Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 12:29 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times

Advertisements

I think if you had just posted, "My girlfriend lied to me 30+ times and I finally broke up with her, am I wrong," nobody would have batted an eyelash. And you said that those lies came after the big ultimatum, so you might ponder why you stayed with someone who lied so much even after you said you wouldn't. Nobody needs to be with a habitual liar.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:32 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think if you had just posted, "My girlfriend lied to me 30+ times and I finally broke up with her, am I wrong," nobody would have batted an eyelash. And you said that those lies came after the big ultimatum, so you might ponder why you stayed with someone who lied so much even after you said you wouldn't. Nobody needs to be with a habitual liar.
Because I cared about her and thought maybe she wasn't a liar and just got caught up. I also wanted the full story to be told.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:32 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Yes. I don't do well with delusion and disagreeing with the 40+ Female brigade on CD usually ends in suspension.
And yet, here you are, repeating history.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein at BrainyQuote

Old 11-26-2014, 12:34 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,912,116 times
Quote:
Negative again.
stop generalizing..... just what parts are incorrect.... {waiting....}

Old 11-26-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcam213 View Post
stop generalizing..... just what parts are incorrect.... {waiting....}
Read the whole thread. Every single one of your points has already been spelled out for the less than competent.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:38 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,912,116 times
Quote:
Read the whole thread. Every single one of your points has already been spelled out for the less than competent.

read it.

sigh... I guess I will go in and post all YOUR words....

give a few minutes...

Old 11-26-2014, 12:38 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Lol this is entertainment. There's no convincing 40+ women of anything.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
So you told hookup girl from the get go that you were still talking to ex? I thought you said that you waited a month of hooking up before you told her that you were still talking to ex and then dumped her for 4 weeks.

Never hooked up with ex and her at the same time. Was not still talking to ex until maybe a week before I told her so.

She was probably heart broken. Then you come back because the ex didn't want you... girl #2 probably wanted to hedge her bets and not let her feelings get carried away because you have already shown her that you can drop her like a hot potato just like that.

I broke up with ex in the first place. I then realized is just missed being with someone, not her, and ended it for good.

So she kept her options open and that led to hookup in New York. She probably needlessly lied because she is not as bold as you to just admit, "yeah I'm sexing you but this weekend I'm going to meet up with a potential" That potential became a hook up while in NY.

She hooked up with him at a music festival and then flew out to NY a few weeks later to see him. The week before NY we started talking romantically again, this time with a more serious tone

Then when she gets back you decide that NOW you want to be exclusive.... which I bet she wanted ALL ALONG... you think she is going to derail what she wanted and most likely nursed a broken heart about while you where "exploring your feelings with ex"? No, she shut her mouth and hope that all that drama THAT BOTH OF YOU were doing was behind you and you could have your "happily ever after"

Sure, maybe. Difference I was upfront about my dirt, something we both talked to each other about being. Not saying I'm a saint, but you're literally excusing massive lies because what? A guy put you on the back burner once? Get out of here and get over it.

you dodged a bullet, but she did too. I hope she finds someone who doesn't discard her like yesterdays newspaper and treat her (and her feelings) like some sort of fall back and then have these expectations of loyalty and truth.... like you had some sort of commitment.
I'm on my phone so stay with me. Responses in the quote. Let's talk about assumptions.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:58 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
I can't understand why you two were together at all, much less talking of marriage. You made it clear right away that she was your second choice. As a woman, I would never accept that. She obviously wasn't comfortable enough in the relationship to be honest with you, so the relationship was unhealthy and doomed. She was really settling for you, for what reason, I can't imagine. She must have really been lonely, I guess.

Old 11-26-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
See this is why I say you called your girlfriend a hook up girl... because you said you were "hooking up". You didn't say date... you didn't say get to know... you said HOOK UP... So stop playing semantics here.

in other words the same thing that you and she were doing... YOUR WORDS!

if she had come clean immediately you would have bounced immediately... see??? YOUR WORDS!!!

Did you let it go? Or did you brow beat her over and over 30 times + to tell the truth so that you can start clean slate??

However her story stinks. Things don't add up and I grow suspicious. I snoop.
Nevermind previous question... you answered it here YOUR WORDS!! Whatever, I'm not going to debate the merits of it, I did it because of lack of trust. Low and behold she never saw her brother. She flew out there to bang some dude she met at a music festival during that month I was talking to my ex. She went as far as to have her bro txt her evidence that she stayed with him to further the lie. Which I think is ridiculous. Why lie when you're "coming clean?"

I felt I was up front and honest about my dealings with other women. She was deceitful and was even deceitful when she "came clean." I have since dumped her over this and some other lies, which she didn't even need to tell.

Your guys thoughts on the situation?[/quote][/quote]

We know. Lying is ok in your book.

Youre the only one playing semantics here. You called her a hook up girl. I called her my girlfriend and said we started out hooking up.

Lol A lOT of effort here, all for nothing. Aw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships