Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 07:30 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times

Advertisements

Harold Hamm offers $975 mln divorce check; ex-wife rejects it.

Talk about a greedy woman. I bet someone makes a thread on this in the near future.

Artemis: I'm a little unsure. i did go to work today, but i still haven't kicked enough of it out to feel "good" again.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:34 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Harold Hamm offers $975 mln divorce check; ex-wife rejects it.

Talk about a greedy woman. I bet someone makes a thread on this in the near future..

That woman is ridiculous. What does she expect? That sum of money is more than fair and will keep her cush for the rest of her days. I don't care how much he is worth or how much he owns, $975 mill is obscene amount of money.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Harlod Hamm needs a Raena.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:47 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Several of you have been on this board for years. What do you think when you see something you posted many moons ago? Have you always had the same opinions? Sometimes I see old posts of mine in resurrected threads ... I sounded so much nicer then.

What happened to the fat hag thread? That was a winner.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:53 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Several of you have been on this board for years. What do you think when you see something you posted many moons ago? Have you always had the same opinions? Sometimes I see old posts of mine in resurrected threads ... I sounded so much nicer then.

Is it gone? I made one reply and never looked back or went back. That poster was beyond something else.

er, sometimes it is best to be able to call the landlord, trust me on this one and being a landlord is not all peaches and cream and you really don't make a lot of money from it unless you have a lot of property and most of it is paid off.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:17 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
I am finding my opinions changing. I expect that to happen as I get a bit older.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:39 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I am finding my opinions changing. I expect that to happen as I get a bit older.
I don't think my opinions have changed much since I was about 10, I disliked most of humanity then and I don't like most of them much more now. I am quite jaded, opinionated and very straight forward and so many take that as having no compassion or empathy. That is not true I have plenty of compassion and empathy just not for those who refuse to acknowledge they are part of whatever problem exist, especially in a relationship.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:46 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
I've learned to use some prudence. I am finding that there are times when I should have taken some stricter action. I don't put up with a whole lot of BS. I've also made my case strong enough there where no one will argue with me.

When you show them options, funny how their tune changes.

There are times when I have been blunt. I am not afraid to take a stand to the point that it makes me unpopular. I've taken a stand where family won't talk to me. My choice. Someone threatens to "kick my ass" it is on. If I would have been thinking when the brothers wife made that thread. I should have just said "you do not ever threaten me. If you do it again I will answer your threat in kind, in spades."

I have found that I have been wrong too.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:11 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I want a house with a library and office rolled into one.
I would LOVE an office! Well, what I really want is a first floor office, if I could be picky. Right now my "office" is the couch and coffee table in our family room. I spread out all my papers there when I've got work to do, which is usually nightly. I think I'd like a fair amount of bookshelves, a nice desk, a 5 drawer file cabinet, a work table, a TV and a love seat.

Quote:

I sometimes think I sound smarter, and nicer. I've become jaded by all the fools that post on here now.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:19 PM

52,274 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:

One of the things that jump out at me when I see a post from 3 or 4 yrs ago dug up is that sometimes I didn't communicate my thoughts very well, or I could have written my response a little more eloquently, I think in some ways CD has improved my writing/communicating skills.

I don't think I sound anymore or less jaded, maybe I do, cause this place is really getting sort of boring to me as of late, I mostly just come around for chat, if they ever close it up, I'll probably move on or at least visit rarely.

The same topics rehashed over and over by the same people, it would seem anyway.

The levels of bitterness is se here just doesn't jive with what I see in real life, so either people can be more honest here or it's the vocal minority screaming over the more normal people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships