Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 01:33 PM

47 posts, read 59,143 times

Advertisements

My gf goes to see her ex husband (WHOM SHE DIVORCED) once a month in jail.
I dont mind her going to do so. He doesn't know anyone here in this small rural town but her.
But is it too much to ask her to tell me? Why hide it?

How many of you would be okay with this?

Old 08-12-2014, 01:36 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,136 times
If she's hiding it how do you know about it? I'd say just ask her about it and see what the real story is before assuming too much.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:42 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Is he the father of the boys who have all that football practice?

Old 08-12-2014, 01:43 PM

She text me she went to see him after avoiding my texts n I went to her office

Old 08-12-2014, 01:46 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostritch View Post
I dont mind her going to do so. He doesn't know anyone here in this small rural town but her.

I have a friend whom I visit in jail every month. It is embarrassing for me to admit because after all, it is not like he is a war hero. Most my family members don't know it, the only person who knows it is my brother.

The bottom line is that I think you have to put money in their account in order for them to buy necessarties in jail.

My friend in jail has known me for over 10+ years. I can't just abandon him because he did something wrong. (I don't even think he did something wrong to be complete honest.)

I don't want to give my parents a heart attack, so I don't tell them. My parents don't even know what jail looks like. My brother sometimes takes me there, he can sit outside and waiting for me.

I have to say that it is a totally humiliating experience for the visitors. You wait in line, and these inmates don't have names, they only have booking numbers.. Trust me, nobody wants to go visit if they don't have to.

The bottom line is that I don't have any romantic feeling toward this friend. But he is still my friend. One mistake he made in the past ruined his whole life. Our others friends pretty much all abandoned him, they all claim to be the rich OC liberal kids, but they abandon their friend who simply made a mistake? I found it sickening.

He will always be my friend and i still value his friendship.. It is a complicated emotion I really cannot explain.

You don't know why your wife had to visit. But I consider it as some kind of loyalty. It is not necessarily a bad thing.

Try to keep an open mind about it and good luck with that.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:47 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times
You have wife, no? So I'm not really seeing the issue here. Is this girlfriend someone on the side?

Old 08-12-2014, 01:47 PM

She send me a text as its my off day to bring her lunch at work. Then she says to make sure I bring it before 130 pm or she will come home n get the food.
I took it to office n she wasn't there. Text her several times n told her I bounced at office , that's when she text me where she was.
Its the principle. Its dishonesty and I dont think ppl should have secrets

Old 08-12-2014, 01:49 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,889 times
I wouldnt fret about it. She appears to be a good person by seeing him

Old 08-12-2014, 01:54 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,208 times
Quote:

You are a better man than I am, I would not be ok with that at all. If they are divorced then I see no reason to be in touch with him.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:03 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:

The first bolded explains why she had to visit.

I would be okay with this if my boyfriend still visits his ex in jail. (I hope this will never happen to me because I don't like drama =)

1. She is in jail, doesn't hurt to put some money in her account so she can buy stuff in jail. I always try to put more money in my friend's account, so he can buy some protection in jail in order not to get beat up or raped.

2. I have full confidence that the man I am with loves me and only me. If I don't have 100% trust in him, I simply won't be in a relationship with him. So if he visits her in jail, he must have a valid reason.

3. Most people will not broadcast their jail visit. Yes I love my friend but I am embarrassed to admit that I visit him in jail sometimes. I am no angel.

I doubt your wife still has feelings for her ex. (I can only speculate, I don't know this for sure) I think she just wants to put some money in his account or shows him some kind of support.

Try to keep an open mind about it. I know it is hard to do, buy try.

Good luck with you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.