Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 07:44 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Be careful what you read into what I said..
If I've read correctly, you're still married and your wife supports you.
You do not want to leave her unless you can go right to another 'sure thing'.
Lady in question could also support you.
How do you think you appear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 08:09 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,732 posts, read 58,079,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
as mentioned... "sly (silver) fox" (just guessing)

Men tend to read a whole lot between the lines.

Women tend to have a whole lot of content between the lines (that men can't read...)

as per OP I may never know for sure. More appropriately "I will never know for sure. " yes, very true, you will never know! rest assured of that!~

How long should I wait before approaching widow lady ? depends... but in this case is very clear... forever is a good start.
Wish her well and bid her ad-due.
All parties in this triangle / ex-four-some will benefit from that choice.

Some would say... "we do have to answer in the end". (hard to swallow)
Sweet dreams

Old 09-23-2014, 08:16 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,943,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
If I've read correctly, you're still married and your wife supports you.
You do not want to leave her unless you can go right to another 'sure thing'.
Lady in question could also support you.
Service businesses have little or no hard assists.its what you make of it everyday when you turn on the computer, to severe your customers. I started this business over 40 years ago. I retired early ( bad mistake ) and she took over, doing well if not better than I. I tried other means of income the last ten years, including the markets.( commodities) as well as an eBay store which brought in over a million dollars in profit one of the years..mostly selling my own stuff I collected over forty years.....stupid me I co mingled every source of income....and the last recession did take it's toll on both of us, there were 2 or 3 tough years.....remember I own 50 per cent of the Cororation......At this point I am not very interested in starting a new business, at 73., so yes it would be nice to wind up with someone who has wealth, we never know how long we will live, this applys to all......sure things do not exist, don't dependentd on such or YOU will be the fool

Old 09-23-2014, 08:20 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,732 posts, read 58,079,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post

Sweet dreams
Consider if you really care for her... you will ultimately want the best for her.
I would not consider many of us are capable of passing that test, but knowing that someone else CAN... it is best to leave in their hands and not 'direct' the lives of others.

just saying... (BTDT) and caused adequate grief as a result.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:22 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,746,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
6 months is way too soon. even a year isn't long enough. give her her space she doesn't need someone coming on to her while she is grieving. if you can't be around her without being "uncomfortable" then don't hang around.
Or you could be like my old reprobate father (now deceased) who would attend the funerals of the husbands, so he could have an opportunity to ask the wealthy widow ladies out for lunch. He always told me that his technique was highly successful.

Then again, that is one of the benefits of being "the last man standing" in a town full of widows. Weeks before he passed at age 92, he was still chasing the old ladies.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
as mentioned... "sly (silver) fox" (just guessing)

Men tend to read a whole lot between the lines.

Women tend to have a whole lot of content between the lines (that men can't read...)

as per OP I may never know for sure. More appropriately "I will never know for sure. " yes, very true, you will never know! rest assured of that!~

How long should I wait before approaching widow lady ? depends... but in this case is very clear... forever is a good start.

Sweet dreams
Guess what, I am very attractive or " cute" as the gals put it, I HAVE been told .....and that started many many years ago. I also have been quite successful in business and at one time considered a great catch ! ( less belly then ). Married three times, honest, trustworthy, comes when called, creative, what more could you want?
As far as "slick", that's not me, haven't seen a barber in over 40 years, and now what's left on top is only blond( white depending) and curly .Got baby blue eyes.......ya there was a time I could talk to pants off many ladies, and I did. I write , several book in print and enjoy the finer things afforded to me. A non drinker quit cigars years ago and am in reasonable health, I love to talk, especially to the ladies, so , I guess guilty charged..

Old 09-23-2014, 08:43 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,419,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Guess what, I am very attractive or " cute" as the gals put it, I HAVE been told .....and that started many many years ago. I also have been quite successful in business and at one time considered a great catch ! ( less belly then ). Married three times, honest, trustworthy, comes when called, creative, what more could you want?
As far as "slick", that's not me, haven't seen a barber in over 40 years, and now what's left on top is only blond( white depending) and curly .Got baby blue eyes.......ya there was a time I could talk to pants off many ladies, and I did. I write , several book in print and enjoy the finer things afforded to me. A non drinker quit cigars years ago and am in reasonable health, I love to talk, especially to the ladies, so , I guess guilty charged..
There is nothing honest or trustworthy about someone who talks down about his wife, won't divorce her because of money, and wants to pursue a widow who is wealthy because they think she is a sure thing.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Consider if you really care for her... you will ultimately want the best for her.
I would not consider many of us are capable of passing that test, but knowing that someone else CAN... it is best to leave in their hands and not 'direct' the lives of others.

just saying... (BTDT) and caused adequate grief as a result.
Long standing friendship is worth than that, or more than just about anything.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:53 AM

223 posts, read 300,406 times
I don't know the laws in your state. If it is an community property state, then you would be entitled to half of everything...including what money your wife has put away and half of her big purchases. It doesn't matter that you are not working and she still is. If it were the opposite situation, she would get half of what you brought in. You should get a really good lawyer and divide up everything...and live separately. You can get an order to freeze your bank accounts so that she cannot hurt the business financially. Don't add to the issue by bringing another woman into the scene.

The widow is no doubt not going to be interested in you if you are still living with your wife...even though you say you are estranged. Also, if she is your wife's close friend, she probably is not going to be interested in you, at least at this time. She also might have received an earful from your wife.

By calling you a "silver tongue devil," my personal impression is that she has picked up on the sly nuances behind your words and doesn't think it is appropriate considering you are still married.

Everyone grieves differently. I have lost two members of my immediate family in the last 6 weeks. I'm still breaking down in tears on the spur of the moment, but people who know me say that I seem to be doing great because I am a private person and don't share my feelings that easily.

On the other hand, I have a friend who lost her brother last year. She told me that she was over her grief and ready to move on within two weeks. My point is, you can't really tell how this widow is feeling. I would lighten up on your "silver tongue" for awhile. Give her time and space to grieve. If you really want this lady, get divorced, live separately, and then see how she feels.

One more tip, stop calling your wife "the wife." That is very disrespectful to women.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
There is nothing honest or trustworthy about someone who talks down about his wife, won't divorce her because of money, and wants to pursue a widow who is wealthy because they think she is a sure thing.
First I have NOT talked " down" about my wife. I stayed by her side years ago through Brest cancer, and recovery. We had great times traveling the world, still do in a lesser personal way. I would only pursue our best friend, romantically , if it was OK with them first....what kind of person do you think I am ?.....no, please don't answer that !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships