Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2014, 06:55 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Pretty kitty.
I researched posting videos here and it appears the only option is a link.
So I would have to upload it to youtube I guess...

Okay...here's 3 more pics...

Zack (orange kitty, he just turned 6), Finn (Possessed doggie...he's 4) and Pippin', the bunny who is a year old (just for you SD).

Last edited by *Sixy*; 10-12-2014 at 06:07 PM..

Old 09-14-2014, 06:56 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

Zack (orange kitty, he just turned 6), Finn (Possessed doggie...he's 4) and Pippin', the bunny who is a year old (just for you SD).
Handsome pup and lovely cat. Lucky bunny.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:57 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,214,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Wow, that was a reaction. You like trains, Adi?
My entire purpose of coming to CD was to start a railroading forum. My earliest threads were mostly on Expanding rail in american cities. Commuter rail and regional rail expansion were always big on my list. I also wanted more high rise cantanery's to be erected across mainlines in the US so that electric locomotives could haul trains at higher speeds, thereby providing competition with highways for travel around 500 miles. Its a much cheaper alternative to HSR, but gets the job done. The fact that they are high rise also allows for double stack freights to power through at the nominal Maximum permissible speed of 72 mph. The Brand new Siemens ACS 64 tops out at 135 mph, and can be used in intercity lines between cities provided cantanery and some track upgrades are done .

OK, so these are just plans. I also had an interview with UP a few days ago, and after discussing career credentials, me and the interviewer spoke quite a bit about trains.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Love the kitty pic.

I miss our kitty.

When he first passed I found myself at the grocery store standing in the pet food aisle looking at his favorite flavors of food. I got myself choked up a few times, I had to stop going down that aisle.
I will be a total basket case when my furbabies pass. I was a blubbering fool when my 2 little guinea pigs died years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hickory View Post
She's beautiful!!

Very very nice looking Mrs. Kitty!
Thanks Hick!

Old 09-14-2014, 07:00 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
My entire purpose of coming to CD was to start a railroading forum. My earliest threads were mostly on Expanding rail in american cities. Commuter rail and regional rail expansion were always big on my list.

I also wanted more high rise cantanery's to be erected across mainlines in the US so that electric locomotives could haul trains at higher speeds, thereby providing competition with highways for travel around 500 miles. Its a much cheaper alternative to HSR, but gets the job done. The fact that they are high rise also allows for double stack freights to power through at the nominal Maximum permissible speed of 72 mph.

The Brand new Siemens ACS 64 tops out at 135 mph, and can be used in intercity lines between cities provided cantanery and some track upgrades are done .
Haha, really?

Where's Mags? I'm sure he'll want to get in on this.

Chow's entire purpose of coming to CD in the first place, and then dragging me along, was looking around for housing in different areas.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:01 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
A friend told me about this place. Bless her.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:01 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,567,603 times
Quote:

Seems so.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:03 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,567,603 times
Quote:
I will be a total basket case when my furbabies pass. I was a blubbering fool when my 2 little guinea pigs died years ago.

Thanks Hick!
Softie.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Haha, really?

Chow's entire purpose of coming to CD in the first place, and then dragging me along, was looking around for housing in different areas.
There was a little guy in my class 2yrs ago that was fascinated with trains. He knew everything about them and he'd go on and on about the rail systems in the US. Kind of cute coming from an 8yr old...lol

I came here after I had been living in our new area...I don't remember what I was looking for, but I posted in my local board for a while before finding this board.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:04 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,214,087 times
Quote:
Haha, really?

I'm serious, I really want to put at least a percentage of these plans to work. Its high time we build a nationalized public transit system which is reliable and sustainable. Believe it or not, thats the future of american intercity travel. Did you know that 30% of the flights can be eliminated by faster trains thereby mitigating the issue of excess capacity ? I wanted use CD as a waypoint to push my ideas and plans into public view and collect opinions from everyday residents. Sadly, that backfired quite badly , at least in the NJ forum. Atlanta forum is showing more optimism though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships