Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2014, 07:29 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,974,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
What bee got under your bonnet ? This has got out of hand with so many trying to paint a picture that does not exist...The widow lady has been a personal friend for twenty five years. I have no intentions of changing that relationship.....the next move would be hers and I do not see anything happen for the next year.....you know it's quite possible she will never want another guy. I do hope she finds someone down the road, as that is what she does , share the ongoing life experiences with people she loves.
Wait a minute here...you were the one who originally posted "how long should I wait before approaching widow lady." On top of complaining about current wife. Now you are denying that you have any "intentions." Are you pulling our leg?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 07:34 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,942,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Yes, mistresses are quite pricey. You have to give them the best. Diamonds and furs and all the rest. I'd keep my hand on my wallet if I were you. Find a wholesome farm girl....after you're single.
Ya, that remark by my Internist was obviously made as he reviewed my file. Remember this has been going on a long while , it's in my medical history......I told my wife what he said when I got home , she showed no emotion , nor did she comment.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Wait a minute here...you were the one who originally posted "how long should I wait before approaching widow lady." On top of complaining about current wife. Now you are denying that you have any "intentions." Are you pulling our leg?
You must read all my posts , it's perfectly clear. The original thread WAS about " approaching a widow lady" that's true. I was fantasizing the possibilities weeks before as I knew I would be spending several days with her, just the 2 of us . We had a great time together, I sort of felt like a big brother, a protector, I fixed several things around her house that needed a mans attention. ( as she requested ). ...I knew the whole thread would get out of control once someone posted my marital problems, now it's so intertwined , as I figured.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
You must read all my posts , it's perfectly clear. The original thread WAS about " approaching a widow lady" that's true. I was fantasizing the possibilities weeks before as I knew I would be spending several days with her, just the 2 of us . We had a great time together, I sort of felt like a big brother, a protector, I fixed several things around her house that needed a mans attention. ( as she requested ). ...I knew the whole thread would get out of control once someone posted my marital problems, now it's so intertwined , as I figured.
May I ask, only out of curiosity, what the "common interest" is that holds the three of you together that you would spend several days alone together with said widow?

Old 09-23-2014, 08:25 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
You see the simple way to" solve" the problem is for me to remain unfulfilled in my current relationship and carry on as has been standard . I guess there is still a glimmer of hope, as she said the last time I brought this up , " you know I may change and want to be with you again " There did not seem to be any conditions attached to that......nor exploring my own emotions if I would even want her anyway when it comes to sex and romance.....and there goes my self respect is that not true. ? Last , if you have read all my posts you would know I have no intentions of " upgrading" the friendship with the Widow no more than it is today.
Not for nothing darstar but I spent the better part of an afternoon break reading all your posts in this particular thread, which you started, seeking advice, experiences, and reviews from your fellow cd members concerning the time frame for approaching a recently (6 months according to you) widowed friend (25 year old friendship with her and her husband if I am not mistaken) for a potential relationship.

What I did not know when I began reading this 'treatise' was that you are married; no, I did not know that because A) you failed to mention that in your initial monologue and only found out because B)another member brought it up and 'reminded' you that you were a married man otherwise I would not have known at all, and C) I never indicated that "the simple way to" solve" the problem" would be for you to remain unfulfilled in your current relationship and carry on as has been standard." I never said that at all. I did say that you may be surprised at the married people who do live in marriages without intimate relations.

Quote:
Many older men have a mistress, and most likely the same reasons. If nothing else it retains some level of self respect As to my wife not going along......that may have changed, stay tuned!
Where is this going?

Quote:
What bee got under your bonnet ? This has got out of hand with so many trying to paint a picture that does not exist...The widow lady has been a personal friend for twenty five years. I have no intentions of changing that relationship.....the next move would be hers and I do not see anything happen for the next year.....you know it's quite possible she will never want another guy. I do hope she finds someone down the road, as that is what she does , share the ongoing life experiences with people she loves.
Quote:
Great question and thank you newenglandgirl, as I was beginning to question my ability to follow all the twists and turns on this thread not to mention my reading comprehension skills.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
May I ask, only out of curiosity, what the "common interest" is that holds the three of you together that you would spend several days alone together with said widow?
Sure , it involves touring in very old autos/ events / history / restoration/ a life long passion....ask Jay Leno. Thats as far as I wish to go here.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Sure , it involves touring in very old autos/ events / history / restoration/ a life long passion....ask Jay Leno. Thats as far as I wish to go here.
Do you think that widow lady and wife would abandon their friendship together in the event you have an affair?

Old 09-23-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Where was wife during the tour? My guess is she probably knows your sentiments. Time for a talk.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Not for nothing darstar but I spent the better part of an afternoon break reading all your posts in this particular thread, which you started, seeking advice, experiences, and reviews from your fellow cd members concerning the time frame for approaching a recently (6 months according to you) widowed friend (25 year old friendship with her and her husband if I am not mistaken) for a potential relationship.

What I did not know when I began reading this 'treatise' was that you are married; no, I did not know that because A) you failed to mention that in your initial monologue and only found out because B)another member brought it up and 'reminded' you that you were a married man otherwise I would not have known at all, and C) I never indicated that "the simple way to" solve" the problem" would be for you to remain unfulfilled in your current relationship and carry on as has been standard." I never said that at all. I did say that you may be surprised at the married people who do live in marriages without intimate relations.

Where is this going?

Great question and thank you newenglandgirl, as I was beginning to question my ability to follow all the twists and turns on this thread not to mention my reading comprehension skills.
There is a little bit of all this in everyone. I have no exclusive here, and there is also a lust for following the Soaps, often wishing for different outcomes, villains, Hero's and bystanders. The bottom line it's a sad place to be.......

Old 09-23-2014, 09:05 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
There is a little bit of all this in everyone. I have no exclusive here, and there is also a lust for following the Soaps, often wishing for different outcomes, villains, Hero's and bystanders. The bottom line it's a sad place to be.......
Maybe...

The tragedy of this world is that no one is happy, whether stuck in a time of pain or of joy. The tragedy of this world is that everyone is alone. For a life in the past cannot be shared with the present. Each person who gets stuck in time gets stuck alone.

Alan Lightman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships