Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 03:00 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times

Advertisements

How do you manage this? Has anyone here had extremely different political views from their significant other/marriage partners?

I know about some famous political odd couples, but this seems like it could be a real issue for long term success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 03:03 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Mrs. Chow and I are about on the opposite end of the spectrum on most things.. I'm extremely analytical, she's very emotionally based... the politics are pretty far off too..... of course we see eye to eye on a lot of issues, but philosophically we're on the opposite end of a lot of issues....

We make it work....

Old 10-25-2014, 03:07 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Just look at those posters on political forum, you should have known this better LOL. They cannot seem to live without each other. Some people like the drama, arguments, etc.

I keep my political views to myself in real life because I live in California.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Just look at those posters on political forum, you should have known this better LOL. They cannot seem to live without each other. Some people like the drama, arguments, etc.

I keep my political views to myself in real life because I live in California.
As I generally do in Tennessee. We should swap states.

The only thing I was thinking was that the sex during a presidential election year would either be nonexistent, or hot as hell.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:15 PM

I swear somebody find their ideal spouse on political forum.

They seem to have this heated passion for each other. (they argue all the time. They must love to argue)

Old 10-25-2014, 03:23 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:

They seem to have this heated passion for each other. (they argue all the time. They must love to argue)
"Get a room!"

Old 10-25-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
"Get a room!"

Who needs a room?

Old 10-25-2014, 03:28 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:

I don't hardly go over there.. I'll dabble a bit in the POC forum. I find that every time I try some kind of test online to see where I stand in the political spectrum, I seem to score a moderate.

Which is odd cause I have some really out there political views on certain subjects.

I think of myself fiscally conservative and socially liberal..... if that makes any sense.

I say legalize all of the "vices" ... I said that one time and my nephew... who is a pot smokin' beatnik type was a aghast..... legalize all dope... legalize all prostitution, legalize gambling... the whole nine..... just f it.... man has been battling those sins since the dawn of time.... if two people want to get together have a good time and a little money changes hands... who the hell am I to judge???????????

Old 10-25-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Who needs a room?
Those people in political forum. LOL arguing non-stop. I am sure you've seen those.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't hardly go over there.. I'll dabble a bit in the POC forum. I find that every time I try some kind of test online to see where I stand in the political spectrum, I seem to score a moderate.

Which is odd cause I have some really out there political views on certain subjects.

I think of myself fiscally conservative and socially liberal..... if that makes any sense.

I say legalize all of the "vices" ... I said that one time and my nephew... who is a pot smokin' beatnik type was a aghast..... legalize all dope... legalize all prostitution, legalize gambling... the whole nine..... just f it.... man has been battling those sins since the dawn of time.... if two people want to get together have a good time and a little money changes hands... who the hell am I to judge???????????
Since this is the relationship forum I have to say that end a relationship over different political views is pretty sad...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships