Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 08:06 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
But I love him and he doesn't have kids. There's the problem.
That doesn't make him your best option. He is going to go down and bring you with him.

I met a man online who was perfect for me. Unlike you, I did not want a man who was never married and had no kids. That is what I actually wanted. Someone who had been married with children.

I found what you were looking for. A man who had never been married and who has no children.

They are out there.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:09 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Is she going to pay for it?

Old 09-29-2014, 08:15 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
This is smelling more and more like a anti-single people with children rant account than a sincere poster. I have struggle believing that anyone that thinks they're a prize like the OP does thinks an active alcholic that lives with his mother (in his middle aged years) is a better catch than a divorced dad with his life in order.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:21 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
This is smelling more and more like a anti-single people with children rant account than a sincere poster. I have struggle believing that anyone that thinks they're a prize like the OP does thinks an active alcholic that lives with his mother (in his middle aged years) is a better catch than a divorced dad with his life in order.
I understand where the OP comes from in as far as what Catholicism teaches and its rules, she then should be VERY VERY VERY PATIENT and find a Single/Annulled Man without children with their life in some sought of order even if he's in a period of unemployment (common these days) but is a worker non-slacker type with a head on his shoulders.

However marriage these days is imho.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:22 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
If it was a brand new poster I would agree with you but IDDY has been a broken record about this topic for over a year now. I think she's just a sad older woman who has this mental block in her head and is now reaping what she has sowed. Countless posters have tried to help her understand and she has refused to even entertain the idea that a man with kids could be a good option. So instead of choosing an awesome never married guy with no kids she has this alcoholic loser that she's fallen in love with. Sad but she's an adult and can make her own horrible choices in life.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:11 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
If it was a brand new poster I would agree with you but IDDY has been a broken record about this topic for over a year now. I think she's just a sad older woman who has this mental block in her head and is now reaping what she has sowed. Countless posters have tried to help her understand and she has refused to even entertain the idea that a man with kids could be a good option. So instead of choosing an awesome never married guy with no kids she has this alcoholic loser that she's fallen in love with. Sad but she's an adult and can make her own horrible choices in life.
It comes down to the devil she knows, rather than the devil she doesn't know, and she seems brainwashed by her Church somehow. I was raised in a devout Catholic household and even my Irish grandmother would not have looked down on a divorced person like the OP does. IDDY claims to have all these standards and requirements, yet her current SO is worse than any of them.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
It comes down to the devil she knows, rather than the devil she doesn't know, and she seems brainwashed by her Church somehow. I was raised in a devout Catholic household and even my Irish grandmother would not have looked down on a divorced person like the OP does. IDDY claims to have all these standards and requirements, yet her current SO is worse than any of them.

I get it too, coming from a very Boston Irish Catholic family, my mom rejected my dad when he proposed because he wasn't Catholic. He converted (which took a long time then) and re-proposed.

If a church or a religion is getting in the way of you being happy, there is something seriously wrong IMO.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
I get it too, coming from a very Boston Irish Catholic family, my mom rejected my dad when he proposed because he wasn't Catholic. He converted (which took a long time then) and re-proposed.

If a church or a religion is getting in the way of you being happy, there is something seriously wrong IMO.
IMHO it doesn't need to be in the way if she's patient and will get what she seeks eventually. Nobody said it was easy to potentially find an SO.

I don't have such headaches as I don't bother playing the game.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
IMHO it doesn't need to be in the way if she's patient and will get what she seeks eventually. Nobody said it was easy to potentially find an SO.

I don't have such headaches as I don't bother playing the game.

Or she won't. If people are going to have regimented standards that are inflexible due to external rules, they're going to have to accept they very well are going to more likely be alone (due to constricting artificially the pool) and they may be alone for ever. It's a martyr thing. Yeah, I'm alone and miserable, but I didn't break any rules!!

Congratulations.

Old 09-29-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Or she won't. If people are going to have regimented standards that are inflexible due to external rules, they're going to have to accept they very well are going to more likely be alone (due to constricting artificially the pool) and they may be alone for ever. It's a martyr thing. Yeah, I'm alone and miserable, but I didn't break any rules!!

Congratulations.

If one values their religion this is the price.

Life isn't perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships