Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 06:46 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree, the same could be said for men like that.

I'm gonna get some flack probably for this, but I think a lot of people keep themselves overly-busy to not participate in their lives, or as a way of not being alone time much with their own thoughts.

Being busy is the same as being a workaholic, the last of the vices that are socially acceptable still......

You're busy, right, you must be doing something productive.

This is just my opinion, of course.

I agree with this... but my busyness includes a lot of down time to myself to think, which everyone already knows I do in excess . That is something I make sure and have time for or I'd lose my mind, and I totally agree with the idea that is a lack of "participation" in life without this; you DO, but you don't PROCESS. It's a way of avoiding feelings too. I don't consider a few hours a day in thought to be "doing nothing" or unproductive though. That's why I have to be careful not to overload myself with commitments, because that time is as necessary for me as breathing and eating. I WILL begin to resent something when it interferes with this, and at times when basic life demands are pressing, the logical thing is to drop communication with people I have no real obligation to. So dating gets put on the back burner, as far as active effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 12:42 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I just wish busy women would stay the hell away from online dating. My experience lately has been this so far with ever woman I've met online:

1. Seems nice at first, but is hiding some major baggage, issues, or just plain nuts. I had one woman really want to meet me. She told me she had parkinson's disease. Then later, she said she lied to me about it. She was perfectly healthy but wanted to see if I would bail at her news. Thankfully I never gave her my phone number.

2. They are extremely busy in their life especially if they have kids. Maybe time for a date once a month. I can go days without hearing from them on text message, and if I complain then suddenly I'm the bad guy for not understanding that they have a busy life.

It's just not fair for guys to invest time into even responding to a profile when the reality is that the woman has too much going on for any kind of relationship. But they want a guy to be ready to jump at a moment's notice if they get a free night.
Have you considered the rule of common denominator? You are saying that a whole group of women are acting in one particular way. Yet many other people are not having the same experience at all. So what is the common denominator then?

Why it is you. This could simply be a "Its not them it is me" situation. You are misogynistic enough, for example, to declare that a whole group of women should stay away from online dating. Why should they? Because you DECREE it to be so? Coupled with your lack of any empathy for the fact that some women simply do have busy lives and this is WHY they have to use online dating rather than the more time consuming "natural" methods of meeting a partner.

Given your attitudes towards women displayed here, coupled with your lack of any empathy for the situations people in a modern world find themselves, I would be more inclined to suggest the way women are responding to you is because of who YOU are, not who THEY are.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:18 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,964,064 times
I am so busy I don't even have time for OLD.. I do ILD ( in line dating). Trying to get a date from the queue of male customers that are standing in front of me.
But wait... It gets even more pathetic. I am selling theses men airline ticket so that they can leave town!

Last edited by Sydney123; 09-23-2014 at 05:30 PM..

Old 09-23-2014, 06:20 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
" Why do Busy Busy Women Bother with Online Dating?"

And why do men who are afraid to have a real relationship bothering with online dating?

Old 09-23-2014, 06:27 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
" Why do Busy Busy Women Bother with Online Dating?"

And why do men who are afraid to have a real relationship bothering with online dating?
Woah.. you must have had some bad experiences. Want to share them?

Old 09-23-2014, 06:42 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
In reality, the only way a single mother who works has time to date is if someone else is babysitting. IMHO, avoid single mothers. All she is looking for is someone else to help with the babysitting, childcare, chores at home, and paying for it all. She really has no time for you now, and probably will never have time for you. You will always come last, after the job, her children, and probably even her mother and family.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:51 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
In reality, the only way a single mother who works has time to date is if someone else is babysitting. IMHO, avoid single mothers. All she is looking for is someone else to help with the babysitting, childcare, chores at home, and paying for it all. She really has no time for you now, and probably will never have time for you. You will always come last, after the job, her children, and probably even her mother and family.

Umm, kids can be left alone after a certain age, you know?
Also, they can be left at their father's, grandparents', etc...

Old 09-23-2014, 06:53 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,872 times
The bio father might be in the picture as well, watching the kids on the weekends or whatever. Picture isn't always so gloomy for smoms and dating.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:32 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
as long as the kids are Older school age like 14 and 15 it should not be too much of a problem

Old 09-23-2014, 08:13 PM

3 posts, read 25,625 times
Try to empathize with the women here, please! The woman with Parkinsons probably has it really tough dating as men make so many snap judgements! She just wanted you to get to know her first, At least she told you pretty up front!

The women with kids genuinely ARE more busy. However, as women we're told to also let the man chase and not be too available. So I would say give it some time and don't expect an instant relationship

There are TONS of great single women out there who want a caring, attentive guy (I am one of them! ) It is true that women have a Lot of obligations.. we're expected to have careers and to have a full social life and also look great/stay fit (that's a TALL order!) so just because a woman is busy doesn't mean she's not dateable.. it just means she's getting to know you gradually to see if you and her are a good match.. my advice.. if you like a woman- give it some time. If someone is really not interested, they will not accept a date
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships