Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 10:51 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,317,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I've had women occasionally strike up conversations with me in public, but never anything I was consider "hitting on" me. Most women I see give the impression that they don't want anyone speaking to them, and so naturally they don't speak to anyone else, either.
Omg this. Why would I approach a woman who has a frown or a sour look on her face? Most of women I see in public look like they don't want to be approached or bothered. So, I don't say anything to them and leave them be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 10:52 PM

364 posts, read 371,287 times
Happened more in college than it does today. My roommate / close friend is ridiculously good looking, happens to him often. I consider myself good looking as well, but I'm 5'8". Usually takes an intro before I gain solid attraction, but yes, I get hit on in public occasionally.

Old 11-14-2014, 01:26 AM

1,000 posts, read 2,354,653 times
All the time...I live in a college town, so people are social and goofy to begin with. I get everything from the random sit and talk, to being grabbed by the arm and dragged off to go dance without warning. I'm only 5'7", so I don't want to hear anything about height as an excuse either...you just own it and have fun

Old 11-14-2014, 01:46 AM

1,000 posts, read 2,354,653 times
And for the guys posting about getting hit on by gay guys...try to think of it as a compliment, a really high order "you look good" type of compliment.

I can only speak for the 20s demographic, but I've had several times when a gay guy approached me at a bar, and I ended up meeting a girl because of it...it was always the same story of me just being cool about it and politely letting him down while still putting off a "well hey...good for you to be trying and doing your thing though" type of vibe. They always followed up immediately by introducing me to their female friend(s)...who were always attractive.

Just be nice and don't discriminate; people are who they are, lol.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:27 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,317,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterBlues View Post
And for the guys posting about getting hit on by gay guys...try to think of it as a compliment, a really high order "you look good" type of compliment.

I can only speak for the 20s demographic, but I've had several times when a gay guy approached me at a bar, and I ended up meeting a girl because of it...it was always the same story of me just being cool about it and politely letting him down while still putting off a "well hey...good for you to be trying and doing your thing though" type of vibe. They always followed up immediately by introducing me to their female friend(s)...who were always attractive.

Just be nice and don't discriminate; people are who they are, lol.
I wouldn't want a gay guy to hit on me ever. I am attracted to women only.

Old 11-14-2014, 03:15 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,253,218 times
Not on the street, but definitely at a former job. It helped being the youngest man in a building filled with older adults. But I was going through breakup withdrawal and wasn't in the mood.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:42 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,062,917 times
catcalls, as in leaning out the car windows and hooting at you? Not since I was very young.

leered at, with comments like "ooh fresh meat" by horny-a$$ MILFs the first day on the job? Been years.

hit on, as in some outrageous flirty banter, touchng my shirt/chest/arms where I was completely taken by surprise? Handful of times.

To be honest tho' - the attention wasn't from women I would consider dating. Not trying to be mean, or ungrateful, but calling a spade a spade.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:00 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,758,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Nightlife my friend.
The problem is, then I'd have to go places I hate and be around people I can't stand, and I'm not sure that's worth it. Besides, when I am in situations where I'm around a lot of loud, obnoxious people I don't know, I automatically retreat into myself and my brain can think of nothing but getting the hell out of wherever I am as quickly as possible. So then I'm not even remotely approachable myself, and my mind won't let me do the approaching when I'm in escape mode, so the entire purpose of going out is defeated right off the bat.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:27 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,825,290 times
I guess so. I either missed the clues or ignored the clues. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships