Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 07:43 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,150,000 times

Advertisements

(To OP):

LOL: another illustration that women can be quite different from one another, more so than men in my opinion. Generalizing, of course, but that's my observation in more than four decades on this Earth.

I attend the weekly car-exotics show Saturdays during the summer, past year or so, not far from where I live. Nice rolling-stock comes in there to show off. I turn up with my 911 Turbo, which is in-fact a brutal car disguised as a docile kitty-cat around town. In a rather subdued color, in my case! A Lamborghini pretty much by-definition is for a guy (always) who is a bit brash, or at-minimum doesn't care what anyone thinks: he's expressing masculinity, pure and simple. Lamborghini knows that, they sell plenty of them.

To wit, Last week's most-interesting car was a new Lamborghini spider in titanium gray with orange interior. On the boil, it sounded like the scream of Satan's favorite house cat. And they want more than a half-million bucks for it (and will get it). What, you think the guy who buys and drives something like that plays by Marquis of Queensbury Rules in life? That's for suckers.

And everyone knows it, deep-down.

Ferrari is a cult all its own, not even going to discuss that. Spectacularly mechanical music, those. Doubt I'll ever own one, but never say never.

And so it goes. My point being I'm driving a bit of a non-subtle car, in a subtle color, rather riding the line between the inherent vulgarity of a sports car (super car, in this case) and trying to maintain a bit of decorum. But that's me.

I've seen a few women look at my ride, and me, like we're filth. Whatever. A few others, like they're about to have an accident from excitement. That's rarer, but nice to see! Most, however, are (as all women do) sizing it up, and me along with it, quietly plus keeping their own council. A man drives what he is, or wants to be and wants to project. I wouldn't have bought such a ride if I didn't want just a bit of admiration, knowing there would be just a bit of revulsion from others, too.

I won't be associating with the latter type of woman, I guess. I'm alright with that: hugs all around, people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 08:12 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
And so it goes. My point being I'm driving a bit of a non-subtle car, in a subtle color, rather riding the line between the inherent vulgarity of a sports car (super car, in this case) and trying to maintain a bit of decorum. But that's me.

I've seen a few women look at my ride, and me, like we're filth. Whatever. A few others, like they're about to have an accident from excitement. That's rarer, but nice to see! Most, however, are (as all women do) sizing it up, and me along with it, quietly plus keeping their own council. A man drives what he is, or wants to be and wants to project. I wouldn't have bought such a ride if I didn't want just a bit of admiration, knowing there would be just a bit of revulsion from others, too.

I won't be associating with the latter type of woman, I guess. I'm alright with that: hugs all around, people!
yups, to each his own.

ppl do judge you or make stereotypes based on what you drive. OP's disgust with "flashy" cars is a good example. i own two cars: a black porsche convertible and a black nissan titan V8 truck. i use the truck to pull my boat and go to work. i can't pull the boat with the porsche and driving my porsche to work raises eyebrows, never favorably in my opinion and worse when they discover i own two cars as a single guy. many ppl have this "what makes him so special" or think i'm "living large", showing off so i drive it on weekends. women too react differently when i pick them up in the truck or porsche. and i sometimes decide which one to use based on what kind of impression i want to make (i don't drive the porsche when i am trying to buy something, pay someone, or don't know them), low key is my preference unless i'm out having a good time.

so doesn't matter what you say, ppl do judge you depending on what you drive (and how well you keep it clean too).

btw, i'm selling both cars and the boat this winter for a tesla. i can't wait to no longer have to burn money on gasoline.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:13 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I bet it's insanely fun to drive Mags
It's a whole different vibe than driving a boring standard car

It makes me smile every time.

Quote:
Lol I have noticed that-
I thought it was my imagination that I'm putting gas in quite often......

I get 13mpg. lol

Old 08-30-2014, 08:14 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,892 times
I always thought driving around in a junkie vehicle was a great way to weed out the gold diggers and superficial women. I don't need or want those ones in my life.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:17 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redallen View Post
I was driving to work today and was next to a Lamborghini. My first thought is not "Oooh--look at that car and the guy driving it!". I get totally turned off by guys who have a showy car. I just don't like that "look at me" type personality. Anyone else feel the same?

I guess I'm just not a showy person and don't want a guy who is either. I suppose if I was extremely wealthy and had money to burn I might feel differently though--ha!

I'm just wondering if other women feel the same--turned off by a guy in a flashy/showy car. I'd rather date a guy in a muddy pickup truck that can tow a camper or carry a kayak, than a guy that is worried his car will get dirty. But maybe it's just the type of guy I like most likely wouldn't drive that type of car.
I'm too frugal to want an expensive sports car, but if someone wants to give me a free ride I will giggle and clap like a little girl with a pony.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:22 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
I drive both a sports car and a dirty ass old Chevy
What's that make me?

A redneck with money?
A douchebag hick?

That makes you a well rounded individual.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:53 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

I get 13mpg. lol
Lol at least it's not a motorhome....
Mpg sucked w/ that beast

All I know is that I love this Jeep so much I don't wanna give it back

Old 08-30-2014, 09:42 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Just what we need is more dirty pickup truck types popping out more kids for the taxpayers to subsidize.
Bwhahaha...my husband drives a dirty pickup...and we have 4 kids. I guess I should go collect my check...someone's been screwing me over!

Quote:
Now we're getting somewhere!

Picture it, Chow: You and Sea headed north up the Pacific Coast hwy, you find a nice little place to pull over for the night, and just crawl in the back of your truck.
Or ...he could just toss a mattress in the back and a few blankets
We used to toss some blankets in the back of my husband's truck to go stargazing

Quote:
I get 13mpg. lol
Wow, that's it? I would have thought your mpg would have been better since it's on the smaller side. That's what my SUV gets. When we pull the boat we only get about 10.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:50 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
I would love to test drive a Murcelago on road Atlanta. They have sales for thanksgiving weekend starting at $535/hr. I want to give it a shot, just for thrill. Who's with me .

Old 08-30-2014, 10:53 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Now we're getting somewhere!

Picture it, Chow: You and Sea headed north up the Pacific Coast hwy, you find a nice little place to pull over for the night, and just crawl in the back of your truck.

Caribou Camper 1991
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships