Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 10:20 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
So I rarely seek advice on here for relationship issues but I wanted to get some opinions. My ex g/f who I dated ten years ago recently contacted me out of the blue. I honestly am very happy to hear from her and I feel that she is the one that I could end up with, it's just a weird gut feeling I have. However she lives in another state and has children from another relationship. Neither issue is really a big deal IMO. However I wonder if she contacted me to re-kindle things. She is reluctant to express her feelings and I feel like I am putting in more effort then her with conversation and dropping hints. I am not sure if she is just busy on her end or just doesn't have feelings to express. How do I go about this? Do I just flat out ask her or should I feel her out and see what happens? Is there any hints any ladies in here would drop that would indicate something?
Only you can make this decision for your life and there is a reason why she is an ex girlfriend.
If she was that important and the one you could end up with you would have married her and moved with her 10 years ago.
The quickest way to find out what she really wants is to ask her, if it scares her away then she really doesn't want to be with you she is just using you as the in between guy until she finds who she really wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 10:36 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Yes it is simple but I feel that by just being straight forward so soon could backfire and scare her away.

I did ask what made her contact me and she said she thought about me randomly and didn't forget about me after all this time.
If she could get "scared away" so easily, it would never work out, anyway. Mature adults don't play guessing games. They communicate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships