Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 02:17 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,874,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
If women just sit and expect men to approach them simply because they played with their hair and smiled then these women are being punks stuck to their princess attitude. See, it takes two to tango. Women should get out of their princess box and guys should get out of their basement and both take some action other than sending hints or messages. Just do it. It takes effort from both parts and just sitting waiting for someone to make the move doesn't sound like much effort is being put. It seems guys are still expected to take initiative and all but there are a few women out there who do more than just sit there.
Where did anyone say anything about that? Wow, agenda, much? Have you read the OP? It's about comparing men who make an effort but fail, vs. women who (we're led to believe) make an effort, approach, and win pretty much every time. That's not reality, but that's how the OP sees it. And, you're still off-topic. If you have issues about passive women (again, that's not what the thread is about), start your own thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 02:27 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,292,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam3 View Post
Am I the only one who notices the same thing?

Whenever I see a man try to initiate a conversation with a woman in hopes of getting her number, it's almost always a rejection (and a rejection rather quickly). The opposite of this though - a woman approaching a man - is nearly infallible. I think i've seen 9 or 10 women approach men in my lifetime and it's always easy and instant success

Not sure about men getting rejected every time like the thread suggests but I don’t think I had more failure than success. I always did something many might think its dumb but hey, it worked just fine with me. See, when I studied abroad in the USA I would meet other foreign exchange students as well and still do at school back at home. Anyways, when I was single I would approach an exchange student I found attractive and simply start a conversation that made sense right there on the spot. Not that stereotypical “Hey baaaabe! You are hot!”. I have some knowledge of Sign Language, the Spanish, Japanese language, and my native tongue of course. Breaking the ice in their language helped almost every single time.

I remember I was on vacation in France and there was this girl who was looking at the train station’s map. I stood in front of the map as well and told myself with a sigh something like “Oh man, this map is a bit confusing”. The girl looked at me with a surprised look and asked “Wait a minute. What did you say?” and a small conversation would start. Then they would ask how is it that I speak their language. A few minutes later “Well, I will get going now” only to have her ask if she could join me. Got a date on the spot. It was not me asking her out or doing the stereotypical “hey babe” line. I simply looked like a guy that was out to look around and not necessarily after anybody. Maybe that relaxed her enough to ask me out or whatever that was but we ended going out while on vacation in France.

I remember while on vacation in Hawaii I was on a bus on my way to a beach. The announcer on the speaker said the last bus would be at certain time. There was this girl on the other seat across from me. We made eye contact and I told her “I think we should be fine (with time)” she agreed and laughed in disbelief that I spoke her language. We started talking about the places we visited and guess who joined me in the beach and later a dinner that night?

I could go on with more experiences like this while on vacation around the world, back at home, or in the country where I am working. Speaking another person’s language always helped in my case as a good ice breaker and not just a basic “Hello, how are you?” in their language but something a bit more conversational. Just look at it this way, imagine you are in another country and out of the blue someone starts a friendly conversation with you in your native language (non-english). Wouldn’t that be a pleasant surprise? If you say its not, well, it was to almost every single girl I spoke to and ended up dating on the spot or exchanging contact information. No, I am not Brad Pitt look-alike or have a sculptural body. I’ll say I am average. I have been lucky or that simply seemed to work WITH ME.

Have I been approached by women? Yes, mostly in Asia but not in western countries that I remember, maybe one or two. They were not my type.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:09 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,661,652 times
Quote:

Whenever I see a man try to initiate a conversation with a woman in hopes of getting her number, it's almost always a rejection (and a rejection rather quickly). The opposite of this though - a woman approaching a man - is nearly infallible. I think i've seen 9 or 10 women approach men in my lifetime and it's always easy and instant success
Yes, men are always rejected by women. That is why there are so many male/female couples.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:16 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,637,752 times
Quote:

Approaches are hard for a lot of men, because they are having to break the ice with a stranger and many women don't react well to that. Approaches have never been my thing.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:17 PM

783 posts, read 851,815 times
So what is the bigger problem? Men without enough game or women that require too much game in order to approach?

Old 10-04-2014, 04:21 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,155,398 times
*sigh*

Men look at aggressive women as simply that - desperate and/or controlling. They might respond positively, but they arent thinking, "This could be the mother of my children", unless they are a passive man.

Men can expect to be ignored for many reasons, but even if they approach perfectly, they should expect to get turned down a few times. Most ladies need to observe you for a bit before responding positively.

I think online dating hinders that process greatly. I know the line my husband used to finally get my positive reaction would have gone over like a lead balloon by text.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:57 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,229,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
*sigh*

Men look at aggressive women as simply that - desperate and/or controlling. They might respond positively, but they arent thinking, "This could be the mother of my children", unless they are a passive man.

Old 10-04-2014, 05:12 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,326,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Approaches are hard for a lot of men, because they are having to break the ice with a stranger and many women don't react well to that. Approaches have never been my thing.
Let me just say, I approached my girlfriend. Even though she said yes, I hated doing that. Approaching women is not my thing and never has been.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:52 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,244,065 times
I'll be very honest here. I failed miserably at it today, my first ever shot at approaching.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:54 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,326,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I'll be very honest here. I failed miserably at it today, my first ever shot at approaching.
Most men do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships