Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 03:47 PM

52,369 posts, read 52,836,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post

I go for the ones who seem nice, and who seem smart, bc those are the qualities that are most important to me. It keeps things simple. The other factors, I can work with.
This is probably about what is should boil down to.... not formula's on par with Einstein's bit about relativity....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 03:51 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,356,264 times
Not worth worrying about...put yourself in situatuations with lots of social activities and you'll have interactions with people from all over the map. It's a myth that you fall into a category or a league.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:07 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,873,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
I don't think you understand the context of what I am implying.

Someone will have a set of standards before dating someone, everyone does even if they don't acknowledge it, these are called judgments, we all make them from the moment we open our eyes in the morning to the moment we shut them before sleep at night.

If someone is walking around thinking they can be with a rich strong woman that is highly successful in the business world, ultra attractive etc. but they don't have the looks or PERSONALITY to back it up (educated, strong business sense, etc.) they will not be able to date this woman. Lowering your personality standards will likely be the key to your success in the dating world.

As far as your immature comment at the end, I will just ignore it.
I don't think so. If you don't have the personality to attract winner personalities, then you should work on your personality. Lowering your standards to some loser level is only gonna set yourself up for failure, think about it. Why would someone do that? Why would someone willfully go for problematic personalities? That's crazy talk.

Seriously, dude, I think calling someone out on a bogus theory isn't "immature". It's telling it like it is. I'm having a hard time buying that you believe your own recommendations, myself. They don't make sense. If people are having a hard time with dating, they need to get help, not aim for the bottom of the barrel.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:19 PM
MJ7 MJ7 started this thread

6,221 posts, read 10,753,609 times
There was no talk about bottom of the barrel.

More opinions are welcome.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:19 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,153,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Most of the people who will turn you down over the course of your life will be in your league...So it is hard to know. For the record when I say league I'm not just talking about looks. Education,economics,neighborhoods, etc all come into play

Just because Bob and Mary are both "5's" doesn't mean Mary is going to automatically date him.

Just because Steven and Kimberly both grew up well off, in the same suburb, and went to Harvard doesn't mean he'll like her romantically
I agree with this... someone may be "in your range" but you just don't click. You may click with someone "out of your range" (whether above or below it) and neither of you cares because you're just happy with finding someone you click with.

But I know these replies are annoying the OP... I'm taking the OP to me "what do you think you are able to get", and certainly most of us do go out in life and may not make effort with someone because we don't think they are within our reach, or we don't bother with them because they are not attractive to us (based on a snap judgment, so essentially we are deeming them below our range). We may not form those words in our heads, but our response reveals the attitude.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:23 PM
MJ7 MJ7 started this thread

6,221 posts, read 10,753,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I agree with this... someone may be "in your range" but you just don't click. You may click with someone "out of your range" (whether above or below it) and neither of you cares because you're just happy with finding someone you click with.

But I know these replies are annoying the OP... I'm taking the OP to me "what do you think you are able to get", and certainly most of us do go out in life and may not make effort with someone because we don't think they are within our reach, or we don't bother with them because they are not attractive to us (based on a snap judgment, so essentially we are deeming them below our range). We may not form those words in our heads, but our response reveals the attitude.
The responses, thus far, have been different from my own experiences; however, they are interesting.

There is no one answer, and I'm not looking for one. Just sharing opinions and experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships