Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 12:32 PM
MJ7 MJ7 started this thread

6,221 posts, read 10,743,177 times

Advertisements

The notion that lowering your standards to increase your dating potential is a very good real world application.

The problem, some people do not know their level or dating range.

How does one go about knowing their standards, so they can appropriately date more?

I have my own experiences to answer this, but I'm interested in other opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 12:48 PM

22,613 posts, read 47,734,076 times
What do you mean by "level or dating range"?

Age?
Income?
other?

Old 11-08-2014, 12:52 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,040,687 times
A lot of women don't think in terms of "dating range", a 1-10 scale, and all that. They just want to find someone they can have an intelligent conversation with, who's kind, considerate, self-supporting, and shares some interests with them. That description can come in any wide variety of packages. The packaging doesn't matter, so much. So there is no "range". There's just compatibility. It's either there, or it isn't. It's hard to find.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 11-08-2014 at 01:03 PM..

Old 11-08-2014, 12:54 PM

1. Looks
2. Personality
3. Interests
4. Money
5. Sexual ability

I'm sure there are many many more things that people look for in a mate.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A lot of women don't think in terms of "dating range", a 1-10 scale, and all that. They just want to find someone they can have an intelligent conversation with, who's kind, considerate, self-supporting, and shares some interests with them. That description can come in any wide variety of packages. The packaging doesn't matter, so much. So there is no "range". There's just compatibility. It's hard to find.
This has never been my experience, interesting.

Old 11-08-2014, 01:02 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,730,029 times
I don't pay that any attention honestly.

If I happen to run into someone I like I take it from there, they don't like me, oh well. I move on, and get on with my life. All that extra stuff I don't think about until I actually know the person.

Old 11-08-2014, 01:02 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,040,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
1. Looks
2. Personality
3. Interests
4. Money
5. Sexual ability

I'm sure there are many many more things that people look for in a mate.
What's the point of lowering your standards on personality? You can either live with someone, or you can't. You either get along and hit it off, or you don't. Are you saying you'd be ok with someone boring, or negative, or controlling, or unable to hold down a steady job, or lazy, or prone to anger or drama? Really?? You'd be ok with someone who didn't have much of a sex drive? Or who refused to do oral? If you found someone willing to marry you who had a lot of money and looked like a model, you'd be ok with letting the rest of those criteria go? You'd be ok with putting up with infrequent sex and a lousy personality? For the rest of your life? Or even for a few years? Just for money and looks?

I don't believe you.

Old 11-08-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What's the point of lowering your standards on personality? You can either live with someone, or you can't. You either get along and hit it off, or you don't. Are you saying you'd be ok with someone boring, or negative, or controlling, or unable to hold down a steady job, or lazy, or prone to anger or drama? Really?? You'd be ok with someone who didn't have much of a sex drive? Or who refused to do oral? If you found someone willing to marry you who had a lot of money and looked like a model, you'd be ok with letting the rest of those criteria go? You'd be ok with putting up with infrequent sex and a lousy personality? For the rest of your life? Or even for a few years? Just for money and looks?

I don't believe you.
I don't think you understand the context of what I am implying.

Someone will have a set of standards before dating someone, everyone does even if they don't acknowledge it, these are called judgments, we all make them from the moment we open our eyes in the morning to the moment we shut them before sleep at night.

If someone is walking around thinking they can be with a rich strong woman that is highly successful in the business world, ultra attractive etc. but they don't have the looks or PERSONALITY to back it up (educated, strong business sense, etc.) they will not be able to date this woman. Lowering your personality standards will likely be the key to your success in the dating world.

As far as your immature comment at the end, I will just ignore it.

Old 11-08-2014, 01:14 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,015,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
The notion that lowering your standards to increase your dating potential is a very good real world application.

The problem, some people do not know their level or dating range.

How does one go about knowing their standards, so they can appropriately date more?

I have my own experiences to answer this, but I'm interested in other opinions.
I wont lower my standards to increase my dating potential. And I don't accept it as a real world application either. I know What is my level and my standards and I know what I am looking for so your theory does not imply me.

Old 11-08-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
I wont lower my standards to increase my dating potential. And I don't accept it as a real world application either. I know What is my level and my standards and I know what I am looking for so your theory does not imply me.
Obviously not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships