Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 09:39 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,804,771 times

Advertisements

To answer the question: Lying sucks, no matter the time, place, or situation. And it's better NOT to lie. I can see why your ex-girlfriend did lie. But I can see why it would cause you to react the way you did. We go back to my first sentence: lying sucks. Once someone has betrayed your trust, it's very hard to get back to the "before." In some cases, it's impossible. There are ways to work through it. But you have to be mature and want it to work.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:41 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,227,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
You read that incorrectly. I was not banging my ex. I broke it off before any of that.
That's almost irrelevant. You had feelings for your ex, and I'll lay money that if your ex wanted to sleep with you, you would have.

Intention matters here, and yours reeks of a double-standard.

Also, no "dude hate" here. I give props to her brother.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:47 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,196,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
That's almost irrelevant. You had feelings for your ex, and I'll lay money that if your ex wanted to sleep with you, you would have.

Intention matters here, and yours reeks of a double-standard.

Also, no "dude hate" here. I give props to her brother.
Lol both exes still want to sleep with me.

Your man hate is really cute.

Edit. Insult retracted. She knows.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:51 AM

Having sex vs thinking nostalgically about your ex has no difference? Interesting.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
To answer the question: Lying sucks, no matter the time, place, or situation. And it's better NOT to lie. I can see why your ex-girlfriend did lie. But I can see why it would cause you to react the way you did. We go back to my first sentence: lying sucks. Once someone has betrayed your trust, it's very hard to get back to the "before." In some cases, it's impossible. There are ways to work through it. But you have to be mature and want it to work.
If this was the only lie, maybe. Been too many over a variety of topics.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:58 AM

3,339 posts, read 6,004,990 times
Quote:
Having sex vs thinking nostalgically about your ex has no difference? Interesting.
Honestly, it doesn't make much different to me. I think many women would find your longing for your ex just as hurtful or more hurtful than sleeping with her.

I do think there's a bit of a double standard going on. It isn't like you told her you were talking to your ex right away, you waited a month to do that. She waited 6 months to tell you about NYC. Neither is ideal.

Do you not understand why she felt she had to lie about NYC? You said yourself that, if you had known at the time, you wouldn't have gotten involved with her. So, basically, she was in a no win situation. She didn't really have you because you weren't exclusive, but she knew you well enough to know that you wouldn't want her ever if you knew she was with someone else. How is that fair?

Sure, she may have gone too far in fabricating a story, but it seems like if she wanted a chance with you at all she really had no choice because you would have left if she had been honest right away. Also, you were not honest with her immediately, anyway, so she probably figured it wasn't that big of a deal.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
Honestly, it doesn't make much different to me. I think many women would find your longing for your ex just as hurtful or more hurtful than sleeping with her.

I do think there's a bit of a double standard going on. It isn't like you told her you were talking to your ex right away, you waited a month to do that. She waited 6 months to tell you about NYC. Neither is ideal.

Do you not understand why she felt she had to lie about NYC? You said yourself that, if you had known at the time, you wouldn't have gotten involved with her. So, basically, she was in a no win situation. She didn't really have you because you weren't exclusive, but she knew you well enough to know that you wouldn't want her ever if you knew she was with someone else. How is that fair?

Sure, she may have gone too far in fabricating a story, but it seems like if she wanted a chance with you at all she really had no choice because you would have left if she had been honest right away. Also, you were not honest with her immediately, anyway, so she probably figured it wasn't that big of a deal.
Sure. I see that side.

However I looked her in the face multiple times and said if you lie again I have to leave, please be honest so we can start fresh.

Then I finally made good on my threat, probably 30 lies later

Old 11-26-2014, 10:03 AM

3,339 posts, read 6,004,990 times
Quote:
Sure. I see that side.

However I looked her in the face multiple times and said if you lie again I have to leave, please be honest so we can start fresh.

Then I finally made good on my threat, probably 30 lies later
So, it sounds like she lied all the time. Obviously, not a good person to be involved with.

I guess, in my experience, a lot of fibs are told in that "non-exclusive" period of a relationship. It's like one or both people are seeing other people and it's just not something you really talk about because it's unnecessarily hurtful. Once you're with someone, who really cares what they were doing before you were exclusive?

Lying all the time isn't good though. I wouldn't want to be with a liar but I'm much more forgiving about things that happened before I was exclusively with someone.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:04 AM

The general consensus from the women is it's my fault and all of the lies and promises she made are minor consequences of my actions. Understood.

Any guys care to weigh in?

Old 11-26-2014, 10:05 AM

5,206 posts, read 4,685,915 times
Point of this thread:

To get angry enough at the ex and perhaps the entire female gender to finally get over deep feelings still held for the ex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships