Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 02:19 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ford38 View Post
Don't feel bad I didn't get a date until I was 38 and they had the nerve to say I was cute lol. .
"Nerve"? Dude, "cute" is good in womanspeak. It's usually a compliment. No wonder you're having trouble. You don't have enough experience with women to know how to translate their lingo. You need a dictionary, lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 02:22 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I'm finding it hard to be positive about my social/dating life. I have been single for a while. How do you guys keep a positive attitude when no one seems interested in you or you have horrible luck in dating? It is literally one of the hardest things I have encountered. Being single for a while has made me a little bitter and angry but I try my best to not look so "down". It takes everything in me to smile and laugh with people I know because I have my s***** dating life on my mind. And I want to appear positive amongst women. What exactly gives off energy to the opposite sex? Body language, posture, facial expressions, etc?

I mainly want guys who have been single for a while to give me insight. Not women who have been single for a week. Thanks
The longer I am single, the more I like it. Don't you start finding more and more hobbies and hang out with more and other single people? After several months you have so much stuff to do on the weekends and have all your things at home a certain way, that I wonder if I can even date again and give all that up.

I have my whole weekends packed with activities that I sometimes totally forget that I rather should go out in the evenings and meet more guys. Of course I dont' want to end up old and alone forever.

Confidence is the key. Be happy in the inside and it will show on the outside = very attractive.

Also, look around - how many people do you see who are stuck in unhappy and unfullfillig relationships? Rather be a happy single!

Old 10-16-2014, 03:04 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
I'd be curious to know what the long-term single folks do for intimacy (not just sex, but everything involved with a romantic relationship). As a single person, I'd say that's one of the most difficult things to cope with.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:21 PM

1,917 posts, read 1,278,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I'd be curious to know what the long-term single folks do for intimacy (not just sex, but everything involved with a romantic relationship). As a single person, I'd say that's one of the most difficult things to cope with.
+1 Truth ^^^^^

Old 10-16-2014, 03:22 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
I have a dog. I takes hours of cuddling until she is annoyed and walks off.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:28 PM

128 posts, read 203,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Yeah, that sounds unusual. OP, be glad you're not married with kids at your age. Half those people or more will be divorced in their 30's. The stats for young marriages are even worse than for the population as a whole.

edit: Dude, you're in Atlanta? You're in dating paradise, according to most other ATL dudes on the forum! We were just discussing that on another thread. Even the women say ATL favors dudes for dating. How active are you in the community? Maybe you need to get involved in some projects or orgs where you can meet people.
A good friend of mine recently got married at 26 and I've heard nothing but complaining since about two months into the marriage. His wife is horrible with money, saves nothing, and frequently makes disrespectful and emasculating remarks toward him that basically say he's not a good provider, though his income is good for his age.

He's a good-looking guy (not that this is necessary) who has always done well with women. Don't get married unless you want children. It's funny when 20-somethings think they're getting old when a man's life doesn't even begin until he's around 30. It's better to be a 30-year-old virgin with money in the bank and good health than to be like many men and have your life ruined by getting screwed in a divorce or child-custody battle, trapped in enormous debt, screw up your health with alcohol/drugs, or get locked up from a false domestic violence or rape accusation. Also, negativity, depression, and stress are silent killers. There's pretty much nothing in life worth any of those three, and a dry spell sure isn't one of them.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:32 PM

128 posts, read 203,199 times
Since you're in a new city and uncomfortable meeting girls, you have a major advantage being "the new guy" and basically forced to talk to people.

Use a script like this with ten girls a day:

-Excuse me, do you know how to get to _______?
- Thanks, I'm visiting from ______. It's so different because ______! Have you ever been to _____?
(insert further conversation or flirting, if necessary)
- You should be my tour guide today/other time. What is your phone number?

You really don't have to say more than that. If you ever feel uncomfortable, feel free to just thank her and move on to the next girl. It helps to start with girls you're not attracted to. Just the act of asking for directions will make you more social with girls, and that momentum moves you forward.

Ten girls a day. Now you have no excuses because it would be impossible for you not to get dates doing this. You're not going to talk to 3,650 girls in a year and not have any of them like you, especially since your confidence will almost immediately go through the roof. In fact, you're more likely to have sex with over 100 girls doing this than to be turned away by all 3,650, but you only need one, just one, to have a girlfriend.

Also, don't jerk off. You may go crazy, but your testosterone will get a big boost and your dating life can only improve.

Good luck.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:32 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
If we're talking emotional rather than physical intimacy, I have friends and family for that. I'm rarely lonely, and i have a great support system. I've often read that this is a difference between many men and women--that for men, having a girlfriend is their only real outlet for emotional support. Women tend to have a wider range of people to call on for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protege View Post
A good friend of mine recently got married at 26 and I've heard nothing but complaining since about two months into the marriage. His wife is horrible with money, saves nothing, and frequently makes disrespectful and emasculating remarks toward him that basically say he's not a good provider, though his income is good for his age.
Why would he marry a woman like that in the first place? I doubt it was marriage that made her a disrespectful spendthrift.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:36 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
If we're talking emotional rather than physical intimacy, I have friends and family for that. I'm rarely lonely, and i have a great support system. I've often read that this is a difference between many men and women--that for men, having a girlfriend is their only real outlet for emotional support. Women tend to have a wider range of people to call on for that.
What about lying with somebody you care about in bed and talking to them, holding them, kissing them? That's what I'm talking about. Those are probably some of the best memories I've had from past relationships.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:44 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
I've been single for years at a time. And yes, I'm a chick. The best thing I can tell you is to build out your life in other areas. If you spend a lot of time watching television and playing video games, find something else to do with your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships