Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 02:22 AM

94 posts, read 102,166 times

Advertisements

Yeah, if he doesn't respond to the text, that would be my answer. Because as of now, I've initiated a few texts since we last saw each other and he has always responded. But it has always just been conversational things, because I wanted him to be the one initiating getting together again. The fact that he didn't step up and do that probably does say what I need to know...but if I leave it at that, I will definitely keep thinking about it/wondering. Whereas if I do decide to be a bit more direct, I'll get my answer either directly if he replies, or indirectly if that is the moment when he decides to start ignoring me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 06:53 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,774,325 times
OP:

What were you wanting out of this fling?

Old 12-07-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

What were you wanting out of this fling?

I enjoyed the times that we spent together and am glad for those regardless, so there aren't really hard feelings, but I did like him and had hoped that it would turn into a relationship.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatsEnvy View Post
I enjoyed the times that we spent together and am glad for those regardless, so there aren't really hard feelings, but I did like him and had hoped that it would turn into a relationship.
OP:

Did you and the guy talk about what each of you wanted out of this fling?

Did you tell him what you wanted?

Did he tell you what he wanted?

Was anything discussed regarding turning the fling into a relationship?

Old 12-07-2014, 08:34 AM

No to all of that. We had only hung out a few times and were still getting to know each other, it hadn't gotten to the point to be that serious yet. I had "hoped" that it might lead to a relationship, but it hadn't come to the point that I was sure about it. On the communication side of things, we didn't really get past get-to-know-you convos and just various joking around/light-hearted conversations.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
No to all of that. We had only hung out a few times and were still getting to know each other, it hadn't gotten to the point to be that serious yet. I had "hoped" that it might lead to a relationship, but it hadn't come to the point that I was sure about it. On the communication side of things, we didn't really get past get-to-know-you convos and just various joking around/light-hearted conversations.
Seems like it was a very short lived relationship.

It sucks, but it does happen.

From what I read on the internet flings are short lived relationships without any deep personal involvement. So that is something to consider before having another fling with someone else. If that is the case, then a relationship would not have happened in the first place.

This is a reason why it is important for the guy and the girl to be on the same page.

I got the impression that you wanted deep personal involvement but he did not. So both of you were not on the same page.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:44 AM

I'm not sure that "fling" was necessary the best way to describe it, but I wasn't sure of the best terminology to use. But yeah, I think that you are right that we ultimately weren't/aren't on the same page. Like I said, I don't really regret the situation because I did have fun getting to know him, but of course there is some disappointment.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:52 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,313,415 times
Quote:
Yeah but I know myself and, ridiculous or not, I really kind of do need more closure in order to move on. I don't need an explanation of why he doesn't want to see me anymore, but I do need to more solidly feel that it is the case. I do feel a slight bit of doubt (very slight, but enough that I don't feel closure), just based on a few things that he has said to me.

The first two responses on here, I might go with what you say.
You WANT more closure you don't need it however, you refuse to move on until you are satisfied that you have gotten what you want and you have convinced yourself that you just cannot move forward in your life until you get what you want.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:03 AM

I ended up texting him- "Hey, so do you want to see me again or are you trying to fade out? It's cool either way so no worries, but I'd rather just know outright."

And he responded with- "No I definitely want to hang out with you again. Sorry I haven't seen you in awhile. We had like 8 people from college come up and sleep in our house this weekend."

I feel like we probably still aren't on the same page, but maybe this means that I will get the chance to see him again in person to try to figure it out. Only if he takes the hint and initiates, though...

Old 12-08-2014, 01:32 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,834,543 times
Do you feel better now?

The ball is in his court now, just like it was before you sent the text.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships