Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 08:30 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I posted a story on the forum several times of mrs. Chow and I and one of our very first times being together involved walking on a pier on a summer night and just being happy to be together.

Didn't cost anything........
Those were some of our favorite dates. We would get an ice and go down to the docks. You could park right up next to them. Sometimes we'd crab, sometimes we'd just walk and talk and check out what everyone else was catching for the night.

Another favorite was parking at the airport right behind the runway and watching the places come in. They'd come right over our head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I had to walk up hill both way in the snow to get to school......

No... but really... I did hoof it..... LOL...
LOL... I had access to a bus but when I got to 5th and 6th grade my friend and I wanted to walk it. It was about a mile from my House and there was a little corner store on the way. We'd stop in there and get candy before school

Old 10-09-2014, 08:36 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Those were some of our favorite dates. We would get an ice and go down to the docks. You could park right up next to them. Sometimes we'd crab, sometimes we'd just walk and talk and check out what everyone else was catching for the night.

Another favorite was parking at the airport right behind the runway and watching the places come in. They'd come right over our head.
Lol, c'mon, Sixy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
LOL... I had access to a bus but when I got to 5th and 6th grade my friend and I wanted to walk it. It was about a mile from my House and there was a little corner store on the way. We'd stop in there and get candy before school
We walked about a mile to our jr. high, too, and did the same thing with the candy, before and after school. It was a little tiny store, just kind of by itself. The building is still there, but it's been empty for decades...

Lol, by the way, here's our airport plane-watching story:

What do you remember most about your childhood or growning up

Also, sometimes we sit on the balcony at night and watch them come in and try to determine which airport they're heading for...

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 10-09-2014 at 08:50 PM..

Old 10-09-2014, 08:44 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol, c'mon, Sixy...
Haha...no, for that we went to the golf course

We walked about a mile to our jr. high, too, and did the same thing with the candy, before and after school. It was a little tiny store, just kind of by itself. The building is still there, but it's been empty for decades...[/quote]

Same here! It was this little tiny corner store in the middle of a residential area. It's still there, and still in operation.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:45 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I can do a pretty spot on impression of Sammy Davis jr. complete with the creepy vacant one eye stare that he had courtesy of the glass eye.

I've been bustin that one on her while doing old Prince songs in the style of Sammy.

Never a dull moment around here.

Last edited by Chowhound; 10-09-2014 at 08:56 PM..

Old 10-09-2014, 08:47 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Are you SURE you don't have a brother in Michigan? Doesn't ANYONE - good guys, that is - have a brother (or uncle or cousin or friend) living in Michigan???? LOL

I can send you my Brother if you want, he's okay as far as Brother's go, doesn't require much in material possessions either.
There is one small possible downside to this though.........you have to take my Mother as well......

Old 10-09-2014, 09:32 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
I don't want to be harsh on anyone, but some posters on other threads talk to me in a very harsh and dirty mouthed manner.

Sometimes, I wonder where they get the audacity to say such stuff. I'd never talk like that to anyone, even if I totally disagreed with their views.

Sadly, the internet gives a false sense of what we call "wicked pride" in my native language .

Old 10-09-2014, 09:34 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I don't want to be harsh on anyone, but some posters on other thread talk to me in a very harsh and dirty mouthed manner.

Sometimes, I wonder where they get the audacity to say such stuff. I'd never talk like that to anyone.

Sadly, the internet gives a false sense of what we call "wicked pride" in my native language .

Blow it off because it really has nothing to do with your real life off of this forum.
When you turn off the computer they go away.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:34 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I don't want to be harsh on anyone, but some posters on other thread talk to me in a very harsh and dirty mouthed manner.

Sometimes, I wonder where they get the audacity to say such stuff. I'd never talk like that to anyone.

True...

Don't take things here personally... just do your thang... you're on the right path... don't let people get to you, cause let me tell you... life is full of people who aren't on your team....

You'll be ok.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:43 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Blow it off because it really has nothing to do with your real life off of this forum.
When you turn off the computer they go away.
But whatever happened to something called public etiquette. When you know that there are finer ways of expressing disagreement, why use the harshest way possible ? Why try and hurt people who have a difference of opinion. It makes no sense whatsoever.

You'd se that when I disagree with stuff, I try to maintain control of my language. Stronger points of disagreement are usually followed by ques like "No intention to hurt you, but....". Many these days fail to understand how to tackle disagreement tactfully, which is just sad, IMO .

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 10-09-2014 at 09:53 PM..

Old 10-09-2014, 10:17 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Started tearing in to the Jeep's frame the other day.

This is going to suck. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships