Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 08:11 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I hope not. All (not most but all) my very close friends are very happily married. So Yes, I have hope.
There is always the hope that you'll find love. Love is a novel concept, and I believe there are different types of love out there. The key is to love yourself for who you are. We all make mistakes, we all grow and change with time in our lives.

I just try and not grow cold with the whole idea of love. I am always open to finding my one, but she has to be one hell of a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 08:12 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
There is always the hope that you'll find love. Love is a novel concept, and I believe there are different types of love out there. The key is to love yourself for who you are. We all make mistakes, we all grow and change with time in our lives.

I just try and not grow cold with the whole idea of love. I am always open to finding my one, but she has to be one hell of a woman.
and let's hope she doesn't gain weight. hahahhahaha

Old 11-03-2014, 08:23 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
and let's hope she doesn't gain weight. hahahhahaha
The weight wasn't the only issue I had with my ex You know that. There was a lot of lying, cheating, and other things that happened.

As I've said on here in other threads, if she had made an effort to keep herself healthy and attractive, then there may not have been all of the issues that we had come up over time.

When I split with her I mentioned 3 things. 1. I wasn't happy with our communication, 2. I wasn't happy with her lies and laziness, 3. I no longer found her attractive.

Lots go into each of those three points, but those three summarized the whole thing. At a party with my sister this weekend, I hear her from across the bonfire "You had 4 kids, you look amazing. My brother left his ex because she gained weight after the first kid, and kept gaining it throughout" I had to yell back, thats not the only damned reason, but no one likes cottage cheese

Old 11-03-2014, 08:25 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
"Old" and "young" people live in different worlds. Young people look at mirrors and see only themselves. Old people look through a 2-way mirror and see their own histories in the lives of the young people in front of them.

Too bad they can't talk with one-another.
Agree.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The weight wasn't the only issue I had with my ex You know that. There was a lot of lying, cheating, and other things that happened.

As I've said on here in other threads, if she had made an effort to keep herself healthy and attractive, then there may not have been all of the issues that we had come up over time.

When I split with her I mentioned 3 things. 1. I wasn't happy with our communication, 2. I wasn't happy with her lies and laziness, 3. I no longer found her attractive.

Lots go into each of those three points, but those three summarized the whole thing. At a party with my sister this weekend, I hear her from across the bonfire "You had 4 kids, you look amazing. My brother left his ex because she gained weight after the first kid, and kept gaining it throughout" I had to yell back, thats not the only damned reason, but no one likes cottage cheese
We all have our stories to tell. We all get dumped, we all have our hearts broken. But we move on and hope there is somebody waiting for us in the near future.

When my ex died, I thought i would never find true love again. I remember I told my counselor, "I've never thought I could have find him, he is so perfect in every way. and the most amazing part is that he picked me to love. Now, he is gone. what am I going to do?" She said, "Well, you never though an amazing guy like him could come to your life, but he did exist and picked you. What makes you think you cannot find somebody equally amazing? Never say never."

I understand your feeling for your ex, my brother in law (well ex bil) had a long talk with me and he said "I know you will always hate me because I hurt somebody you love and I am not being honest, but you will never know what I have sacrificed in that relationship. Your sister is not somebody very easy to live with."

Well, I will never "like" my ex brother in law, but I am sad that he is no longer part of us. I don't know why. He has slept with the color of rainbow and had called my sister one of those vanilla folks. I hate him for that. I hate him for making my sister feel so bad about herself. She is a beautiful woman. well, maybe not the classic beauty, but she is all that in my eyes. I dont understand why can't he just treat her with some kind of respect.

Maybe one day I will get what he is saying. For now, I have the right to dislike him.

I do know that he never loved my sister, he lost attraction, I get all of that. i don't judge him for that. But I do judge him for disrespecting her. I don't think I will ever forgive him for that.

You and he are completely different men. You never cheated on your ex, for that, I think you are a very decent man. Unfortunately, not every man is like that.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 11-03-2014 at 08:54 AM..

Old 11-03-2014, 08:42 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,334,327 times
I'm 50 and at 49 met and fell in love with the most incredible woman. Without a doubt she is my soul mate, and I truly believe that everything I've done and every decision I've made has led me to her. We were engaged for a very short time and married in May. I have never been this content and happy in my life. She no doubt completes me at my very core.

I will admit though, that just before Tonya and after my divorce (20 year marriage, 2 kids), I had completely given up on love and just hoped to find someone I could settle for.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:52 AM

158 posts, read 144,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I don't believe in the soul mates only because over the years I have met many men with whom I could be perfectly happy in a LTR.

When you are very young, you can't understand that you have the same feelings at 46 and 56 and 66 that had at 26. You've just been around longer. Medical issues notwithstanding, being older does NOT make you any less able to love and feel attraction.

It does make you more practical, though.
Pretty much this.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:25 AM

31,068 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I'm a woman but yes, I believe in love.

Soul mates....yup...believe in that too, though I don't think everyone will get the opportunity to meet their soul mate.
To me a soul mate implies the 'One and only' that you will meet in the world. With the world population of 7 Billion the chance of you meeting your 'One and only' soul mate would be like winning the lottery every week for a year

Old 11-03-2014, 09:37 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
I hope not. All (not most but all) my very close friends are very happily married. So Yes, I have hope.
"Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

Red from Shankshank Remdemption.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
"Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

Red from Shankshank Remdemption.

yeah but he succeeded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRBl0GPBm4o
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships