Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 10:27 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times

Advertisements

"Still mad?"

"No, but not interested either. Best of luck to you. Take care."

Everything else is inviting his b.s. and some drama into your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 11:21 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,913 times
"Take care." Them's serious words. Cracks me up that those words really mean, "eff off."

Old 08-25-2014, 07:11 AM

54 posts, read 48,532 times
Yeah, if it were anyone else, I'd probably do that. That's the way I've handled similar situations. It very difficult to convey here all the elements of a given situation that may make you consider handling it differently. I still have the option of "dropping" it once and for all if it appears he's not sincere about just being friends again. He has made some mistakes that, frankly, we were all a little surprised by, wouldn't have expected from him. Some information has come to light since so I'll give benefit of the doubt for now but not without taking some precautions, let's say.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:06 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
My lady and I can talk great together to address issues in our relationship.

When we text, it usually doesn't go well

Old 08-25-2014, 08:14 AM

54 posts, read 48,532 times
Yes, you are right. And, this guy knows that's how I feel about texting. That was one of the things I addressed with him at the "end". And, so now, even though he texted instead of calling, I'm looking at that as an ice breaker. If he has changed or wants to change, he will call me to have a real conversation. I'm cautiously receptive.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:18 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead1450 View Post
Yes, you are right. And, this guy knows that's how I feel about texting. That was one of the things I addressed with him at the "end". And, so now, even though he texted instead of calling, I'm looking at that as an ice breaker. If he has changed or wants to change, he will call me to have a real conversation. I'm cautiously receptive.
Texting means you don't have to face the person emotionally to argue. And if its an argument, it makes it worse.

Think about having to argue with someone with no face. You cant feel empathy in words from many people. You can't tell if they are hurting also.

And, it may be limited in characters, so the person may get the first half of a ****ty text before they get the better half 5 minutes later.

Text is good for "I'm here, come over" but a relationship over text? Nah

Old 08-25-2014, 11:56 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
I usually have a strong preference for remaining friends, but this guy is clearly committed to manipulation. I can't be friends with someone like that. It's too much work, and there's no there there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships