that myself.
He must be awfully angry. There's 2 other threads; in one thread she's the wife and in another thread she's his gf.

OP, just ask your wife/gf why she's not being honest.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:46 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
I dont mind her going to see him. ITS THE HIDING THE FACT FROM ME THAT MAKES ME QUESTION WHY IS SHE HIDING IT AND WHAT ELSE IS SHE HIDING?

When I was going out of town for three weeks of work last month I said id pass through her office to say good bye. Of course at that time she forgot and went to see him in jail too.

When she starts hiding, I start questioning what it is she is hiding.
It sounds like she is going to see him in jail once a month, and doesn't know how to tell you before she goes. The age old adage of, "Its better to ask forgiveness then permission" may come to mind.

If you truly do not mind her going to see him every now and then, then sit her down, and tell her that. Let her know that when she goes without telling you that its hurtful, and you feel its dishonest for her to go and not tell you.

She will probably say, "Well I didn't want to hurt you" or something to that effect.

Whether or not you stay with her, or any of this remains ok with you is up to you. What I would do in your situation is of no consequence, because I don't know y'alls whole story, and I haven't walked a mile in y'alls shoes.

But she is being dishonest for some reason, whether its to not hurt you, or to play you, is the question.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:58 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
My only question is WHY?

Why do you put up with all this nonsense drama? Wife/gf, incarcerated ex convict, jail visitations, the creep'n around.....just ridiculous.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:24 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Sounds like it's that once a month Conjugal visit day to me.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:49 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
I dont see how any of you would be okay with this.

If this is the father of her children I don't see the issue with her going to visit and updating him on the welfare of the children.

Other than that, she is a grown woman, she is single, she does not have to ask you for permission to do anything, she does not answer to you.

You just happen to be the guy she is dating at the moment.
Get over it or move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships