Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 05:56 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,151,426 times

Advertisements

It's terribly unfair of her to flip the script on you without giving you any real reason, and leave you hanging indefinitely. I think you're doing the right thing, although you wouldn't be out of line if you pressed her for an actual explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 06:43 AM

18 posts, read 13,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by introspectguy View Post
Sorry you're in this place, OP. Sounds like a lot of sincere effort and emotion, not to mention time, went into this relationship.

I don't think she's being malicious either, and I understand that makes it more difficult for you to know what to do. The fact that her reasons are vague, probably gives you a sense of it's not over. You stated she asked why you are single, I'd be curious to know why she was.

That said, you deserve someone who is firm in their commitment to you and doesn't have these kind of issues of not knowing what they want. Really, this kind of behavior is hard to reckon with. You seem capable, and up for, a full commitment, and even seem excited about it. I'd suggest taking these qualities of self awareness elsewhere, finding someone who's excited and confident about taking things to the next level with you.
She was married in her early 20's, ended up divorcing after being cheated on multiple times. As far as her last long term relationship, again she was cheated on multiple times which was 4 years ago. In that time she decided she would just be by herself which led to her becoming very independent. When we first started hanging out she told me we clicked which is why we ended up together. She would always text me these pictures saying how the best kinds of relationships begin unexpectedly and so on. I'm just wondering if she was worried I'd do the same to her, which I assured her would never happen from day 1.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:16 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,105,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFC2015 View Post
She was married in her early 20's, ended up divorcing after being cheated on multiple times. As far as her last long term relationship, again she was cheated on multiple times which was 4 years ago. In that time she decided she would just be by herself which led to her becoming very independent. When we first started hanging out she told me we clicked which is why we ended up together. She would always text me these pictures saying how the best kinds of relationships begin unexpectedly and so on. I'm just wondering if she was worried I'd do the same to her, which I assured her would never happen from day 1.
I wonder if she's just freaking out based on her bad past experiences. She may really love you, but people don't always act in ways that make sense.

She may not have any malicious intent towards you and be genuinely mixed up, but in this situation you have to look out for YOU and given the information at hand, you have to accept it's over and move on. The worst most hellish place to be in situations like these is in limbo where you're not sure if it's over or not.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I wonder if she's just freaking out based on her bad past experiences. She may really love you, but people don't always act in ways that make sense.

She may not have any malicious intent towards you and be genuinely mixed up, but in this situation you have to look out for YOU and given the information at hand, you have to accept it's over and move on. The worst most hellish place to be in situations like these is in limbo where you're not sure if it's over or not.
I almost wish her friend at work didn't tell me they talk about me and the things she's said. I was doing pretty good with the situation until I heard that. With that said I still refuse to initiate contact with her to get to the bottom of things. There's a small part of me that wishes I could hate her, but that won't happen no matter what. I was reading elsewhere that I should write down a list of things that made the relationship negative. Unfortunately the only thing I could come up with was the day she told me she needed to get herself right. Everything about us was so good. We never had one fight, EVER. In fact, on numerous occasions, we would ask each other what is it going to take for us to have a fight.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:48 AM

245 posts, read 219,334 times
This sounds so strangely like one of my last long term relationships, it's uncanny.

If it was me, I would press her for an explanation. Be prepared for any answer she gives you, and then be prepared to make a decision based on that info.

Be prepared for anything from the pregnant / abortion angle (which is what I thought too), to she cheated on you, which sounds unlikely if you were more or less living together.

I can tell you that was what happened to me, and it f'ed me up for quite a while based on what we had gone through

Quote:
I almost wish her friend at work didn't tell me they talk about me and the things she's said. I was doing pretty good with the situation until I heard that. With that said I still refuse to initiate contact with her to get to the bottom of things.
I think that's a bad idea. Leaving things in limbo is unfair to you. She should be able to appreciate that and accept the fact that you are initiating the contact. You AVOIDING her is sending her mixed signals about your interest...

Quote:
There's a small part of me that wishes I could hate her, but that won't happen no matter what.
You can't hate her yet because you dont know what happened. If she cheated on you, you have every right to hate her. If she got knocked up and had an abortion, that's your call... Personally that would not be a deal breaker, but I would be upset that she did not involve me in the decision.

It's quite possible she just fell out of love with you too... and wanted to make a split before you moved in... it happens.

Quote:
I was reading elsewhere that I should write down a list of things that made the relationship negative. Unfortunately the only thing I could come up with was the day she told me she needed to get herself right. Everything about us was so good. We never had one fight, EVER. In fact, on numerous occasions, we would ask each other what is it going to take for us to have a fight.
No, you need to press her for info, period. She OWES you that. If she wont, you need to make a clean split, and tell her that's why

Old 12-17-2014, 11:00 AM

6,449 posts, read 9,807,225 times
I would move on personally.

Who wants to be with someone so flaky for no reason?

So you work things out and what happens a year down the road when she gets flaky again? No thanks.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:09 AM

The last time we spoke, I explained to her why I've been avoiding her at work and she said she understood, and that it was probably best to keep personal business out of the work place. I did tell her friend that I will not ignore her if she wants to contact me and she should contact me if that's how she really feels. Ironically I saw her friend today in the hallway and she told me that my ex knows how I feel about her so I'm not worried about her having mixed signals about that. Her friend also told her that we spoke. For the record her friend approached me about this, I did not go looking for answers from an outside source.

As far as the whole pregnant/abortion thing I'm positive that wasn't the case, and as far as cheating on me I'm certain that wasn't the case either. There is one thing that stands out to me, her best friend, whose house we went to in early September to help with some home improvement, told me that she's never seen my ex happier. In fact she told me that my ex told her she would never get into another relationship again after her marriage and last long term relationship ended. I'm thinking the whole moving in thing really did freak her out and she realized that maybe she is better off alone. She did become extremely independent. I had to practically beg her for almost 3 months to let me take the garbage out, she would always say that she's been doing this for 4 years on her own.

Who really knows though. I guess if she decides to contact me then it was meant to be. Even though I'm having a hard time with this I have to stick to my guns in this case at the moment. I'd hate to push her away for good by pressuring her for answers. Judging from what her friend at work told me I think she's vulnerable right now and I think pushing her away for good is possible at this point.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:26 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Ironically I saw her friend today in the hallway and she told me that my ex knows how I feel about her so I'm not worried about her having mixed signals about that. Her friend also told her that we spoke. For the record her friend approached me about this, I did not go looking for answers from an outside source.
It would be easier to move on if this friend would stop reporting to you.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:02 PM

The only reason her friend said anything to me was she could tell my ex was upset and thought maybe I would reach out to her. After I told her why I couldn't do that she agreed and understands these "reports" are filling me with false hopes. I told her friend that I still do love her and miss her a lot. Even though this is 100% true I'm kind of regretting telling her friend that.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:33 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
The only reason her friend said anything to me was she could tell my ex was upset and thought maybe I would reach out to her. After I told her why I couldn't do that she agreed and understands these "reports" are filling me with false hopes. I told her friend that I still do love her and miss her a lot. Even though this is 100% true I'm kind of regretting telling her friend that.
Sure, especially since you KNOW the friend will certainly tell her.

Then she'll come back with something to tell YOU next time. It's like picking a scab open.

Try to avoid this person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships