Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 03:18 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Cypress is another place you can both meet up without much visa headache. Just sayin'.
That would be a nice winter vacation destination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 10:54 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Don't forget those old chestnuts, Bulgaria (haha!) and Turkey. Someone on the Europe forum said there are shopping tours that take busloads of Russians from around Western Russia to go shopping in Helsinki.
Not without a visa, though.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Not without a visa, though.
True. It seems that Finland is generous towards Russian short-term visitors, not sure why that would be. Does Finland have some kind of weekend tourist visa, or something, for these jaunts? I suppose it helps boost Finland's businesses.

Old 12-14-2014, 11:07 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,400,247 times
I'm sure this will all end very well. A teenager researching visa requirements to meet "a Russian" he's never spoken to seems normal.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:28 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
True. It seems that Finland is generous towards Russian short-term visitors, not sure why that would be. Does Finland have some kind of weekend tourist visa, or something, for these jaunts? I suppose it helps boost Finland's businesses.
72 hour visas are available quite easily. The Russian weekend-shopping tourism is quite important for a few cities in Eastern Finland.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:36 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
The reality of international relationships is they are very costly. Do you have a good income and a few grand stashed away OP, because you're going to need it.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
The reality of international relationships is they are very costly. Do you have a good income and a few grand stashed away OP, because you're going to need it.
He's only exchanged a few emails with this woman. The situation is a far cry from a relationship. Plus, rumor has it, the OP is just a teen. Where he gets the money to go to Japan, I can't imagine, but if it's true he's a teen, it'll be awhile before he'll be in a position to shuttle back and forth between the US and anywhere in the far east.

Old 12-14-2014, 04:51 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,151,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
I'm sure this will all end very well. A teenager researching visa requirements to meet "a Russian" he's never spoken to seems normal.
Is this some broke kid going on about Russian women? Meeting them means travel, careful investigation of their motives/situation particulars, and a host of other factors and isn't for the light-of-wallet by any means. Frauds, however, take suckers for a ride all day long over there and can't wait for someone to "send money."

But at the same time there are many FSU women who do want to meet American men for romance and marriage. Yes, really. And it's an involved process. Not sure I'd try it again these days, with Russia contemplating rolling (even more) tanks into Ukraine, but other than that...

Been-there, done-that, got the t-shirt, and have quite a few interesting stories about the adventures.

Old 12-14-2014, 04:54 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Is this some broke kid going on about Russian women? Meeting them means travel, careful investigation of their motives/situation particulars, and a host of other factors and isn't for the light-of-wallet by any means. Frauds, however, take suckers for a ride all day long over there and can't wait for someone to "send money."

But at the same time there are many FSU women who do want to meet American men for romance and marriage. Yes, really. And it's an involved process. Not sure I'd try it again these days, with Russia contemplating rolling (even more) tanks into Ukraine, but other than that...

Been-there, done-that, got the t-shirt, and have quite a few interesting stories about the adventures.
Who told you they want anything to do with an American man? Most want a Russian man.

Old 12-14-2014, 05:04 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,423,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous725 View Post
I've been talking with this Russian girl from Siberia (yes, they have Subway, Mexican Restraunts and British Pubs serving Fish 'n' Chips in Siberia) and no, I didn't find her from some sketchy dating website or mail order bride catalog either!

She seems very liberal, intelligent, middle-class, and wants to go to Japan. Her English is very basic but she is intermediate at Mandarin.

How do I try and get her to the land of freedom and liberty, City-Data?
Seriously? All the Russians (and other women) in New York and you have to find a mail order? Whats wrong with women here in the states?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships