Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 10:39 AM

7,456 posts, read 4,688,527 times

Advertisements

Just say, "Hey look at that, I think we're done talking. Let's go to motel now. . . Just kidding." Then laugh.

See if she laughs back. If not, get the bill and get out. But if she finds it funny, this is a good set up for some Barry White talk. Tell her :

"It feels so good
You sitting here next to me
Oh, what a groove
You have no idea, how it feels
My hands just can't keep still
I think I love you, baby
I just wanna hold you
Run my fingers through your hair"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 02:46 PM

161 posts, read 255,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
Just say, "Hey look at that, I think we're done talking. Let's go to motel now. . . Just kidding." Then laugh.

See if she laughs back. If not, get the bill and get out. But if she finds it funny, this is a good set up for some Barry White talk. Tell her :

"It feels so good
You sitting here next to me
Oh, what a groove
You have no idea, how it feels
My hands just can't keep still
I think I love you, baby
I just wanna hold you
Run my fingers through your hair"
haha, good pick up line.

@all : Thanks for advice.

Old 10-26-2014, 03:23 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
If I cant have a comfortable silence with you, then the whole interaction quality is going to be low. I hate small talk and I dont dig talking just for the sake of talking. Depth over breadth.

Ask questions about me, tell me something about your experiences. Dont ask if Ive seen Angelina Jolies dress. I dont care.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:47 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,567 times
Talk less, listen more. Talk about she is interested in.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:02 PM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atai J. View Post
Talk less, listen more. Talk about she is interested in.
Good life advice... too many people can't shut their damn mouths long enough to hear advice....

It seems to dovetail into our 15 minutes of fame culture that we seem to be in...... no... no one gives a F about what you think or say... LOL... cold hard fact is that most people are boring and having nothing interesting to add/say... not all of course.. but I include myself in that group.. I'm just an average and boring guy....

Old 10-27-2014, 12:17 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's OK to have a silent moment. Don't make a big deal out of it.
yup, sometimes woman like silent moments, could also be she just enjoys being in your presence, like just likin' your sense of security/confidence. and sometimes it could be a test t see if you can handle it too, like to see if you freak over trying to fill the void.

and btw, after you get to know someone, you really should stop trying to feel like you need to keep them entertained cuz that won't help you.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:02 PM

545 posts, read 632,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max100 View Post
Sometimes, when talking a girl I have noticed some silent period between us. Is there any tip to be a smoother communicator ?
Is this before making a call or a date? If it's the first few times I've talked to a girl I'll make a list of topics I want to talk to her about and write them down. Otherwise if I've known her I should just be able to show up.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:08 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max100 View Post
Sometimes, when talking a girl I have noticed some silent period between us. Is there any tip to be a smoother communicator ?
I don't know why it's a problem to have a silent moment with someone you are just getting to know. want to know the psychological or is it sociological? reason for NOT wanting to have a silent moment I mean what's the big deal really?

I don't get it. Maybe just tell her 'I am not a fan of talking.'

That's really me I really am not a fan of talking and silent moments don't bother me so sue me.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:51 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
I don't know why it's a problem to have a silent moment with someone you are just getting to know. want to know the psychological or is it sociological? reason for NOT wanting to have a silent moment I mean what's the big deal really?

I don't get it. Maybe just tell her 'I am not a fan of talking.'

That's really me I really am not a fan of talking and silent moments don't bother me so sue me.
In order to form bonds with others, you have to talk. If this is someone you are just getting to know and you can't be bothered to talk because you don't like it, what impression are you creating? Can't get to know you because it's like pulling teeth to communicate? That, and the other person isn't worth getting to know because you don't want to listen to them talk? With new people, how are you going to connect and learn about each other? Conversation should flow relatively easily with few silent moments.

In established relationship there can be easy silences where you can be together and not say anything, but that comes with time and understanding between two people who are comfortable with each other, not two strangers trying to determine if there's anything to build a relationship on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships