Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 01:59 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,534,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, it's not a good idea to date a person who says they prefer to live in a mostly white neighborhood, for example?
Could be. There are plenty of very diverse neighborhoods that are safe and sound. If they say they want to live in an area that happens to be mostly white, but don't make that a priority, than that's not really bigoted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 12:16 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,838,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
I used to date a black girl who seemed kinda racist. Would always make unsolicited comments about white people, never directed at me, mind you. Still uncomfortable. Her brother was definitely racist, so could have just been his influence rubbing off, I don't know. Otherwise she was cool.
I had a friend like that (Latina). Her and this one other friend of hers actually bragged about each "bagging a white guy".

Old 12-15-2014, 12:21 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,282,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
Black man here. Don't really care.

The only issues I have with interracial dating is when people date interracially for self hating reasons. I've dated outside my race many times.

Yes...or those that date outside their race for steretypical reasons

"I dont' date black women/men because they are all ___________ "

IMO it is worse when coming from your own people.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:23 PM

4,567 posts, read 5,431,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Assuming you're not of course. Just because, he/she didn't use a derogatory slur towards a race frequently or was a Klan member, but still felt very uncomfortable around a different race, says stuff like "interracial dating is gross" or says that they wouldn't hire fill in the blank race but had no issues being polite to them.
If so, why?

Mod comment: Please tread lightly, people. I've already deleted some inappropriate posts. Please don't be specific about any particular race(s). You can answer the OP's question without going there. Thanks.
Absolutely not. Intelligence and character are extremely important traits that anyone I date must have. Someone who is a racist do not have these things.

Not only would I NEVER date someone who is racist, I would not even bother to associate with people who are like this.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:33 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,764,750 times
Racism is just fundamentally stupid..... it is just stupid... to say otherwise isn't intellectually honest.... to write off a whole group of people based on some preconceived ideas is just silly.... I can't express myself any clearer about the subject.

Last edited by Chowhound; 12-15-2014 at 12:41 PM..

Old 12-15-2014, 12:40 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,571,096 times
I had a Dominican girlfriend who had a racist black boyfriend before me. In the end she got sick to death of his rants. She couldn't stand his nonsense any more. So she went out to date a white guy on purpose. It was good while it lasted.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:41 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,181,168 times
I find women in general (particularly white women) to be far less racist than men, but I've also found women to be far more naive about racial issues than men as well. There is a happy medium. I wouldn't date a racist, but I also wouldn't date someone living in la-la land that refused to acknowledge realities in our society.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:44 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,764,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
I used to date a black girl who seemed kinda racist. Would always make unsolicited comments about white people, never directed at me, mind you. Still uncomfortable. Her brother was definitely racist, so could have just been his influence rubbing off, I don't know. Otherwise she was cool.
why would you date a racist person... I mean the world is full of people, why pick one that is so flawed..... you appear to be a white guy, why date a person that makes cracks about white people..... I'm not seeing the logic here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships