Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 07:22 PM

47 posts, read 37,473 times

Advertisements

I didn't really mean getting into a relationship for the sake of one, especially on his part he's a recent college graduate not making that much yet still living at home with parents and the idea of having this older well off woman provide for him are what's making him get into this relationship, on her part its the sex with someone younger they both say I love you to each other but I have a pretty good feeling they are BS'ing each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 07:28 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.shay View Post
Just wanted to put this out there, I have a friend of mine that is 23 and he is getting married next month to a 48 year old divorced mother of three grown children, the whole relationship is basically about being used he is using her to keep him settled without the need to really do anything other than please her, and she is using him because as he puts it she want's constant attention sexually.

What do you guys think of relationships like this, and would you ever do it vs having to get a job lol? now he is actually attracted to her physically and I would agree from meeting her she is pretty as are a lot of older women, they don't really age like us guys do but that's for another discussion lol.
I think once you've experienced relationships with people you consider your best friend, and you experience a deep bond, that's when you know what really matters when dating someone.

Some people stay married for the convenience factor: avoiding loneliness, financial security.. but they aren't happy together. They're mostly with each other for pragmatic reasons, and if it works for them, then great.

I've also seen couples who marry each other when they both had nothing and are intrinsically happy with one another. Not to say money cannot cause conflict, but when you have a strong bond, and you're both committed, nothing can replace the love you have. And, many people are blinded by delusions of happiness these days it's hard for them to decipher between true internal happiness verses superficial (fleeting) happiness that's conditional.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:33 PM

From meeting her though honestly the vibe I get is that as soon as he loses that youthful look she will probably move on to someone the age he is now again, and the cycle will repeat for as long as she can sustain that anyway, and her reaction when meeting me is enough to scare me also lol she basically told me when meeting me "Oh my I see my future husband even has sexy young friends too mmm" something to that effect, strange isn't it?

Old 12-03-2014, 07:40 PM

And my apologies for not clarifying earlier when I say a kept man I mean someone that is kept financially, car provided, health insurance, spending money all that good stuff.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:46 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.shay View Post
From meeting her though honestly the vibe I get is that as soon as he loses that youthful look she will probably move on to someone the age he is now again, and the cycle will repeat for as long as she can sustain that anyway, and her reaction when meeting me is enough to scare me also lol she basically told me when meeting me "Oh my I see my future husband even has sexy young friends too mmm" something to that effect, strange isn't it?
LoL!

Old 12-03-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
LoL!
Yeah a little strange, to be honest the way she said that phrase reminds me of Herbert from family guy lol

Old 12-03-2014, 08:44 PM

207 posts, read 226,595 times
I did it.... but it was a waste of my time. It wasnt rich enough... it was a kept lowlife gf at a grocery store lifestyle.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:47 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,095,973 times
well since he's still young, he can divorce her when it's really time to settle and find someone closer to his age/his equal.

think Patrick Dempsey

Old 12-04-2014, 12:44 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
The fact that he's sexually attracted to her will make the "job" less stressful. Work is work is work! Someone stuck in a job they hate would be jealous of a situation like this!

When I worked as a male prostitute (man for man) there were opportunities that came up, in those years, but, largely, my desire for independence usually thwarted those opportunities, and later, when I was stuck in a job I hated, I kicked myself for not taking advantage of some of those opportunities, particularly with the ones I found some sexual attraction!

What I ever consider doing it, employing a gigolo, my belief system incorporating the saying that sex is the greatest joy available to mankind, you bet I would!

Old 12-04-2014, 07:41 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,141,385 times
People are in relationships for all kinds of reasons. Sounds like they are both getting what they want, and at the end of the day it is their business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships