Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 09:10 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixliz View Post
1. I put the hotel on my credit card since I didn't have the money
2. Yes, I have a bachelor's degree
3. His parent's booked the flight
4. I went with him to see his family just a few weeks ago for turkey day
5. I feel like this is my fault, so does that mean that I should forgive him?
6. If you met us in person, you honestly would not judge either of us to be immature at all
7. We've both done so many good things for each other and our relationship always had such a depth and was so special (if you saw the good sides)...... I hate to let this go. I care about him and help him, I would feel so bad to leave him. but I catch sicknesses from germs easily and I can't be kissing him after he's kissed someone else
8. Yes, I have lots of debt to pay back and I have never been financially independent. I need to start, but it's so hard to land a permanent position. I've never had a big-girl job, and now I'm about to enter my late 20s.
wth is a big-girl job?

....and your OP suggests otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 09:13 PM

123 posts, read 124,335 times
Ugh, I can't wait until more nice people come on this forum. most users are just making jokes. It's hard when a misunderstanding results in a permanent taint that destroys hope and everything beautiful that you had with someone you love. and the only person who you truly connect with and who knows how to make you laugh and smile ..........does something that you can't turn a blind eye towards

Old 12-15-2014, 09:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Ugh, I can't wait until more nice people come on this forum.
Most of us have told you that we are not joking.

What did you want us to say???????????????????????????????

"Aw, honey, he a damn fool. That loser owes you. He should come crawling back and propose to you tomorrow, AND take you to his parents' for Christmas."

Old 12-15-2014, 09:17 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times
Quote:
1. I put the hotel on my credit card since I didn't have the money
2. Yes, I have a bachelor's degree
3. His parent's booked the flight
4. I went with him to see his family just a few weeks ago for turkey day
5. I feel like this is my fault, so does that mean that I should forgive him?
6. If you met us in person, you honestly would not judge either of us to be immature at all
7. We've both done so many good things for each other and our relationship always had such a depth and was so special (if you saw the good sides)...... I hate to let this go. I care about him and help him, I would feel so bad to leave him. but I catch sicknesses from germs easily and I can't be kissing him after he's kissed someone else
8. Yes, I have lots of debt to pay back and I have never been financially independent. I need to start, but it's so hard to land a permanent position. I've never had a big-girl job, and now I'm about to enter my late 20s.
1. How are you going to pay off the credit card if you do not have a job?
2. Great
3., 4.If his parents booked his flight, why didn't he tell them, "Mom & Dad, I do not want to leave the love of my life alone over Christmas. I want her to come, too". He could have then, either paid for your ticket or told his parents that he was not able to visit them.
5.Neither of you should forgive the other person, unless both of you change your behavior.
6. Your actions don't show that.
7. Don't forget Herpes, STDs and AIDS.
8. Perhaps, start with one or two jobs that are not "big-girl" jobs.

What happens if your boyfriend/husband dies or becomes disabled and you have to support yourself and your family? What if you get divorced or he leaves you? You must be prepared to take care of yourself and support yourself.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:21 PM

123 posts, read 124,335 times
Thank you Germain2626, you are the most helpful one on this thread

Old 12-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,579 times
Quote:
My boyfriend and I live together. He has asked me what my ring size is, so we are serious. We're both in our mid-twenties. Anyhow, on Saturday I got mad at him when I found out that he was going to be leaving me alone for Christmas. I over-reacted and yelled "I hate you!" because I felt under-valued for him to go and spend it with his family in another state when he knows that he'd be leaving me alone with noone here. So I figured I'd "teach him a lesson" by leaving the apartment and not coming back until the next morning... I stayed the night at a hotel so that my boyfriend could see how upset I was. Well, he called and called but I ignored his calls.

Insight: You acted extremely immature!!!!! You got mad because he wants to spend time with HIS family??? It's his family. You reacted in an immature way and caused him a lot of grief. You actually told him you hate him over this? Why? Because poor you are going to be alone? Really?

To teach him a lesson you left for the night.... What? What lesson did you teach him? That if you don't get your way you'll stomp your feet, pout and leave? I can see why he would think you were cheating on him.

His reaction in turn was just as immature. You are escalating a situation that you blew up and continue to be upset about. This will only get worse unless you can figure out that he has family and it is another facet of his life. If you are going to marry him.. count on this happening more and more. It's his family and you are his girlfriend.

Do not get married until you can grow up and accept the fact you are not the center of someones universe. Do not get married until you can support your significant other in his life decisions and his family "obligations".

Your actions were over the top drama queen. His reaction was just as immature.

Both of you should grow up and realize that neither of you are each others center of the universe. Before you get married!!

Old 12-15-2014, 09:30 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,726 times
Quote:
Ugh, I can't wait until more nice people come on this forum. most users are just making jokes. It's hard when a misunderstanding results in a permanent taint that destroys hope and everything beautiful that you had with someone you love. and the only person who you truly connect with and who knows how to make you laugh and smile ..........does something that you can't turn a blind eye towards
It wasn't a misunderstanding! You provoked a manic depressive person into cheating. YOU. You did all of this. Don't you dare try and throw this all on him, none of it would've happened without your crazy over the top stunt.

I'll echo what others have said, neither of you should be in a relationship with anyone right now.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:31 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Please Help
You two are kids playing house.

Adults who love one another do not play these kinds of games.

You each need time on your own to finish growing up.

So as much as this is not what you want to hear, you need to move out and get busy growing into the kind of woman you are capable of becoming.

It's always possible that if you each focus on taking personal responsibility for your own lives that you could in time find your way back to one another when you are really ready for an adult relationship.

I wish you good luck going forward.

Old 12-15-2014, 09:39 PM

150 posts, read 172,191 times
In addition to all that was already said before, you did yourself a favor by exposing a cheater before marrying him. Not sure why you'd still want him in your life..?

Old 12-15-2014, 09:45 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
The argument was both your faults.

The cheating was his.

It is never the appropriate response to an argument to go handle other people's body parts. There are lots of things one can do when one is mad at the woman one plans to marry. That should never be one.

Your hotel and phone blackout tactic was ridiculously immature as well.

The longer you stay together the bigger the potential for stress And problems, especially if you start a family. If these are your Coping skills the two of you are heading for a world of hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships