Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 01:48 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I just offered my opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

You opinion about what? I still don't understand the point you are trying to make, I stated I would not look forward to my life without my husband, I did not say I "need" him, two completely different definitions.
So again, what exactly is the point you were trying to make?

Old 08-16-2014, 02:11 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You opinion about what? I still don't understand the point you are trying to make, I stated I would not look forward to my life without my husband, I did not say I "need" him, two completely different definitions.
So again, what exactly is the point you were trying to make?
I never mentioned anything about your husband. Like I said, I gave my opinion. I don't want to talk to you about this anymore.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:17 PM

326 posts, read 348,797 times
If it's a bunch of men that women don't want those men shouldn't have to pay taxes for schools or single mothers and if they decide that they don't want to fix your car or hire you because your a women you can't file a lawsuit. If women would do these things im sure the undesirables would disappear.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:17 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,028,242 times
What I always think about any kind of a strike: Make sure you will be missed or don't go away.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
What I always think about any kind of a strike: Make sure you will be missed or don't go away.
I would not call it a strike just cutting your losses with women. I know women don't have it easy in dating but they don't realize how hard it is for (some) men. The only thing I can say is stop insulting them they are already having a rough time.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:44 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
I don't think a men strike will do much as:
1) Most likely the guys who strike are considered undesirable so it's a benefit to not be bothered by them anymore

2)I think more gals than guys want to settle into a nice, romantic relationship and have kids so it's not like guys are taking away something gals want. The vast majority of guys seemingly don't want or seek what gals want anyways/

The male strike will possibly be undesired guys not giving gals something gals don't want.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:49 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerr View Post
I would not call it a strike just cutting your losses with women. I know women don't have it easy in dating but they don't realize how hard it is for (some) men. The only thing I can say is stop insulting them they are already having a rough time.
Some of the problem with these distressing dating circumstances is this:

You've got say, 45 to 60 year old men who have let themselves go physically to pot, clamoring for taut 25 year olds who are (please excuse my crudity here) "9s" and "10s" Also they will not look twice at a woman in her early 50s who keeps herself in decent shape. Somehow, they don't consider her "good enough" So if you have one of these "gems" on your couch, snoring soundly in the throes of mild sleep apnea, drooling slightly, you're not supposed to make any "demands" on them, you're supposed to be extremely easy to be with, and you're supposed to act as if God delivered a bucket of diamonds to your door because you have a passive man, uninterested in life and too lazy to get up and live it, and move the healthy body he has been blessed with.

A middle aged woman with no financial agenda towards a man is still looked at as suspect, and I'm sick of it. Also sick of being covertly judged for long-term single status. In an earlier era, men had a little bit more class and would be delighted to find a woman who has not been making the rounds. She would be viewed as "selective" and therefore highly desirable. That is no longer the case. The double standard has become even more insidious. Your morals are suspect if you're not out there running around trying to find opportunities to "put out" So if there is to be a partial male strike, maybe that will weed out the angry, bitter men with a sense of entitlement and I will be more easily able to make my way through the dating maze.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
I think the best study we have is the fact that even though women have obviously played important roles, all societies, past and present are mostly works of men.
This 'best study' is overlooking the variable of males oppressing gals could be a huge factor in why all societies are mostly works of males. Being oppressed likely hindered gals chance to build and sustain a society.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Some of the problem with these distressing dating circumstances is this:

You've got say, 45 to 60 year old men who have let themselves go physically to pot, clamoring for taut 25 year olds who are (please excuse my crudity here) "9s" and "10s" Also they will not look twice at a woman in her early 50s who keeps herself in decent shape. Somehow, they don't consider her "good enough" So if you have one of these "gems" on your couch, snoring soundly in the throes of mild sleep apnea, drooling slightly, you're not supposed to make any "demands" on them, you're supposed to be extremely easy to be with, and you're supposed to act as if God delivered a bucket of diamonds to your door because you have a passive man, uninterested in life and too lazy to get up and live it, and move the healthy body he has been blessed with.

A middle aged woman with no financial agenda towards a man is still looked at as suspect, and I'm sick of it. Also sick of being covertly judged for long-term single status. In an earlier era, men had a little bit more class and would be delighted to find a woman who has not been making the rounds. She would be viewed as "selective" and therefore highly desirable. That is no longer the case. The double standard has become even more insidious. Your morals are suspect if you're not out there running around trying to find opportunities to "put out" So if there is to be a partial male strike, maybe that will weed out the angry, bitter men with a sense of entitlement and I will be more easily able to make my way through the dating maze.
But if those men those (so called) bitter men were gone there would be alot of single women so why would a man pick you what do you offer that other women don't? No women answered my question if the undesirables left women alone what would you give them?

Old 08-16-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerr View Post
If it's a bunch of men that women don't want those men shouldn't have to pay taxes for schools or single mothers and if they decide that they don't want to fix your car or hire you because your a women you can't file a lawsuit. If women would do these things im sure the undesirables would disappear.
I don't see how not being desired makes it reasonable for a guy to commit tax evasion and career gender discrimination. This seems like a case of male ego and entitlement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships