Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 07:34 PM

104 posts, read 141,829 times

Advertisements

Ugh. I've posted about this guy before but he continues to baffle me. I dated him for about a month before i moved. The last week I was there he kinda fell off the face of the earth. A couple weeks later, when I was in my new city about 1.5 hours away he started contacting me a few times a week over a few months now to catch up. The thing is, whenever I initiate contact with him, he replies with short answers and doesn't attempt to carry on the conversation. When he contacts me first he has plenty to say

Anyway I visit his city often. I have not seen him even though he often asks me to. This weekend I let him know I was there and we made plans to meet up because we were both going to be out on the town. I never heard from him! Around 3 am he texts me and apologized and said he just got in and his phone died and he was really sorry and if I was free the next day. I didn't answer. He sent me another text today with another apology and I have yet to respond.

I'm really confused by his behavior because I really do like this guy. Should I just be upfront and ask him how he feels about me or would this make me look desperate/ insecure? I still don't know if he is interested in pursuing a relationship or just some type of hookup situation. We have never slept together and he hasn't pressured me, i'm just not getting what he wants from me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 07:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Nope just blow him off when he text you.Seems he is banging another chick.You are back-up.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:41 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
I am not sure what is so confusing to you.
He texts you on occasion and at 3am and you wonder if he really likes you?

One's phone battery can and in fact does die however, I have yet to know a phone batter that takes 2 weeks or several hours to charge.

I would wonder why he thinks it is okay to text you at 3:00 am though, I would have been quite unhappy about that in itself.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:44 PM

Thanks for your replies. I guess I'll be deleting his #

Old 09-21-2014, 07:44 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,086 times
He's hedging his bets. You get put on the backburner unless something else doesn't pan out.

Don't text him anymore.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I am not sure what is so confusing to you.
He texts you on occasion and at 3am and you wonder if he really likes you?

One's phone battery can and in fact does die however, I have yet to know a phone batter that takes 2 weeks or several hours to charge.

I would wonder why he thinks it is okay to text you at 3:00 am though, I would have been quite unhappy about that in itself.
Well we were both out on the town. Clubs don't close until 3:00 am. He knows I'm usually out later than that because sometimes my friends and I will go grab a bite to eat or something. He asked if I was still out...I think he went home to charge his phone and was gonna meet up with us.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:49 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,490,893 times
Ok obviously the only people giving you advice here are female. Send a text. It's free, and you might actually get a response you like. If not oh well! Take a quick shot. This is legit like a five second, no risk thing.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:50 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Who knows what's really going on.

It does seem like he's stringing you along a bit though.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
He's hedging his bets. You get put on the backburner unless something else doesn't pan out.

Don't text him anymore.
Yea...I had a feeling he was doing that too. I just didnt want to admit it to myself.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:11 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
You are not a priority to him.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships