Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 10:00 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times

Advertisements

You are in a relationship if you have this child.

You may not get married, you may not date, but he will be in your life for at least 18 years. Get used to that fact. It sounds like he is trying to do "right by you" and take care of his soon to be child.

If you try and cut him out of that, he can press you for a right to see his child.

You will have a relationship, whether you like that or not. Get used to him being around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 10:00 PM

28 posts, read 39,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
So it is unrealistic to actually think about 1) whether or not you want to have sex or 2) whether or not it is a good idea to have sex?

Why is it unrealistic to use your brain?

What drives your behavior? Your brain or your hormones?
When I'm in the mood I do get a bit crazy, as does everyone. I don't spend a lot of time talking about sex because I'd rather be doing it. If I'm dating someone and we both want to, then it's a split second decision. Do we want to? Check. Condoms? Check.

I just don't spend a lot of time mulling over the details of sex. For me it's about what feels right in the moment. Honestly.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:05 PM

52,274 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatamievendoing View Post
When I'm in the mood I do get a bit crazy, as does everyone. I don't spend a lot of time talking about sex because I'd rather be doing it. If I'm dating someone and we both want to, then it's a split second decision. Do we want to? Check. Condoms? Check.

I just don't spend a lot of time mulling over the details of sex. For me it's about what feels right in the moment. Honestly.
Kiss that shyt goodbye when the bun is done cooking.....

Old 10-04-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
That's true. But you're talking about being traditional, but you're sleeping around, yet you never thought you'd end up pregnant out of wedlock? I find that unrealistic. Some people sure. They sleep around alot, and are lucky to have no unwanted pregnancies. But the risk is still obvious and there, particularly when using only condoms alone. That's what alot of HS kids do, and we have all these teen pregnancies.

Nobody is saying marry him off that bat. That is a bad idea. But date and hang out with him, and give him a chance. If you date for a bit, and still feel it's not there, tell him calmly "I enjoy spending time with you, but I am just not feeling us, romantically, but i'd like to remain on good terms and co parent our son." Then it's on him.

But you're dismissing him after 1 or 2 dates, and sex. Get to know him. Falling in love, and even getting to know and trust someone takes time-definitely longer than 2 sex sessions. Seems you went in thinking it was casual, and now, you're determined to keep it there, despite his efforts, and counting him out before even really starting.

Not all couples like all the same stuff.
I feel like I'm responsible. Have I been reckless before? Yes but not normally. I don't sleep around, I have my dates use condoms and I get tested. No, never expected a pregnancy. I had never had any scares. I was surprised as condoms have a high prevention rate.

I'm not SUPER traditional but I did want a family in a certain order. But what's done is done.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:06 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,295 times
Quote:

Then why dont you feel the right thing to do is to marry the guy? The baby will be born legitimate, and you might be able to stay home with for a bit before you divorce him and return to work.

He isnt getting out of supporting the kid, and you arent getting out of seeing him for the next 18 to 22 years, at least.

You say you are sexual and the guy was good in that way...I dont understand the issue.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Kiss that shyt goodbye when the bun is done cooking.....
I meant sexually, not in general.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Then why dont you feel the right thing to do is to marry the guy? The baby will be born legitimate, and you might be able to stay home with for a bit before you divorce him and return to work.

He isnt getting out of supporting the kid, and you arent getting out of seeing him for the next 18 to 22 years, at least.

You say you are sexual and the guy was good in that way...I dont understand the issue.
?? You think great sex is all a relationship needs?? Yes it's good but it's not everything.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:09 PM

52,274 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
I meant sexually, not in general.
Still applies.

There's a saying.

There are known knowns.

Known unknowns

Unknown unknowns.

You, my friend, are sitting on top of a unknown unknown...... kids are a lot tougher than you're gonna know...

Old 10-04-2014, 10:09 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,295 times
Meh, it's probably good for him to wait before marrying you. Get that paternity test done, so he knows for a fact its his. Cheer up! You might just end up off the hook for a relationship with him afterall.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Meh, it's probably good for him to wait before marrying you. Get that paternity test done, so he knows for a fact its his. Cheer up! You might just end up off the hook for a relationship with him afterall.
It's his. I said he was free to request a dna test. I have been truthful. He's the only man I was with around that time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships